Northern Soul Classic Oldies That Still Hardly Turn Up.....on Issue

Wiganer1

Dean Courtney - Love you just can't walk away - MGM

Stanley Mitchell - Get it baby - Dynamo

Rueben - You've been away - Kapp

Tob Legend - Time will pass you by - Mala

I had a Tobi Legend blue issue bitd, also found 4 Stanley Mitchell issues in the States.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

I'm mad for black issues - here's an image I made of some of the harder ones in my collection. Since then I've also picked up a Trends and a Willie Kendrick but I'm still struggling with Dean Courtney, Carol & Gerri, Rubin & Lorraine Chandler ("Change")

Cheers.......Pete

post-2737-0-00466200-1428998766_thumb.jp

Social source share

I'm mad for black issues - here's an image I made of some of the harder ones in my collection. Since then I've also picked up a Trends and a Willie Kendrick but I'm still struggling with Dean Courtney, Carol & Gerri, Rubin & Lorraine Chandler ("Change")

Cheers.......Pete

attachicon.gifall blacks.jpg

Pete your willie hutch didn't happen to come from our good friend mr rivers as it looks as clean as mine did. Still wish I hadn't sold it. Still got my Rubin and Yum Yum's though

Social source share

Cheers.......Pete

Now, who mentioned 'showboating' the other day? :D  :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers.......Pete

beautiful pete,,,,had a chance of we go together for 125 but turned it down,,,  :no:

Social source share

Thinking about it.

Parkway Issues can be scarce.

Vikki Baines. Christine Cooper. Yvonne Baker. Ben Zine and the other day someone had a Bunny Sigler Girl don't make me wait on the West Coast design. Not seen one before! 

I can honestly claim to have sold one very well known DJ, Parkway issues of Vickie Baines, Christine Cooper and Janie Grant, as well as the Dean Courtney MGM stock copy.  And he says I never do him any favours.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The wonderful both sides Sandra Philips - I wish I had known / Hoping you'll come back on Okeh seems to be harder on issue than demo for some reason

Móst of the rare/desirable records on Okeh are pretty scarce on issue methinks - Sandi Sheldon, Johnny Robinson, Tangeers,

Major Lance - You dont want me, Major Harris, and Sandra Phillips as you mention Steve   

Social source share

Móst of the rare/desirable records on Okeh are pretty scarce on issue methinks - Sandi Sheldon, Johnny Robinson, Tangeers,

Major Lance - You dont want me, Major Harris, and Sandra Phillips as you mention Steve   

I don't think I've ever seen an issue of Ken Williams "Come Back" come to think of it.....

Ian D 

Social source share

I don't think I've ever seen an issue of Ken Williams "Come Back" come to think of it.....

Ian D 

I had issues of Ken Williams and Major Harris, but all the rest Sandi Sheldon, Major Lance, Tangeers, Triumphs, etc were all demos.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Pete your willie hutch didn't happen to come from our good friend mr rivers as it looks as clean as mine did. Still wish I hadn't sold it. Still got my Rubin and Yum Yum's though

No it didn't Paul although he did approach me.  I think the one pictured might be the elusive East Coast pressing too - the font layout differs from the West Coast.

Social source share

Not ultra rare, but much harder than demos ....

Robert Walker - Stick To Me - RCA

Dana Valery - You Don't Know ... - Columbia

Cheers

Mick

luckily picked a robert walker up on us ebay cheap looks vg - but plays great nearly got another but the seller would not sell it to me in the uk  :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!