Northern Soul Classic Oldies That Still Hardly Turn Up.....on Issue

Wiganer1

Two cheap records but I think are very rare on demo - I turned up both within a week of each other a few years ago and haven't seen another since:

andre maurice - you're the cream of the crop - white demo

kim tolliver - i don't know what foot to dance on - white demo

not exactly The Salvadors but bloomin' hard to find

of course muggins here didn't read the full title of the topic which says "issues"

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Thinking about it.

Parkway Issues can be scarce.

Vikki Baines. Christine Cooper. Yvonne Baker. Ben Zine and the other day someone had a Bunny Sigler Girl don't make me wait on the West Coast design. Not seen one before! 

"Heartaches away" is tough on issue but weirdly it's the other way around for her other stuff on Parkway

Social source share

The reason that "Baby reconsider" on issue is so rare is that Fat Fish pulled it about 10 days after release under threat from Berry Gordy who accused them of plagiarism. Seeing how he'd just won a case against Curtis Mayfield for similar they thought the better of it (secret message to Ady C - this come from AW ;-)

Social source share

A couple of other very rare Columbia issues : -

George Carrow & Jimmy Fraser

Bought this one from Soul Bowl back in the 70s with Incorrect title.

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A_WT-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_WT-1.gif

I was searching for years to find a RED Stock Copy with the correct title.

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A-1-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_200-1.jpg

Always thought that it should be there. Eventually found one a couple of years ago.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here in the US, I've seen red issues of all the Columbia 45s mentioned, they are easier to find than many of the other labels mentioned here. The only one that was never on stock AFAIK  was the Youth Opportunity Program promo of the Jimmy Fraser 45.

Speaking of UK 45s, at least ones released in the US, I would like to see a black issue of the Tony Colton 45 on ABC, never seen one

Edited by George G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

post-8742-0-24449100-1429303407_thumb.jp

Here in the US, I've seen red issues of all the Columbia 45s mentioned, they are easier to find than many of the other labels mentioned here. The only one that was never on stock AFAIK  was the Youth Opportunity Program promo of the Jimmy Fraser 45.

Speaking of UK 45s, at least ones released in the US, I would like to see a black issue of the Tony Colton 45 on ABC, never seen one

Funny you should ask, I just saw this on popske, not mine unfortunately.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Luther Ingram Exus Trek/ If It's All  the Same To You Babe  on HIB  ( 4862 Parker St Detroit) vinyl issue

Ever seen another copy?

Mine is identical except for one very small difference which is proberbly a huge one in value, the credit is spelt Wylia instead of Wylie.

Steve

Social source share

Mine is identical except for one very small difference which is proberbly a huge one in value, the credit is spelt Wylia instead of Wylie.

Steve

Unfortunately you're right Steve, found this in an old post from 2006 so the values will have changed:

IF IT'S ALL THE SAME TO YOU BABE EXUS TREK HIB RECORDS 698 orange label "wylie credit" 750.00+

original 1966 Atco press with different text on label layout. Easiest way to tell is WYLIE is credited as the writer. 1973 issue reads WYLIA 

IF IT'S ALL THE SAME TO YOU BABE EXUS TREK HIB RECORDS 698 orange "wylia credit" this is the 1973 Atco re-issue 50.00 

Pete

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!