Dynells "call On Me" - Booted?

Ljblanken

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Yes and no , The Dynells " Let me prove that I love you " on a white Atco plug side type demo was done back to back with Vivian Reed's " Save your love for me "  in an ATCO record sleeve. the vinyl is vinyl and not styrene and the label is slightly smaller than the label plinth . " Call on me " was not done. regards , Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

looks alright to me ( why would atco demo's be on styrene? surely they're all vinyl???)

Have to concur with Mr.Pugh on that , how are you John ?

Social source share

here it is. got it for $40.

has "let me prove that i love you" on flip

I agree with the consensus, the record in the picture is a 100% original Atco. 

Atco/Atlantic used about 4 different pressing plants so there can be variations between originals. 

Social source share

The wdj copy Ive had for many years seems identical top this one. It looks like two double decker buses decided to use it for an ice skating rink, yet it sounds great in a club, it's in my collections "top 3 worst looking records that play great"

Have to concur with Mr.Pugh on that , how are you John ?

I'm better now the sun is shining Simon, hoped to see you at rugby, next time mate?

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

The wdj copy Ive had for many years seems identical top this one. It looks like two double decker buses decided to use it for an ice skating rink, yet it sounds great in a club, it's in my collections "top 3 worst looking records that play great"

I'm better now the sun is shining Simon, hoped to see you at rugby, next time mate?

Hi John hope so mate it always clashes with me either DJing or being at weekenders , I tell you what mate give it a month as I'm just moving all the records from my old house to various places pm when you have some time and I'll pop over for the day mate . regards to your family and Mr onions as well with the very best regards , Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!