Soul Source,

• Replies 79
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been on this site,for what seems forever,cant do this,cant do that,mods are too ready to direct a thread,used to be a laugh on here,now its been taken over by stuffy DJs,who just wanna` boost there profiles,post endless useless playlists,and slag off fat dancers,mods should be moderating,not dictating,mods get a life :lol: ,your spoiling my second home,in my first home,i can play my records whatever format i like,theyre my records i own,all originals,cant post em` no more..............only same as listening to a soul club files,if they`re ok,i should be :thumbsup: oh,and them that slag off politics on the scene,by postin` a anti-politics posts,talk bollox,if you dont want it,go lokc yourselfs in room somewere,for a bit,its not politics thats bad on the "scene",just a few sad folk,who think we are what we are by accident.

Anybody else agree :huh:

Ken

Tottenham, getting to you mate. :lol::lol:

Social source share

Been on this site,for what seems forever,cant do this,cant do that,mods are too ready to direct a thread,used to be a laugh on here,now its been taken over by stuffy DJs,who just wanna` boost there profiles,post endless useless playlists,and slag off fat dancers,mods should be moderating,not dictating,mods get a life :lol: ,your spoiling my second home,in my first home,i can play my records whatever format i like,theyre my records i own,all originals,cant post em` no more..............only same as listening to a soul club files,if they`re ok,i should be :thumbsup: oh,and them that slag off politics on the scene,by postin` a anti-politics posts,talk bollox,if you dont want it,go lokc yourselfs in room somewere,for a bit,its not politics thats bad on the "scene",just a few sad folk,who think we are what we are by accident.

Anybody else agree :huh:

Ken

I'm fine with it all except when folk have a pop at other posters and kick off with the mods who imo do a superb job. :lol:

Social source share

Guest markmtfc

I think you need to come home now ken, youv,e stuck it out, and proved your point, but i really think you need to come back up norff.

Social source share

i know where the OFF button is if it all gets too much!! :huh:

i just turn my pc off and get on with my real life, give it a try ken, there's a whole world out there just waiting to be founmd :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Marcelle

Been on this site,for what seems forever,cant do this,cant do that,mods are too ready to direct a thread,used to be a laugh on here,now its been taken over by stuffy DJs,who just wanna` boost there profiles,post endless useless playlists,and slag off fat dancers,mods should be moderating,not dictating,mods get a life :lol: ,your spoiling my second home,in my first home,i can play my records whatever format i like,theyre my records i own,all originals,cant post em` no more..............only same as listening to a soul club files,if they`re ok,i should be :huh: oh,and them that slag off politics on the scene,by postin` a anti-politics posts,talk bollox,if you dont want it,go lokc yourselfs in room somewere,for a bit,its not politics thats bad on the "scene",just a few sad folk,who think we are what we are by accident.

Anybody else agree :lol:

Ken

How true how true .... Ken marry me we could take over the world & create more MISFITS .................... power to the misfits

I remember the good old days when I didnt really STOP & think "how I worded a posting" I typed what I was thinking at that time & how I would say it .... now its like STOP TAKE A DEEP BREATH ..... THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE ..OK NOW start typing oh no ..... STOP Marcelle thats too POLITICAL or HONEST or FUNNY & im always using "faces, phrases IMVHO ect ect to clarify what im saying :thumbsup::lol:

& as for "humour" well its got lost somewhere in the abys of SS

"REWARD GIVEN FOR THE RETURN OF HUMOUR"

as I havnt got much to offer as a reward ..... you can have Chris for the weekend great at making tea & toast .... oh & he`s not bad at promoting (dont tell him I said that)

on a serius note ...... nah that will wait till later ..... oh go on then I can feel the tension buliding up in anticapation of what i`ll write ... opps cant think anymore BEFORE I type ... better go & eat more brain food

Marcelle xx

ps Ken did you break your leg years ago & get left on a motorway service car park ? if you did aww thats so mean. If you didnt I`ll slap Mo for telling me porkies.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Being a mod on here seems to be something approaching a black hole. Once the guys give up modding they seem to disapear quickly, never to be seen again. While that might be nice when we are talking about Andy, Monkey and Rowley :huh: I mean guys like Rach, Shane, Baz, Mandy etc etc

Has anyone heard from Janine or Dave? There is a piccy of Kolla in Karen's 'Soul of the Barrio' pictures, but is that the real Kolla or a life size model from Tussauds??

Actually have Dave and Janine taken Johnny and Ali One Trout with them? They dont seem to post on here very often anymore either. See what I mean black hole! Spooky.

Keep up the good work guys, and try not to disappear in the future hey :thumbsup:

Social source share

Some relevant points Ken but where else can you hear and see records and artists you'd probably never get the chance to see anywhere else? Buy and sell records free of charge? Get in touch with people you thought you'd never hear from again? Share tunes with like minded people? Slag off modern and crossover til your hearts content?

It's the same as anything, we moan about it but would miss it if it wasn't there.

Social source share

Guest rachel

Being a mod on here seems to be something approaching a black hole. Once the guys give up modding they seem to disapear quickly, never to be seen again. While that might be nice when we are talking about Andy, Monkey and Rowley :lol: I mean guys like Rach, Shane, Baz, Mandy etc etc

Has anyone heard from Janine or Dave? There is a piccy of Kolla in Karen's 'Soul of the Barrio' pictures, but is that the real Kolla or a life size model from Tussauds??

Actually have Dave and Janine taken Johnny and Ali One Trout with them? They dont seem to post on here very often anymore either. See what I mean black hole! Spooky.

Keep up the good work guys, and try not to disappear in the future hey :huh:

Mikey - the moderators are actually life-like robots made by the evil genius Mike in this workshop/ lab/ garden shed in Wales (think the Fembots from Austin Powers, though possibly not for Shane or Baz :thumbsup: ). Once we reach the end of our useful life (or in some cases malfunction) we will be decommissioned and sent to slowly wind down in a disused warehouse until our batteries finally lose all charge. Some of us will be broken down for scrap, or refurbished as non-moderating models, which is why you may see similar looking beings out and about at the occasional soul night long after they are no longer present on Soul Source.

Must go, I think I have a short circuit........

Social source share

Guest trickbag

ohhhhhhhhh ken, down in the dumps this morning,

know what you mean about the mods,that shane boy

trying to make me work crazy or what,then thiers

rachel (in my dreams)its only a bit of a laugh and if some

take it to seriously then thets up to them,djs well they only

think they know it,except big daddy my hero,if you want

you can pm me your whole collection,hope your day gets a bit

brighter.

ricky.

sock it to em shorty

Social source share

i can play my records whatever format i like,theyre my records i own,all originals,cant post em` no more..............

You need spoiling Ken... and chocolate!

I'm pretty sure you can post them fella.... unless that 'add CLIP' button means a quick slap round the side of the head!

Now there's a thought... Mike....? :thumbsup:

Social source share

ohhhhhhhhh ken, down in the dumps this morning,

know what you mean about the mods,that shane boy

trying to make me work crazy or what,then thiers

rachel (in my dreams)its only a bit of a laugh and if some

take it to seriously then thets up to them,djs well they only

think they know it,except big daddy my hero,if you want

you can pm me your whole collection,hope your day gets a bit

brighter.

ricky.

sock it to em shorty

Ricky, what a nice thing to say although i'm no hero mate....lol on a serious note i think if you have a passion for the music, commitment and dedication then the genuine people who care shine through all the negatives, what i try and do via the radio show is real i have no agenda but to play two hours of quality music every Sunday, i try to reflect this ethos when i DJ at the venues, i used to get drawn into the real gritty stuff on here but choose not to get involved as sometimes shit has a habbit of hitting the fan and comes straight back at you.

This site has several sections and i tend to stick to the ones that share information on venues, records, sales sections etc. people come and go on here as it's already been said, sometimes as with anything in life if you spend to much time on something even the most passionate subject can become a little stale, you can start to spend all hours of the day and night on here and can take some topics a little too seriously, this scene and it's music can get under your skin, hard to split it from being a pass time or hobby to an obession and a way of life, i think if the scene is your life then people are very protective and sensative to any negative comment or points of view, yes some posts are done to cause reaction and effect and sometimes people bite.

As Pete S said this is a great site to share information and if it was not there then it would be missed by many people, i do think that free speach is so important and this site provides a plattform to vent a varried and well balanced selection of topics and again if you don't like or wish to get involved with some stuff then simply don't, use and share rather than walking away.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Actually have Dave and Janine taken Johnny and Ali One Trout with them? They dont seem to post on here very often anymore either. See what I mean black hole! Spooky

I see Winnie lurking at the bottom of the page. Not said owt for a while. Brett Franklin on tother day after a three month break. Billy the Boot - Karen C. Infrequent Godzilla - I miss them. Look at old threads and see these replies and think oh yeah I'd forgotten about so and so .. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I see Winnie lurking at the bottom of the page. Not said owt for a while. Brett Franklin on tother day after a three month break. Billy the Boot - Karen C. Infrequent Godzilla - I miss them. Look at old threads and see these replies and think oh yeah I'd forgotten about so and so .. :lol:

=========

Been out of circulation for a few weeks Simsy, that's all. No access to a computer on a regular basis, but back now :huh:

On Ken's points, I can see what he means, at times things do seem over-moderated, but I guess we have to remember that it is a public forum, so non stop swearing or outrageous statements re: any given subject could lead to all sorts of problems.

Some people do 'over hype' themselves and their events, but for most it's not difficult to see through and the simple answer is don't comment on those particular threads. Thinking about it a typical example of being PC is now contained within this post, instead of saying one in particular 'over hypes' his events, I chose to say some :lol: Just the way of the world these days, not neccessarily a bad thing everyone has the right to be treated with respect if they are posting something they deem valid.

All in all I should say I don't find SS boring because I keep away from the 'boring' bits and I also think the MODS do a good job :thumbsup:

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest Marcelle

OK on a serious note .....

SS is a great site offering lots of topics to contribute to & each to thier own of what they get from SS, & I am aware that "care" should be taken before posting due to legalities ect ... but along with info I have got pleasure from reading & posting humourous postings including banter (beware Mace im back :thumbsup: ) & though its not a "people meeting site" through it I have met people who though on the scene I hadnt met before.

Unfortuntly there have been times in the past when "SS" has been used as a way of "slagging off people/venues ect" & I personaly for awhile didnt want or was very wary of what I posted, as I didnt want to feel I would be publicly "attacked" for my views & thoughts which has happened ...

IMO this has been addressed & I do feel more comfortable posting .... Serious / Funny posts ... (you wont get much info off me sorry)

so Ken let us begin with naughty but nice humour .... laughter is good for the heart as it releases happy endorphins that scuttle around the body going YIPPEE im happy ... & its suppossed to be one of the leading "remedies" in fighting wrinkles & at our time of life we need all the help we can get .... OH & ITS FREEEEEEEEEE

Marcelle xx

ps .... Forgot its good for the SOUL :huh: I know thats so NOT funny :lol:

Edited by Marcelle
Social source share

Must say I don't mind the mods intervening and cracking the rod of discipline. Nothing worse than a good thread being hi-jacked or taken off course. It is also very clear what people should expect - good soul info, sales and wants, and media sharing.

I never use of Freebasing much because I am on here for soul, rather than conspiracy theories, sheffield united or the sexual predilections of ageing sixties soul boys.

(nb a predilection is what you get when your aroused, a mint Detroit rarity always arouses me.)

Social source share

Anybody else agree :thumbsup:

Ken

Obviously not,must be me then!!,thanks for your input,i`m orf to find some chocolate.

PS,Austrailia sounds great..............................but!!

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

I think that the moderators should be like the BBC. Completely unbiased and impartial. It would worry me if people are treated differently. The issue on promoters treated in a different manner has already been covered. But in the last few days some one posts a 60 year old poster in freebasing of a good time girl and the danger of vd to troops is pulled up on it. But a set of pictures of a stripper with her norks out isnt! Now don't get me wrong I'm all in favour of pictures of women with their baps out but there should be some consistency. I'm not having a go at anyone and will shut up now.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mikey - the moderators are actually life-like robots made by the evil genius Mike in this workshop/ lab/ garden shed in Wales (think the Fembots from Austin Powers, though possibly not for Shane or Baz :huh: ). Once we reach the end of our useful life (or in some cases malfunction) we will be decommissioned and sent to slowly wind down in a disused warehouse until our batteries finally lose all charge. Some of us will be broken down for scrap, or refurbished as non-moderating models, which is why you may see similar looking beings out and about at the occasional soul night long after they are no longer present on Soul Source.

Must go, I think I have a short circuit........

There was a time Rach, where you couldnt post for mentions of batteries and rabbits, and the like :thumbsup:

Social source share

Obviously not,must be me then!!,thanks for your input,i`m orf to find some chocolate.

sorry IM in late today..had to do some work and throw bread to the helicopters

Nope Im with you on that one Ken to an extent..

Not getting boring at all as this is the most informative site ever for me but its just getting :huh:FAR TOOOOO SERIOUS :lol:

you cant post this you cant post that you cant say ""shit ,f*** or bugger because children are reading the site posts,like they dont hear these words in the BIG WORLD ???and not to mention anything of a sexual content even in jest as women read this site too

"They dont have sex of course" .they just lie there and let us help ourselves.. :thumbsup:

Got to say we have lost the fun side of things somewhere sometimes

CERTAIN MODS have no sense of humour and critisize others for having one.Who makes them decide whats funny????????????

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...then the decide to PM US and give us shit for having a laugh with our mates ...

FASCISTS.......... :lol::lol:

apart from that this site is the best in the world IMO......

I couldnt live without it now..Its an integral part of my life especially while IM here offshore..nothing else to do so Id be lost without it..BIGTIME..I have withdrawal symptoms when the site is down for more than an hour...

Keep up the excellent work MIKE

and give the mods a chill pill....No one likes dictators..

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

Not getting boring at all as this is the most informative site ever for me but its just getting :huh:FAR TOOOOO SERIOUS :lol:

you cant post this you cant post that you cant say ""shit ,f*** or bugger because children are reading the site posts,like they dont hear these words in the BIG WORLD ???and not to mention anything of a sexual content even in jest as women read this site too

"They dont have sex of course" .they just lie there and let us help ourselves.. :thumbsup:

CERTAIN MODS have no sense of humour and critisize others for having one.Who makes them decide whats funny????????????

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...then the decide to PM US and give us shit for having a laugh with our mates ...

I couldnt live without it now..Its an integral part of my life especially while IM here offshore..nothing else to do so Id be lost without it..BIGTIME..I have withdrawal symptoms when the site is down for more than an hour...

That's a good point about the swearing. And why would any kids actually be on here? There aren't that many 11 year olds into northern soul, and any that are would probably swear like buggery already.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Must say I don't mind the mods intervening and cracking the rod of discipline. Nothing worse than a good thread being hi-jacked or taken off course. It is also very clear what people should expect - good soul info, sales and wants, and media sharing.

I never use of Freebasing much because I am on here for soul, rather than conspiracy theories, sheffield united or the sexual predilections of ageing sixties soul boys.

(nb a predilection is what you get when your aroused, a mint Detroit rarity always arouses me.)

Is a Pre erection what you get just before...you take it out of its factory sleeve :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

That's a good point about the swearing. And why would any kids actually be on here? There aren't that many 11 year olds into northern soul, and any that are would probably swear like buggery already.

a number of reason why swearing is not allowed.

1. PC's in workplaces may have blockers on websites that contain adult material.

2. Some people find it offensive.

I think we have a duty to respect the readers of the forum.

Shane

Social source share

:thumbsup:FAR TOOOOO SERIOUS :huh:

I agree,and with PeteS`s,last point.........glad it wasnt a waste of thread.

Social source share

1. PC's in workplaces may have blockers on websites that contain adult material.

They should be working at work not on here anyway

what are they paid for???

2. Some people find it offensive.

maybe a poll to see who is offended by swearing words...???

BUT

Id guess that most of us are adults and swear also

so maybe a warning on site that if swearing offends

F**K off else where.. :huh::lol:

I think we have a duty to respect the readers of the forum.

Shane

PS this is just a joke..before I get PM,d..

maybe you can switch it to the jokes section.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Shane

What are they doing using the internet at work anyway, get some work done you lazy gits, we're having to suffer not being able to swear because of you workshy b*st8rds

Social source share

Dictators???? What a load of tripe!

Most people over the age of 14 don't find gratuitous swearing and cheap sexual innuendo funny anyway. Are you Benny Hill?

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

gasher, it is posts like yours that sometimes make me feel like walking away from the moderating duties. i know you are having a go at me cos i have told you to watch your language a few times.

with regards to sense of humour i understand you work on an oil rig?

maybe on that oil rig you are quite entertaining telling jokes to other fat hairy arsed men about s*****g sheep? anyway i don't blame you for telling crap jokes cos you probably haven't been on dry land since 1983. you can also swear as much as you want cos i don't think many can hear you either. :thumbsup:

and also whilst i am on it - ken, let us know some more details about 'crap moderating' cos your half arsed rant is something we get a lot of on here. whinging about this and that without any real substance. (still love ya mate but i am up for ranting too :huh: )

Shane

Social source share

gasher, it is posts like yours that sometimes make me feel like walking away from the moderating duties. i know you are having a go at me cos i have told you to watch your language a few times.

dont let me stop you then :thumbsup:

with regards to sense of humour i understand you work on an oil rig?

well I dont really work

I spend most of my time on here..getting paid for it..great job :lol:

maybe on that oil rig you are quite entertaining telling jokes to other fat hairy arsed men about s*****g sheep?

Do you like sheep too or do i detect a hint of jealousy.. :lol::lol:

anyway i don't blame you for telling crap jokes cos you probably haven't been on dry land since 1983.

yep youre right the sun is getting to me know :lol:

maybe we can have a pint one day and I can tell you some crap jokes then..

:huh::lol:

Social source share

Dictators???? What a load of tripe!

Most people over the age of 14 don't find gratuitous swearing and cheap sexual innuendo funny anyway. Are you Benny Hill?

No IM not Benny Hill but I AM ONLY 13 1/2 YEARS OLD.

I guess it shows eh..??

Social source share

Can I just say that I have never been told off for anything that I have posted - even when its been proper filthy :thumbsup:

Perhaps its because I look so innocent that it doesn't offend - or more likely that everyone knows that I like to be punished :huh:

Have met some great people through this site - mostly strange men that point and say are you ...? Have found it a bit boring too lately, but thats probably because lots of the regular posters that had funny and informative things to say have just drifted off. Also we keep getting the same threads going round and round. AND way too many discussions about Wigan :lol: BUT in the true spirit of repitition can we have the best girl dancer thread again, as I might get a mention this time :lol:

Social source share

Can I just say that I have never been told off for anything that I have posted - even when its been proper filthy :thumbsup:

Perhaps its because I look so innocent that it doesn't offend - or more likely that everyone knows that I like to be punished :huh:

Have met some great people through this site - mostly strange men that point and say are you ...? Have found it a bit boring too lately, but thats probably because lots of the regular posters that had funny and informative things to say have just drifted off. Also we keep getting the same threads going round and round. AND way too many discussions about Wigan :lol: BUT in the true spirit of repitition can we have the best girl dancer thread again, as I might get a mention this time :lol:

Nah...girls can't Dance :lol:

Bazza

Social source share

FAVOURITISM ...yeah Kirsty its amazing what you get away with when you look SOOOOOO hot :huh: .

bring out the bunny oufit again :lol:

Social source share

Well there's 94 guests on at the moment, 44 members and 7 :huh: members ...

Which is about average for this time on a Tuesday I'd say.

If it's getting boring, it's up to us to think of some interesting threads. :lol:

This isn't the only NS forum as you all know and if you think this is boring ... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think we need ian Levine as a mod...discuss ;-)

Please dont delete, like a long neck, its only a bit of a giraffe.

Social source share

There's only so many threads you can do on one subject, once they are exhausted you go round again from the beginning.

Also I would think that over 50% of people who use the site would prefer jokes, however rude, to endless political ranting.

BRAVO PEDRO..I,LL SECOND THAT

Social source share

Never can tell how a thread is going to go. Some I've looked at in a glance and thought they'd have no legs have gone on to several pages.

Usually newbe's have fresh idea's for threads. Which must mean the old timers either A, can't be arsed. B, feel they've done their bit. C, content to sit on the fence like chubby complaicent cats.. :thumbsup:

ps, still feel this navel examination tad unnecessary and soul source is the greatest website on the internet and I'm beside myself when it goes down.

Social source share