Soul Source,

Guest Marcelle

Is a Pre erection what you get just before...you take it out of its factory sleeve :thumbsup:

:huh::lol: .... when & if they can find the sleeve :lol:

This is a fine example of "fun" that makes me laugh on here

Social source share

• Replies 79
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Marcelle

Can I just say that I have never been told off for anything that I have posted - even when its been proper filthy :thumbsup:

Perhaps its because I look so innocent that it doesn't offend - or more likely that everyone knows that I like to be punished :huh:

Have met some great people through this site - mostly strange men that point and say are you ...? Have found it a bit boring too lately, but thats probably because lots of the regular posters that had funny and informative things to say have just drifted off. Also we keep getting the same threads going round and round. AND way too many discussions about Wigan :lol: BUT in the true spirit of repitition can we have the best girl dancer thread again, as I might get a mention this time :lol:

Just for you sweetie ....... Kirsty is a good dancer :lol:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

:huh::lol: .... when & if they can find the sleeve :lol:

This is a fine example of "fun" that makes me laugh on here

oooohhh....magnifying glass and tweezer sex.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

asked all the mods to hold off replying on this thread before I post up my bit

thanks to Ken for his post

always welcome feedback and always more than happy to answer any points

On the forum and mods some of the issues raised have been answered elsewhere before and so have done it both as a reply here and also so can use it on the site info bit afterwards, so may read a bit general

on the issue of forums and moderation - have answered below will answer the other issues rasied in a bit

forums and moderation

mods

The make up of the mod team hopefully represents a varied cross selection of members . Their brief is purely and simply to help make soul source more enjoyable.

Rather each forum sort of reflect the mods who look after it, giving each their own feel/taste rather than say the way bbc does it, have no desite to adopt a post "your post has been removed due to it not complying etc etc " sort of system with bland faceless moderation

Understand that not everyone may find some mods style or take on things to their liking, but to be blunt that has never been a major concern. The main thing is keeping the forums worthwhile and enjoyable and unfortunatly due to peoples posts it does mean at times they have to step in and take some action.

Have to say am more than happy with all the current mods and the way they do things and what they bring to the forum,

guidelines/moderation

Terms of use - is the backbone of what the site works off, last time looked only 100 or so have read it, it is generic, but working off that has been proved

The idea of all moderation is to try and keep the forums - worthwhile and enjoyable

Moderation on site - its up to the mods of that forum to decide if moderation is needed on any post, they are aware of the guidelines and I personally trust and respect their judgement.

Do ask use common sense with applying the guidelines, and know that do take other factors into account, and due to this this it can make the moderation look uneven to members if not aware of all the factors.

This is one of reasons why always shouting for people to post if have any probs with moderation or site, if you do have a problem and let us know, then can at least pass on the reasons why moderation was carried on, dont ask you to agree or nod your head when hearing it, but at least by posting concern the site is aware of it

The aim of all moderation is to keep the forum enjoyable and worthwhile, if a post is moved, edited or deleted, there is only one reason why that has been done... to help try and keep the forums enjoyable and worthwhile

content

idea of different forums is that people can get to the topics/content that they are interested in with out messing around

if do prefer the one forum approach then the "new posts" feature sort of allows that

but when posting, do ask that you post it in the right section so that members who use the traditional method don't get hassle of unwanted posts in the wrong section

endnote

Do rely on all members espically long time ones to help avoid unnecesary moderation.

It is all about keeping the forum worthwhile and enjoyable, and its a right pain having to move or edit posts and all the other hassle that get when felt action is needed.

Do ask all members to bear in mind that there is only one main reason why any moderation is carried out on here...

to try and keep the forums enjoyable and worthwhile

Social source share

There's only so many threads you can do on one subject, once they are exhausted you go round again from the beginning.

Also I would think that over 50% of people who use the site would prefer jokes, however rude, to endless political ranting.

=============

Agree with you about threads being repeated, but as has been said before SS is constantly gaining new members, so they may not be aware of previous content. So if something has been done before it doesn't really bother me :D

Not sure where you come up with the 50% would prefer jokes. Probably about 4000 members on SS, how many of them post?

Winnie:-)

Social source share

=============

Agree with you about threads being repeated, but as has been said before SS is constantly gaining new members, so they may not be aware of previous content. So if something has been done before it doesn't really bother me :D

Not sure where you come up with the 50% would prefer jokes. Probably about 4000 members on SS, how many of them post?

Winnie:-)

last time looked ( a couple of months ago) Winnie it was about 900 members had posted at least one post in the last month

bit lost where the jokes bit comes into the equation, all members are free to post jokes etc up in freebasing section

Social source share

I see Winnie lurking at the bottom of the page. Not said owt for a while. Brett Franklin on tother day after a three month break. Billy the Boot - Karen C. Infrequent Godzilla - I miss them. Look at old threads and see these replies and think oh yeah I'd forgotten about so and so .. :D

Been wondering for a while were the old school members have dissapeared to , don't forget Mr May .

WE KNOW YOUR OUT THERE GET OFF YA ASS AND SPEAK TO US

Social source share

That's a good point about the swearing. And why would any kids actually be on here? There aren't that many 11 year olds into northern soul, and any that are would probably swear like buggery already.

LOL - I can vouch for that!

Social source share

LOL - I can vouch for that!

as you are one of worst offenders maybe worth saying again

do not appreciate offensive language or images, this is due to following

1. not all members appreciate offensive language or images

2. the site is public and open to all, as a guide on what is acceptable the site uses the uk daily press as a guide, we work on the theory that if its ok for a uk daily paper then its ok for here

3. work filters - many members use site at work, some places have offensive language or images filters set up , have found this can prevent members viewing site

4. adult content - the use of offensive language or images can result in the site classified as adult site, this would have a negative effect on site via search engines etc

there you go...

Social source share

Heres my views for what its worth.....

Soul source boring? i wouldn't say it is, if you think it is why not get involved in the site abit more? have a bit of banter, get involved in as many topics as you can, no point saying its boring then just reading it......do summin about it :lol:

Moderation, we're not robots or paid to do this job, all of us put alot of free time in going through the site, trying our best to help keep it running smoothly, and worthwhile, yes we make mistakes, some times have a moan, we're only human....well maybe not Mike :lol:

beleive it or not and i bet i vouch for all the mods here, we always try and have the sites best interest at heart, ok its hard to please every one all the time but, it needs doing.

moaning about swearing "oh i got told off" ect then lashing back at the site with stupid posts like we're all fashists, dictators......erm hold on a min whos the one doing the dictating by saying what the moderators should/shouldn't be doing???

Jokes on the site are great and some times a bit of off topic banter is fun, but think of all the people who are reading the site for worthwhile posts, some ones started a topic up they come back to see how its going only to find out that all the posts are about auntie gertruds cats had its ball cut off, and isn't eating its dinner anymore....see where im coming from?

I for one and Joan proberly is the same too, welcome any input on how we can better the events section, if you dont like the way somthings going tell us we'll be more than happy to have some ideas/input any thing you think might work, at the end of the day any veiws on how to better our little section will be taken on bored :D

Sorry for the overly long post, but thought i would post some views, many of you know how oppinionated i am :lol:

Social source share

sounds

main meat of Kens post was sounds

am lost why the criticism

the new sounds feature should offer the same features as before

and would say easier uploading etc than before

along with easier listening via the forum, one click instant play etc etc

now its intergrated with all of site and so clips should be easier to find, and the final version should make finding related info, links artist etc

the new format also allows site to offer a 7000+ clip libary that will be updated with the clips users post that satsifies all aspects of copyright isues imo and should build up to a usefull resource libary type thing

again have to say lost by the criticisim plus to be honest the lack of use this has attracted since opened

it does the same job as before but better, it offers more features and when final will offer a worthwhile free research resource

have to ask am I missing something here ?

Social source share

Mike with regards to the sounds section, is there a way of embedding the clips that are all ready in their? think there was a way befor how we could do that :D

Social source share

I for one miss posting and listerning to the sound files that we used to get posted, yes I know you can put a sound clip up but its not the full length version, most of my records i now own have come from soul source in one way or another after hearing them on hear or asking for an mp3

Please can we have the music back. :D

Social source share

have to ask am I missing something here ?

Is it the way I access the forum, clicking only 'posts since your last visit', because I don't even know what the new sounds policy is or the feature you are talking about Mike so I am just wondering if there are bits of the site that I am not actually seeing???

Social source share

Is it the way I access the forum, clicking only 'posts since your last visit', because I don't even know what the new sounds policy is or the feature you are talking about Mike so I am just wondering if there are bits of the site that I am not actually seeing???

may be that Pete

do try and post all site stuff in the site news bit

so anyone like yourself coming straight into the forum who may otherwise miss news and stuff like it can see

can understand why people give that bit a miss though, due to the title etc so maybe a re-think needed

info on it all is up in site news

mike

Social source share

I for one miss posting and listerning to thesorr sound files that we used to get posted, yes I know you can put a sound clip up but its not the full length version, most of my records i now own have come from soul source in one way or another after hearing them on hear or asking for an mp3

Please can we have the music back. :D

the clip up policy is the same as before

as long as its not high quality, available on offical release then there should be no problem

the clips in the refosoul library are clipped and uploads moved into there will be clipped by the system

bit rushed reply gotta shoot

mike

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

i am one of the people who are new to the site and as i ve stated in a thread i started know very little about records ,labels etc, :D

all i know is what i like, no idea wether its classed as northern,cross over ,modern , :lol: though do put a stop on R&B not my cup of tea

so for me reading threads on here is an education although i am unable to make comments on a lot of things i read i do glean things and can sometimes amaze my other half when i join in :lol: hes gob smacked really

it is an excellant resource for me so you never know one day i might excel mysef and know all about a label, issue etc etc that ll shut the men up in my house no doubt :lol:

Social source share

eh ken wyle your on here moaning their all on freebasing talking about your deformed genitals. kens old saggy sacky :shades:

Is this some kind deformed joke.no time for shit stirers like yourself........Ken

Social source share

Guest barnsey
Is this some kind deformed joke.no time for shit stirers like yourself........Ken
soul source getting boring no sence of homour
Social source share

soul source getting boring no sence of homour

If i understood what you where on about,i might have chukcled a bit.and you`re dead right,i have no sense homour :rolleyes:

Social source share

I've watched this topic with interest. And have these observations to make.

When you enter a forum such as this, it's akin to entering someone's house.

You abide by their rules. If you don't like it, don't enter.

I think this forum is admirably moderated. Just the right level. A benign dictatorship, as it should be. Believe me, I've been to some forums where moderation is desperately harsh, and this ain't anything like that.

Calls for the right to use foul language is laughable. We've got on without it for this long and I can't honestly see how the forum will be materially improved by allowing it. Puerile IMHO.

If the forum has become boring, it's because we as users make it boring. Use your imagination people. If you think topics are tedious, then start one that isn't.

I must admit I do find a lot of the topics are repetetive, but I just ignore them and view something that will interest me. With people joining all the time, this is to be expected.

Posts should be like gold. I think far too many people post for the sake of it.

There's not another site that caters to the capricious demands of the Rare Soul Scene as well as this one does.

Mike and the Moderators do an admirable job for no real reward other than the knowledge that by their sterling efforts they're helping to preserve the legacy of the most amazing musical form that's ever existed.

Now for a nice cup of tea and a scone...

Social source share

I've watched this topic with interest. And have these observations to make.

When you enter a forum such as this, it's akin to entering someone's house.

You abide by their rules. If you don't like it, don't enter.

I think this forum is admirably moderated. Just the right level. A benign dictatorship, as it should be. Believe me, I've been to some forums where moderation is desperately harsh, and this ain't anything like that.

Calls for the right to use foul language is laughable. We've got on without it for this long and I can't honestly see how the forum will be materially improved by allowing it. Puerile IMHO.

If the forum has become boring, it's because we as users make it boring. Use your imagination people. If you think topics are tedious, then start one that isn't.

I must admit I do find a lot of the topics are repetetive, but I just ignore them and view something that will interest me. With people joining all the time, this is to be expected.

Posts should be like gold. I think far too many people post for the sake of it.

There's not another site that caters to the capricious demands of the Rare Soul Scene as well as this one does.

Mike and the Moderators do an admirable job for no real reward other than the knowledge that by their sterling efforts they're helping to preserve the legacy of the most amazing musical form that's ever existed.

Now for a nice cup of tea and a scone...

Do as i say and not as i do,some nice language in freebasing............

Social source share