Marke Jackson__ Since Youve Been My Girl

Patto

Hi guys

I have recently been reunited with an old fave of mine after i bought myself a replacement copy of Marke Jackson_Ill never forget you,on Jamie.Now back in the day when i first owned this record i foolishly never played the flip side.

Then recently Martin Smith recommended the Since youve been my girl side and after playing it i couldnt believe i had missed it all these years.Even more incredible is the fact that there appears to be no you tube clips of the tune.

Has the Since side ever had any significant play action in the past,to my ears its a great slab of classic Northern equally as good as its well known classic top side.

post-8522-0-65839700-1429469587_thumb.jp

Edited by Patto
Social source share

Hi Patto,

Its not a side I remember being played out in the 70''s but remember first hearing it on a tape given to me by I think Rob Marriott mid 80's.

Only really remember it being played out regularly at the Hollingwood in Chesterfield 

Loved it ever since :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I know mate weird innit.

Ive spun it out a few times but not well known enough to get a reaction really. 100% northern IMHO so such a shame.

Might start giving it another go.....starting next Saturday

Edited by Guest
Social source share

"

i had a minty demo of this til last year.. used to play it in the house and even played it out a couple of times,,cant believe its not on you tube..never thought owt about it..surely must be copyright or summat

If the copyright is keeping it off, why is that same copyright not keeping "I'll Never Forget You" off, as the latter is much more in demand by NS fans, and has been on recent CDs?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

"

If the copyright is keeping it off, why is that same copyright not keeping "I'll Never Forget You" off, as the latter is much more in demand by NS fans, and has been on recent CDs?

Must be some reason robb It's neither rare or unknown.. as it's very good.. very rare for something like that not to be on youtoob Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

There you go Robbk. He's one of my favourites as well. Mods feel free to move or delete as per site guidelines.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrcfu28kjhhmtu3/7.%20Marke%20Jackson%20-%20Since%20you%27ve%20been%20my%20girl%20%28jamie%29.mp3?dl=0

Best, Dave

Thanks Dave.  Sebastian sent a file to me.  It's not my style.  Not up to Van's usual standard, but understandable, as he didn't write it himself.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!