Joe Dutton Aka Pikeys Dog Rip

Oh dear so saddened .

Joe Dutton ( a top top guy and always great fun and company to be with ) our thoughts go out to Becky and Joes family . 

RIP Joe Dutton 

Andy and Susanne 

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I feel sick and numb. The R&B scene can be a daunting place if you're a newbie but one man always made me feel welcome and always had time for a chat and to answer my questions about any records I'd heard and/or wanted. Joe Dutton, Sheffield's finest. R.I.P. I didn't know Joe well, only meeting him at dos, but he was the sort of bloke that lit a room up and that wasn't just because of his loud shirts. Totally shocking news and my condolences go to his family and all that knew him.

Edited by BigGordy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Always had time for Joe's posts...a valued member of this community and scene for sure. He will be missed, but certainly not forgotten.

RIP Joe

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Baby earl

Such a sad loss, top bloke with a passion for his music, always a friendly greeting. Rest in peace Joe. My sincerest condolences to Joes family.

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Just read the sad news concerning Joe always had a chat with him a Top Guy who will be missed.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends

Al H

Social source share

What a gentleman! He really was. 

I'd always look forward to the Hamburg weekender knowing I'd spend a good amount of time with 'Tiki Joe' and his great mates (him and Shane particularly, were like a double act).

There were always good-natured laughs and talking about records/trainers and everything else.... I'll miss his gentleness, wisdom and cheeky spirit. 

RIP Joe. 

My thoughts are with his family. 

Gary

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
Social source share

I've just read this on Facebook, totally shocked by this very sad news, Joe was a top man a true gentleman and loved his music with a passion, not seen him since a small record fair I ran in Hyde a couple of years back, huge loss to the scene, rest well mate.

Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

• If this is true then we're gutted. Big friends of Joe and Becky in the scene for 25 years plus. First met at the Travellers Rest Rotherham many many moons ago. Regulars at most niters I used to attend including in the R N B scene. Heard he was in hospital (not sure why) but was expected to be well again and discharged. Will be phoning around trying to get more info. 
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!