Joe Dutton Aka Pikeys Dog Rip

Just Gutted to lose someone so young and someone who lived life to the Max.

Joe was always life and soul of the party and the host with the most.

On our trips to Sheffield Joe was always game for having an afternoon session in the Fat Cat on the real Ale with Mace, Johnny Beggs and myself, and would laugh at the fact that we were 4 fat cats having a drink in The Fat Cat. Oh I will miss that so much.

God bless you and your Family and am sure there will be a pint waiting for you through the gates.

Rest in Peace mate.

Brav

Edited by Brav
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Oh my... :( .............................met joe  and becky when i started going to wilton and then in the r&b scene .....................great guy,great character, great collector......always had warm smile for those he liked......... last spoke about a year ago at lifeline......ANOTHER GREAT LOSS TO OUR SOULSCENE...ez

BRAD has asked me to add his name to the above and remembers  especially Joe from the great times we all shared  at places like  the hideway and  in the  middleton  r &b room.

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

I never met Joe personally, just knew him from on here. Very saddened to read the news. RIP Joe. The posts on here and Facebook speak volumes about his personality and character. My condolences to his family and friends. 

Social source share

Really gutted. Heard this morning and can't believe it. Such a top guy and I had a lot of time for him.

We were all sat in this dark and dirty pub at the last Hamburg, passing the time having a few beers until it was time to go to the airport. We had a proper laugh and it was the part of the weekend I remember the most. Can't believe we'll be a man down from now on.

Joe was one of the good guys and I'll miss him greatly.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Was sick in the stomach this morning finding out about how's passing.

Such a top bloke and a good friend. Only known Joe for the last 7yrs or so, via the Wilton and then various other soul events. But soon came apparent we shared similar passions, real ale being one as well as the obvious love for soul music.

His company and banter was always a treat, and as Rich Buckley mentioned, all our little gang of reprobates would look forward to the hamburg pilgrimage for countless laughs and endless skulduggery. Things won't be the same without him.

My thoughts are with Becky and joes family, and also his closest mates; smithy, Shane, Brett, mark, mace etc. such sad news.

RIP big fella, we'll miss you and your shirts!

Azza

X

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Cant belive this worked with joe at sheridans middleton crewe maxims niters ,were he ran our rnb rooms under the backbeat banner.Was a stand up guy who knew his stuff and always had time to talk and pass on his considerable knowledge.Our condolences to becky and family at this tragic time,we really have lost one of the good guys .Rip joe my friend.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

This socking news saddens me deeply.

Feelings go out to Becky & extended family.

Steve & Claire J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Terrible sad news about Joe.  Like many others have known him since his early days on the scene from various venues around South Yorkshire.  His sense of humour and wit putting a smile on the face of many over the years.  Taken far too young. My thoughts and condolences to Becky and Joe's family. R.I.P. Joe. 

Social source share

I thought this was a mistake when I saw it.  Dreadful news.  One of life's jokers but also a really knowledgable guy with a cutting wit.

There's little one can say to help but hopefully Becky takes some solice from the fact Joe will be missed by many and was taken far too young for anyone's liking.

Our thoughts are with Beck and all of Joe's family and close friends.

Ged and Margaret

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I am really sad to read Joe is no longer with us in the morning. He was a regular on our Weekenders during the last 4-5 years with his friends and we invited him to play a selction of his beloved sounds on the next one in october. Our condolences to his wife, family and friends. RIP big man!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Dreadful news!

Rest In Peace Joe, a real character on the scene and will be sorely missed. Thoughts out to his wife and family.

John & Alison

Social source share

Guest Countryboyken

Terrible and shocking news - R.I.P. big lad.

All our thoughts at this sad time are with Becky and Joe's family and close friends.

Bought lots of records from Joe and also been educated to many a fine tune from him over the years.

Thoughts and prayers to Becky and the family.

Steve and Caz (The Melton Mafia)

Social source share

• If this is true then we're gutted. Big friends of Joe and Becky in the scene for 25 years plus. First met at the Travellers Rest Rotherham many many moons ago. Regulars at most niters I used to attend including in the R N B scene. Heard he was in hospital (not sure why) but was expected to be well again and discharged. Will be phoning around trying to get more info. 

Unfortunately true. Had some great laughs down the years. Used to see Becky and Joe all over the place and we became the best of friends around 25 years ago. Joe and Becky never changed at all. Always the same. A true gent with a wicked sense of humour who never took life too seriously except for the most important things in life. Music. Beer..lol. RIP Joe Dutton. Honoured to be your friend.  Stuart & Cathryn.

Social source share

Guest dont wop

Such sad news about Joe, one of the best, a great friend will be sadly missed.  All our thoughts are with Becky and Joe's family. 

Kev and Hilary

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

Shocked by this news. Met Joe in the Middleton Back Beat room. An all round top fella indeed.

RIP Joe.

Edited by clanger v2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!