Joe Dutton Aka Pikeys Dog Rip

I only got to meet Joe in person for the first time at the last Hamburg Weekender, but it was immediately clear he was someone well respected amongst our soul fraternity. Only after talking with him did I connect who he was on here, and it all clicked. Its going to always be a large regret that we never got to have him over here in Copenhagen to spin discs at the Tiki bar I book, I know he would've been well pleased with a zombie in one hand, flipping a great R&B banger over with the other. Such incredibly sad news, hope there's an incredible selection of rum and real ale on the other side. Rest easy, Tiki Joe. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

really shocking news , a truly nice bloke , the amount of posts already just shows how much he was liked & will be missed rip joe

Social source share

One of the few people on here that I didn't know in the real world yet genuinely felt I had a connection with -  mainly because of his cracking attitude to life, music and everything. I'm so very sorry hear this news. The loss of Pikey's Dog significantly diminishes this site.

Please pass my condolences to Joe's family.

Paul (Godz)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Terrible and shocking news - R.I.P. big lad.

All our thoughts at this sad time are with Becky and Joe's family and close friends.

Bought lots of records from Joe and also been educated to many a fine tune from him over the years.

Thoughts and prayers to Becky and the family.

Steve and Caz (The Melton Mafia)

Tragic news, Joe was a lovely man and his tunes at Middleton were amongst those that introduced me to the RnB scene.

Heartbreaking.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Just thought I'd put this here for anyone who isn't on Facebook. A message from Shane:

The funeral date for Joe Dutton is Thursday 7th May

I will be back with the full details later. I can confirm there will be a wake for Joe at a venue in Sheffield afterwards.

Social source share

Just thought I'd put this here for anyone who isn't on Facebook. A message from Shane:

The funeral date for Joe Dutton is Thursday 7th May

I will be back with the full details later. I can confirm there will be a wake for Joe at a venue in Sheffield afterwards.

much appreciated Jamie

steve

Social source share

From Shane Higgins:

Full details below for the funeral of Joe Dutton
Thursday 7th May
Service
11.45am
Grenoside Crematorium (North Chapel)
5 Skew Hill Lane, Sheffield, S35 8RZ

Burial (for family and close friends only)
Wisewood Cemetery (Woodland Burial Ground)
Off Loxley Rd, Wisewood, Sheffield, S6 4TD

Wake
Shakespeares Pub (home of the King Bee events)
146-148 Gibraltar Street, Sheffield, S3 8UB

We will be organising a big send off for our mate. DJ friends of Joe have kindly accepted responsibility to play records in honour of him throughout the afternoon and evening.

If anyone needs any further help please get in touch with me on here.
I would appreciate if people could share this information to ensure everyone is informed.

Thanks
Shane

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Many fond memories of Joe, i remember when he first posted on here no one knew who Pikeys Dog was, He turned up at the Ducie Bridge Manchester for one the New Century warm up events about 10 years ago, let it out the bag, Top Guy, will be greatly missed.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The first few years I was on ebay (on dreaded dial-up, and when you could openly see other bidders IDs) I regularly lost 50% or so of my bids to 'Chubbychops' who I later found out to be Joe Dutton....

aha..i did it the other way round ,i  outbid joe on a very rare disc for not a lot of money......... next time we met he told me he was second bidder and gave  me a friendly bollocking for pipping him  ..but he was a canny lad at collecting for sure :yes: .......ez

Edited by ezzie brown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

aha..i did it the other way round ,i  outbid joe on a very rare disc for not a lot of money......... next time we met he told me he was second bidder and gave  me a friendly bollocking for pipping him  ..but he was a canny lad at collecting for sure :yes: .......ez

I only said 50% of the time mind..... :wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!