Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

simon t

Mark & Lard

Hilarious.  Used to love listening to Mark Radcliffe while playing Sensible Soccer with my mate 1994-96.

Liked their breakfast and afternoon shows too - Fat Harry White etc.  And I had the Shirehorses cd LOL

Bird or Bloke!, Rabbi Lionel Blair etc.. dead funny.

Just finished Mark's book 'Showbusiness', about all the crap bands he's been in. Side splitting (and, unfortunately rang a few bells with me too!).

Bird or Bloke!, Rabbi Lionel Blair etc.. dead funny.

I said to myself 'that's like life'

Just finished Mark's book 'Showbusiness', about all the crap bands he's been in. Side splitting (and, unfortunately rang a few bells with me too!).

That is one of the funniest books I have ever read

Edited by simon t

Hilarious.  Used to love listening to Mark Radcliffe while playing Sensible Soccer with my mate 1994-96.

Liked their breakfast and afternoon shows too - Fat Harry White etc.  And I had the Shirehorses cd LOL

Is it not great to be puerile? :lol:

Pete, I seem to remember their version of Eminem's 'Stan' - called 'Mark' - about a deranged fan of his radio show....and he 'rapped' it all in his manc accent!...brilliant.

Also, has anyone ever heard Vic Reeves version of Vienna? - unbelievable!

It was the only thing I ever used to listen to on radio 1. Unbelievably funny. Fat Harry White was inspired comedy and I used to love the Irish man who'd rather have a lorry. They were far too good for Radio 1 and when you ever had the misfortune to catch something like the Chris Moyles show, then you could see who really were the comedy masters and who were the pretenders. I always thought it was such a shame and a loss when they went their seperate radio ways instead of taking the show to it's natural home of Radio 2. Still, at least I never needed another excuse to listen to radio 1 and I never have since.

It was the only thing I ever used to listen to on radio 1. Unbelievably funny. Fat Harry White was inspired comedy and I used to love the Irish man who'd rather have a lorry. They were far too good for Radio 1 and when you ever had the misfortune to catch something like the Chris Moyles show, then you could see who really were the comedy masters and who were the pretenders. I always thought it was such a shame and a loss when they went their seperate radio ways instead of taking the show to it's natural home of Radio 2. Still, at least I never needed another excuse to listen to radio 1 and I never have since.

To paraphrase Mark and Lard, Chris Moyles should Stop and Mark and Lard should ........Carry On.

It was the only thing I ever used to listen to on radio 1. Unbelievably funny. Fat Harry White was inspired comedy and I used to love the Irish man who'd rather have a lorry.

Wasn't he always Mr O'something... Mr O'Dearyme, Mr O'Noyoudont etc.

'Eat The Peach'

I find it strange that they've both ended up on BBC Six Radio, but not together. I still listen to Mark Radcliffe in the afternoon whenever I can.

I work by Media City, ofter see MR in Booths while I'm getting me lunch.

Wanna go over an mither him about music, but then I think about it & can't be arsed, usually to bothered about what grub I'm gonna get, much more important.

Top dj though.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, I'm a Radio 4 person now, give me The Archers or the Shipping Forecast anyway of the week. :D

Edited by MrsWoodsrules

Figment or Pigment! :) Brilliant.....wasted on Radio 1 and yes Radio 4 for me now........

Oh and I played a game with my kids called Stop....carry on in their honour (basically let kids run shout STOP! they stop, then CARRY ON & they carry on....I think they would be proud :))

Edited by mellytee

Just listened to he first 8 mins nearly wet myself forgot how good they were . New comedians should take note. The Alison Moyet comment did it for me and the Gene Pitney sketch is L. ( legendary). Off to play some wee p's.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts