PhilT

Blur Blah Blah

Forgive me, I really don't mean to bring anyone down [man], especially on a Friday, but have just dropped the kids off and 'caught' Blur live on Radio Two via the Evans show.

Cut me some slack, I've been caught off guard and need to get it off my chest ...

My loathing for their overhyped, out of tune, mockney pretentiousness has resurfaced unexpectedly I'm afraid, in full. Still it knows no bounds.

Yep, you've penned a couple of good pop dittys in 25 years lads. (As opposed to inventing the Large Hadron Collider). Jog the feck on!

Mr I. Needtogetoutmore

South Ribble

Forgive me, I really don't mean to bring anyone down [man], especially on a Friday, but have just dropped the kids off and 'caught' Blur live on Radio Two via the Evans show.

Cut me some slack, I've been caught off guard and need to get it off my chest ...

My loathing for their overhyped, out of tune, mockney pretentiousness has resurfaced unexpectedly I'm afraid, in full. Still it knows no bounds.

Yep, you've penned a couple of good pop dittys in 25 years lads. (As opposed to inventing the Large Hadron Collider). Jog the feck on!

Mr I. Needtogetoutmore

South Ribble

Damon does live in a house,a very big house in the country, though.

Strongly agree.

Also made more irritating by C Evans over the top fawning and bottom kissing.

Regards.

Mr Iwanna Livein-Acave

(Wolverhampton)

He does that with everyone though doesn't he? I can't listen to his show. And his taste in music matches his taste in apparel. 

For over paid, zero talent, irritating t**t. Look no further than this cock.

I find Mayo's arrogance even more unbearable than Evan's sycophancy. There's nothing quite like a pompous arse who's complete lack of talent of any kind runs parallel to his own inability to see it. But wait, I'm forgetting Vine aren't I aka the world's most predictable devil's advocate. Aaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Just put records on!!!!!!!

Steve Wright still makes me chuckle most days (on those rare occasions I'm between jobs and not swearing at the radio)

I find Mayo's arrogance even more unbearable than Evan's sycophancy. There's nothing quite like a pompous arse who's complete lack of talent of any kind runs parallel to his own inability to see it. But wait, I'm forgetting Vine aren't I aka the world's most predictable devil's advocate. Aaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Just put records on!!!!!!!

Steve Wright still makes me chuckle most days (on those rare occasions I'm between jobs and not swearing at the radio)

Steve Wright never tells you what the records he plays are called though

Steve Wright never tells you what the records he plays are called though

and he's always got a studio full of over enthusiastic toadys. Shit 80's electro pop for the most part on his show as well. Naff.

Steve Wright makes me almost incoherent with rage when I hear that stupid, talentless w****r still being employed to broadcast on national radio.

Blur? They'e s**t

come on phil ' you should take the leap to the dark side.........radio 4 ......its painless....... :thumbsup:

My son who is 34 still adores Blur. Goes across country to see them every so often which I think is great. He like my daughter was brought up listening to NS plus other decent 60s and 70's music but I'm glad they've found their own tastes in music. Ade

I remember that ongoing hatred between them and oasis in the 90s! 

Hard to choose whi I disliked the most.

now then Jim

Our mam loves Oasis. Gladys Knight is her favourite though; nice touch (and she's convinced she's seen 'The Drifters', in Blackpool and Benidorm, several times  :facepalm:)  The tape of hers I once found which bore the legend 'Elvis Priestley' was my personal favourite from her collection:

"Mam, what's on this tape:

A. Elvis (Memphis's king of rock n roll and 20th century icon) Presley; 

B. Mexborough's finest 1980s darter, and perennial runner-up, Dennis 'The Menace' Priestley?"; or

C. The most mind-blowing of all 'mixes'?"

Bless her, she wasn't 100% ... "I'd have to listen to it" :lol: 

don't get me started . stopped listening to radio2 the day they set that ginga w*nker evans on at least wogan was mildly amusing , his janet and john stories nearly got me killed a couple of times while driving the van , had to stop because I was in hysterics , but hey ho am easily amused ,.

typical of todays BBC , evans feltz Clarkson wright and a whole host of others .all overpaid semi talented fookwits , its about time this public broadcasting service did away with the champagne lifestyle for all these tossers and had a maximum wage ceiling of say 75k including all those directors producers managers and board members ,

Blur were absolute crap last night on graham norton show, backing singers were useless , the rest of the band looked like they couldn't be arsed and Damon auburn sang so out of tune it was embarrassing, in fact probably one of the worst live performances I've heard in a long time, bet Noel Gallagher was pissing himself laughing at the telly, if he watched it of course.

Edited by garswood

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.