okehgaz

League Two.that Was Close

Now dust has settled and my team, Carlisle United, have preserved league status (just) for another season i have started to feel a little bit guilty. Glad its not us, of course, but i always find it sad when a team like Tranmere Rovers, with their long history in the league, drops into the conference. We did it a few seasons back now and were fortunate enough to get straight back but i don't imagine its that easy anymore and had we gone down i genuinely feared for the clubs future. All the best Tranmere for next season and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup: 

I must admit I was shocked to see Tranmere close to going out a little while ago, especially when the likes of Crawley seem to have established a place in the leagues, doesn't make a lot of sense, but then it's a funny old game

Yeh - Rovers aren't proper bin-dippers, fair's fair.

However, they were indeed perennial candidates for re-election prior to the good days of the nineties....and I mean EVERY YEAR (sod what the record books say). I'm horrified at the plight of Stockport County, the other 'friday night' league club (who also enjoyed gravity defying success in the nineties) - proper shameful situation they're in now...

God knows how this enormous country sustains a 92-club league/100-odd full time pro clubs - it's amazing. But we NEED it, we need all the fixture pileups/chaos, or the sodding national side will come good, and then where will we be?

inter club empathy is vomit-inducing I know, but all the best TRFC - they have to beat massive odds if they're to bounce back    

It took us (Newport County) 25 years to regain football league status, but I think we are nailed on for the drop this season, and am not looking forward to it one iota, because we don't do things by halves......we'll end up back in oblivion again I fear! .......we are in deep sh*t!

Edited by wilxy

Wilxy

I fear the same fate for Cheltenham Town, club is run by muppet's unfortunately

4 managers in one season and then surprised it didn't work out?

Wilxy

I fear the same fate for Cheltenham Town, club is run by muppet's unfortunately

4 managers in one season and then surprised it didn't work out?

TBH mate, I think Gary Johnson is the man to lead Cheltenham back to the league, and whilst the Cheltenham  board made several panic decisions last term,( re. managers), had the current incumbent been appointed earlier, maybe the drop could have been avoided....However it's a task I don't envy, with the competition for two places, and several very good sides that have been knocking on the FL door for a while, so it depends on the quality of his signings he's made. From a personal perspective, with regards to my "home town" team, I fear the worse.....we are currently in the process of a trust takeover (the trust couldn't run the trust successfully over the last couple of years, so how they'll run a football club beggars belief, after being gifted the majority shareholding by the retiring chairman). And whilst new manager Terry Butcher undoubtedly commands respect as a playing "legend" particularly in the Three Lions and Ipswich Town shirts, my own opinion of him as a manager remains to be "jury out".....Here's hoping...

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.