When Life Was Brill

Chalky

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Having lunch in New York I rang my brother in law in the UK to get the Brill Building address,as I thought it would be nice to see it.I didn't know where it was ,other than Broadway .

As he read out the address I realised I was about 100 yards away...I could see it through the window. A weird experience.

Couldn't gain access unfortunately.

Social source share

Having lunch in New York I rang my brother in law in the UK to get the Brill Building address,as I thought it would be nice to see it.I didn't know where it was ,other than Broadway .

As he read out the address I realised I was about 100 yards away...I could see it through the window. A weird experience.

Couldn't gain access unfortunately.

The Brill Building (1619 Broadway) is on 41st and Broadway, and 1650 Broadway is on 43rd and Broadway.  42nd and Broadway is Times' Square (is it not?). 

I've been to New York City once in my 68 years (other than having been in Kennedy and La Guardia Airports hundreds of times (but never leaving the transit building)). 

I know Freetown, Sierra Leone, Amman and Wadi Es Sir, Jordan, Luxor, Egypt, Marrakech, Tanger, Fez and Meknes, Morocco, Kharthoum and Gedaref, Sudan, and Monton in Eccles, Oldham, Salford and Clitheroe all infinitely better.

Social source share

I'd have been at 43rd and Broadway.

When told of the address, I looked out and there it was.!!

BTW anybody who wants more information, I recommend a great book " Always magic in the air....the bomp and brilliance of the Brill Building era"

Author ...Ken Emerson

Full of Brill Building stories, producers, writers etc.

Many Soul artists are mentioned.

Got my copy from amazon for about £3...great value and a great book!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!