Harry Starr A Possible Pseudonym Min For Jj Jackson?

Mal C

Just seen Harry Starr - Step Into My World/Another Time Another Place in the sales section, and immediately thought of J.J. Jackson - It Seems Like I've Been Here Before, how close are these songs really...

Now I'm spit balling here, but Harry Starr a possible pseudonym min for JJ Jackson?

Just a thought..

Mal

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

harry starr is harry of 'harry & keyaves if this is goodbye' and whilst there is a strong similarity to the jj jackson tune,i dont think its harry,harrys voice sounds more strained...in a good way that is.

oh and thanks for the heads up on my sales...hasnt sold yet though..haha

Social source share

Harry Starr is not a pseudonym for anyone.  He was married to one of the Spellbinders, Elouise Pennington I think.  Chris Lalor will confirm.  I did a cd of Harry's material which his grandson opened.  I tried to get some info out of Ella but she wouldn't talk about him, bit of a rum un by all accounts.  

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Harry Starr is not a pseudonym for anyone.  He was married to one of the Spellbinders, Elouise Pennington I think.  Chris Lalor will confirm.  I did a cd of Harry's material which his grandson opened.  I tried to get some info out of Ella but she wouldn't talk about him, bit of a rum un by all accounts.  

His real name was Pennington, yes he was married to Eller Weas Little, aka Elouise Pennington from the Spellbinders. "Another time, another place" was played at his funeral as per his instructions (before he died of course). Apparently he did put it about a bit.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!