• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest trickbag

B Frank Wilson Sweeter As The Days Go By Marc Gordon, Frank Wilson Hal Davis, Marc Gordon 7.0 Rate

Images

Comments

kittenchaser

28th Apr 2015

this page shows 3 versions of this,

the demo & similar looking issue are 1979 first press, flat black label

the small print one is 1982-83 second press, some are satin goldy finish black labels like pop hits of the era

the solid centre RCA one is 1984-85 third press, matt black label

beware overpaying for the later issues, the first one sold well if not enough to chart if naturally it's always wanted

harvestman

21st Oct 2013

It would have been fantastic if this record had the familiar 60's and early 70's style G&W demo labels! EMI had been told that the EMI group consisting of Parlophone, Tamla Motown and Columbia promotion/demo labels would change in 1973! No longer would the huge White "A" appear on the green background to the familiar and much missed demo record, although it did re-appear briefly in 1989.

The stereo mix of this recording is incredible if you have not yet heard it, I would have thought that EMI/Tamla Motown would have issued this rarity in it's stereo format in 1979.

jimboo

4th Jun 2013

The one I have uploaded has EMI 1A 1R stampers. EMI rimtext the same as the demo. Pity its not a demo.

dazzvinyl1961

27th Oct 2012

demo with pic sleeve is now fetching over £500

ricky.

post-22229-0-85499800-1430836685_thumb.j

Social source share

B Frank Wilson Sweeter As The Days Go By Marc Gordon, Frank Wilson Hal Davis, Marc Gordon 7.0 Rate

Images

Comments

kittenchaser

28th Apr 2015

this page shows 3 versions of this,

the demo & similar looking issue are 1979 first press, flat black label

the small print one is 1982-83 second press, some are satin goldy finish black labels like pop hits of the era

the solid centre RCA one is 1984-85 third press, matt black label

beware overpaying for the later issues, the first one sold well if not enough to chart if naturally it's always wanted

harvestman

21st Oct 2013

It would have been fantastic if this record had the familiar 60's and early 70's style G&W demo labels! EMI had been told that the EMI group consisting of Parlophone, Tamla Motown and Columbia promotion/demo labels would change in 1973! No longer would the huge White "A" appear on the green background to the familiar and much missed demo record, although it did re-appear briefly in 1989.

The stereo mix of this recording is incredible if you have not yet heard it, I would have thought that EMI/Tamla Motown would have issued this rarity in it's stereo format in 1979.

jimboo

4th Jun 2013

The one I have uploaded has EMI 1A 1R stampers. EMI rimtext the same as the demo. Pity its not a demo.

dazzvinyl1961

27th Oct 2012

demo with pic sleeve is now fetching over £500

ricky.

That pic sleeve is a mock up just in case anyone thought it was real

Social source share

Guest trickbag

Of course your right pete.but it is nice.

What you are looking at here is a beautiful hand made picture sleeve (Only) made for the all time classic Frank Wilson 1965 Northern Soul recording and shamefully only released in1979 in the UK "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)" TMG1170. This stunning piece of art has been made faithfully and true to the Garrod & Lofthouse EP original picture sleeves of the classic Sixties period. This has been made in proper card and has that famous "Laminated" front cover just like the Sixties originals and even the "Flipback" flaps on the rear. As you would all well know that in their heyday none of the regular UK Tamla Motown released 45s from the Sixties right up to the mid Seventies where never ever released with a picture sleeve only the EP's would get that privilege.

Please note that this is not a company item in anyway but an individual handcrafted item made lovingly by a collector for collectors. All sizes are true to the Garrod & Lofthouse Sixties spec so it can be used to house the 45 single no problem.......please note that there is no record included.

This Picture Sleeve (protector) is made from only using the best of materials - the fronts are printed on premium glossy photo card of 260gsm, which keeps the colours deep and rich, and is then laminated just like the sixties originals. The rears are once again top quality card which are slightly thicker then the original card used in the sixties.

This Picture Sleeve (protector) has the exact settings of the original Tamla Motown EP picture sleeves with all the same arranged text and some even with special images that the Sixties copies could have had. With the flipback all around the EMITEX logo and the label logo with the EMI address it's all there, along with the songwriters and producers names. Whether you have a company sleeve, you're an avid collector or a Northern Soul DJ out on the road this is a beautiful piece of art that would have people talking noticing and looking.

ricky.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

the british releases sound like they are not taken from original tapes  but probably from another record. they are atrocious in comparison. I had them all analysed when I got the studio tape cut to disc. sounds like it was recorded mono

Edited by turntableterra
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!