Kegsy

Beetroot Juice - Very Annoying

Just one of life's little observations.

How many times have you bought something from the deli, for a sandwich, and thought

it would be nice with some beetroot ?.

So you make the sandwich and then fish the jar of beetroot out of

the back of the cupboard/fridge.

Armed with a fork you then find out there's about 3 scratty little 1 Cm sq.

pieces left in the bottom of the jar.

Why doesn't anybody ever realise the bloody jar is sodding empty,

its because beetroot is invisible in beetroot juice.

Somebody needs to invent CLEAR beetroot juice ASAP IMHO.

Somebody needs to invent CLEAR beetroot juice ASAP IMHO.

It's only because you have a aversion to red things. Bet you would be happy if you could get Tory blue coloured beetroot juice.

Steve

Edited by Kegsy

I was hoping for an appraisal, as I hate beetroot, but I realise it should be good for me

The juice is really good for you - super food. It is also good for liver function - and boy do I need some help in that department! It takes some getting used to but I have 200 mls every tea time.

The juice is really good for you - super food. It is also good for liver function - and boy do I need some help in that department! It takes some getting used to but I have 200 mls every tea time.

If you grow any vegetables at home there's a beautiful sweet one called albina vereduna that is a great alternative to the evil tasting red ones, nice shredded in a salad

Please send left over beetroot slices ASAP, the sandwich is a bit wilted and sad looking

now, but I think its still got a pulse.

Edited by Kegsy

Kegsy - Branston make a lovely beetroot pickle. No messing about in the water just dip in and add to almost anything. The world is a great place after all .!!

Kegsy - Branston make a lovely beetroot pickle. No messing about in the water just dip in and add to almost anything. The world is a great place after all .!!

At last, a sensible post on what is a very serious issue.

Don't ever forget when you have eaten some like I once did. Went to the loo the next day and thought I was dying when I looked down.  :ohmy:

Then remembered I'd eaten beetroot. Phew!  :sweatingbullets:  :lol:

Which one?

Nice

:rolleyes:

Beet It - Michael Jackson. Come on Pete your usually quicker than that, having said that the Piccie didn't show. And for those who didn't get the other, my Wife included, Beetroot juice, Beetroot juice, Beetroot juice.  :lol: Michael Keaton film, come on folks I'm trying, yes very trying I know. :hatsoff2: 

Spot. :shades: 

Edited by spot

Beet It - Michael Jackson. Come on Pete your usually quicker than that, having said that the Piccie didn't show. And for those who didn't get the other, my Wife included, Beetroot juice, Beetroot juice, Beetroot juice.  :lol: Michael Keaton film, come on folks I'm trying, yes very trying I know. :hatsoff2: 

Spot. :shades: 

Doh! I'm still suffering from SS lag Spot - just weening my way back in gently.

:thumbup:

Guest sharmo 1

beetroots great. Sadly in the uk we tend to have it pickled which is a bit of a twat really. Get an uncooked beetroot and grate it then slowly fry and mix some fresh grated horse radish serve with new spuds and fried chicken in breadcrumbs it's great . Also baked like a spud is nice and boiled and mashed and used as a hot veg with your roast. By the way when you've boiled some beetroot sieve the liquid into a demijohn and had some yeast and a little lemon juice , add a fermentation lock and you've got a fantastic wine within the turning of 12 moons. nice to see nice back on the job also best regards Dixon of dock green.

Just been presented with a pint glass full of what looks like dirty pond water.  Apparently it's a pineapple, orange and spinach smoothie.  The wife recently bought a professional blender off Amazon, and while she's been knocking up some tasty soups, these smoothie things are a bit hit and miss.  To be honest, this one doesn't taste too bad.  It just looks like it should have a few taddies swimming about in it.  Might have to try adding some beetroot to one of her concoctions.

​NOOO! please don't empty remaining beetroot juice as i do enjoy drinking it , this is a note to my family and not an

attempt for you guys to send me your juice remnants ( foot note)   

extra foot note ; Please remember you have drank said juice ! as when you do come to pass water

it may cause distress .

Edited by Stevie T

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.