News: Ben E King Rip

Guest oldsoulgit

The Drifters made some fantastic music with Ben on lead, and made some fantastic music as a solo artist.

A true legend of soul music.

RIP Ben. 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Best Live Act Ever, my fave Benny track "Ecstacy" From 1962. Gracias MrKing for all the pleasure your music will continue to bring me !

Social source share

Was in the Stefan Dee's Soul Lodge on Sunday chillin' and listening to local soul singer Cy Benson, spotted me singing (????) along to his current rendition and invited me up to join him on stage, yep, you've guessed it..........................Ben E Kings  " Stand By Me" ............................ then his sad demise, gone, but for me certainly not forgotten. 

Social source share

not many of the atlantic greats of soul left.....aretha,,,carla thomas ,,,very few

saw ben twice,,,,once in the 80s at chris kings nightlclub in nuneaton when he and johnny moore were on same gig....30 turned up..he was brillaint

saw him last year in brum ,,

RIP Ben you left us with some great records to listen to for ever

Social source share

not many of the atlantic greats of soul left.....aretha,,,carla thomas ,,,very few

saw ben twice,,,,once in the 80s at chris kings nightlclub in nuneaton when he and johnny moore were on same gig....30 turned up..he was brillaint

saw him last year in brum ,,

RIP Ben you left us with some great records to listen to for ever

Social source share

Guest Daryl Slinn

Had the pleasure of meeting B.E. king 43 years ago when he was performing with his Band at the empress Ballroom Wigan I let him and his. Band in the club and I let them out  He was Magic that night one of the best live acts I can remember  his band had a brass section ,horns and string section he was still in his prime.I exchanged some small talk with him after the show telling him how much his Music was loved.He was a gentleman no ego you could tell He just Loved doing  what he did A true Soul man what made truly genuine Soul Music.I feel Blessed to have met him.

GOD BLESS YOU BEN E KING and RIP

Mick Lyons

Spot on, every bone in his body was a loving one. Had time for everyone no matter what his schedule was or how late he was running. A legend that will be sadly missed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!