John & The Wierdest Help Please

As far as I am aware (not telling but enquiring) are the first boots exact copies, but when held up to the light the vinyl is grey and transparent), whereas the later boots have smaller text.

ATB Bob

. Brownish vinyl ?
Social source share

As far as I am aware (not telling but enquiring) are the first boots exact copies, but when held up to the light the vinyl is grey and transparent), whereas the later boots have smaller text.

ATB Bob

. Brownish vinyl ?
Social source share

Guest Gogs

The first boot which was very good boot, only half dozen had the date stamp, a mate did them.  There is a later look a like too.

Seen a lot more than half a dozen boots with the date stamp on, did the later boot also put the date stamp on?

Social source share

ATB Bob[/quote

Exactly right mate .I used to have one of these boots and if you hold it up to a light bulb you can see the light through the vinyl clearly and it takes on a brownish tone.These are all known well documented facts and im sure its been well covered on previous threads

Edited by Patto
Social source share

Those first boots have fetched daft money in recent years haven't they?

No Time one of the best records ive ever heard. Could do with being a bit longer though 

Far better than the "Can`t" side and as atmospheric as it gets!

Social source share

Spot on Kev, see through brown vinyl for the first boot.

Original has the brown vinyl Chalks!....there were quite a few who paid top dollar at the time as the boots were perfect facsimiles.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Original has the brown vinyl Chalks!....there were quite a few who paid top dollar at the time as the boots were perfect facsimiles.

I thought the original was solid black?  The boot I had late 80's/early 90's was brown see through with the date stamp.  I know the dealer who paid top dollar and who sold them to him lol, he gave him the money back though :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have it in my head that the original was brown vinyl but after 40 odd (sometimes very odd  :rofl: ) years you may be right  :thumbsup:

Social source share

The first boot is black vinyl but when held to the light it becomes a reddy brown colour.

The second one has a different typeface and is datestamped and I think is still being reproduced now.

On the first boot you can hear where the original dubbing starts.

Social source share

Here's my original.  I think I got it from John Hillyard in 1969 or 1970.  It has Delta numbers 68365 and 68366, which reflect the last week of September 1967, with Nov 17, 1967 (1 and a half months later) stamped on the label (date of distribution?):

JohnampWierdest_zpsjoz4qkkx.jpg

It has black plastic.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

YES!! Apparently the one in question has Spyder Turner on the label. I wonder if this is the original one then. He says it is definitely metal too.

the original one was played and covered up by richard searling on the original tie label , your mates got one of the many emi discs that were floating about

Edited by trev thomas
Social source share

I thought the original was solid black?  The boot I had late 80's/early 90's was brown see through with the date stamp.  I know the dealer who paid top dollar and who sold them to him lol, he gave him the money back though :)

they are chalky, check my copy with s sam,solid black,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

YES!! Apparently the one in question has Spyder Turner on the label. I wonder if this is the original one then. He says it is definitely metal too.

And it probably says made in england on it as well. It wouldn't say Spyder Turner on it if original studio acetate either.  If you'd given the full info to begin with you'd have your answer straight away.  As Trev said it is a boot/emidisc someone has had knocked up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!