Sisters Love On Jm Auction

See JM has another copy of Sisters Love "Learning toTrust My Man" on auction. He sold none last Oct for £133,( pictured below) I sold mine 3 weeks ago for £41 in the same nick.

Wonder how much this one will fetch!

post-2354-0-97133000-1430652148_thumb.pn

Social source share

The John Manship Auction page in post #1 is an ISSUE for £133 :ohmy:

That's just crazy , its a less than £10 record unless something has suddenly changed .

It is a great tune though that always gets them dancing  :)

Social source share

I think some people see a record in an auction and automatically think it must be hard to get if the said dealer has put it in an auction. Its not helped by dealers putting records that aren't that hard to get, into auctions instead of set sale, but of course we all know that by doing so potentially increases prices and therefore profit.

Dealers also know what records they get asked for regularly, so if they get hold of a not so rare, but popular record then chances are it will go into an auction as there will be a chance of a couple of people battling it out and therefore pushing the price up.

Also since the rise of ebay people have got used to auctions so more people see it as normal, which adds to the equation.

I get put off buying some records if they go into auction as I can't be bothered, of course it can work the other way and you grab a bargain, but most times it doesn't seem that way to me, at least not anymore.

You may be able to tell that I prefer a record for sale at a set price and then I can make a decision whether to buy or not (so long as someone else hasn't beat me to it). Sometimes change isn't always for the better.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's just crazy , its a less than £10 record unless something has suddenly changed .

It is a great tune though that always gets them dancing  :)

This has never been that easy to find in 1974/5 even before it got Mecca plays people were asking £5 for this on a demo

Social source share

See JM has another copy of Sisters Love "Learning toTrust My Man" on auction. He sold none last Oct for £133,( pictured below) I sold mine 3 weeks ago for £41 in the same nick. Wonder how much this one will fetch!

Never, ever rated this tune, much overrated, worth about a fiver................

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!