Ian Levine's Soul Packs ?

Guest Dave Ward

Guest Dave Ward

Noticed that Ian is selling stuff again, The price seems high, for essentially a 'lucky bag' - Opinions ?

Social source share

Surely people are allowed to ask for information about things for sale before parting with money , people often mention john manships auctions but he doesnt post on here anymore

Exactly. Isn't that the purpose of a forum; to discuss topics based around a specific them. If we just spoke about topics administered on this site it'd just be a news website with a 'comments' section (a slow news website at that)...and god help those in the...dare I say it...'Freebasing section'.

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Talking of Soul Packs; Remember one Pete Waterman back in the early 70s hit on the idea of buying in cheapo packs ;splitting them open,spreading them out on a massive table in his shop "SoulHole" in Coventry;50p Each!   He s since had 15 No 1 Hits, sold 500,Million singles Worldwide and is worth an estimated £60,000000.

Social source share

Exactly. Isn't that the purpose of a forum; to discuss topics based around a specific them. If we just spoke about topics administered on this site it'd just be a news website with a 'comments' section (a slow news website at that)...and god help those in the...dare I say it...'Freebasing section'.

Sure, that's the purpose of a forum. But as soon as the name Ian Levine is mentioned folks seem to forget it. It would take only one post to turn this into another anti-IL bashing. And there's no need for that.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sure, that's the purpose of a forum. But as soon as the name Ian Levine is mentioned folks seem to forget it. It would take only one post to turn this into another anti-IL bashing. And there's no need for that.

While I agree that people shouldn't use this site to make digs at others (yet they do and always will), you can't pre-empt or police it - if anything that provokes it. Plus the question of price/quality is always up for discussion. And I see your point about him not being here now - in the sense that he can't defend himself? 

Its a very befitting topic for this site (cue Mike's thread deleted/moved comment).

I'm sure the good people of this site can bite their tongue and keep the discussion grounded in the music and whats on offer and less about who is doing the offering. 

We shall see...  :rolleyes:

Social source share

It certainly does..................

Social source share

Does he not know what he is selling?  Are you really going to find a rare record in the lot?

Has anyone bought a lot?  I believe it is a 500 record min.

Edited by LLM
Social source share

Does he not know what he is selling?  Are you really going to find a rare record in the lot?

Has anyone bought a lot?  I believe it is a 500 record min.

I was just going to say that I would never buy a large job lot without knowing what was there, until I realised about 5 hours ago I bought 300 reggae 45's not knowing what was there  :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I can't say I haven't been tempted. A quid each, all soul, R&B, Gospel, funk etc... (no pop or country), between 500 and 2,000 he says. He names several respectable people as recent buyers. Surely there would be something in there, not necessarily for resale but to fill holes in a collection?

Even the enjoyment of a Sunday afternoon sorting through them and playing them might be worth a small punt. :)

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Bobby Peterson Quintet Smooth sailing part 2   V-tone

Bobby Peterson Quintet Mama get your hammer One Day   V-tone

Earl Gaines If you want what I got Hymn no 5 Seventy Seven

Earnest Jackson Love and Happiness Hogwash   Stone

Effie Smith Harper valley pta gossip The Natural Eee Cee

Geater Davis Wrapped up in you For your Precious love House of Orange

Gil Hayden Think before you say So left alone V-tone

Gloria Lynne A long long story I wish you love Hifi

Herb Lane You're my last girl At the hop Vigor

J kelly and the premiers She calls me baby Signed sealed delivered my heart Roadshow

Jimmy Witherspoon You can make it  I gotta go home Trio

Joe Newman Sextet Feathers nest Slats   Pacific Jazz

Linda Jones Body fever let's go party Inst   Spirit

Little Charles and the sidewinders Nobody knows You're blessing Red Sands

Little Richard Where will I find In the middle of the night Greene Mountain

Peter Brown  Crank it up part 2   Drive

Raydio   More than one way to love a woman Hot Stuff   Arista

Ron Banks and the Dramatics Highway to heaven I made myself lonely Volt

The Final Seconds Society   Lost on a highway BooKoo

Thomas East That’s why I cant stop Bad Thing   Toddlin Town

Tommy Tate This train   On the real side Juana

Tony Clarke The story of woman love   chess

William DeVaughn Hold on   Figures cant calculate TEC

XYZ   Too much powder in the keg You got to answer for yourself Grassroots

Lintons   Lost Love   Don’t ever walk away Erica

Latimore   Let me live the life I love It aint where you've been Glades

Mccrarys   Looking Ahead You got to answer for yourself Portrait

Latimore   Keep the home fires burning That’s how it is Glades

Dynamics   voyage through the mind Let me be your friend Black Gold

Tamiko Jones ooh ooh baby boy you're growing on me Atlantis

Jimmy Bo Horne You get me hot Close to me Sunshine Sound

Sylvers   Forever Yours Diamonds are rare Casablanca

Ingram   Get your stuff off Stylin' profilin' H&L

Little Johnny Taylor Open house at my house part 2   Ronn

Clarence Carter you cant miss what you cant measure the feeling is right Atlantic

Jackie Moore  sweet charlie babe if   Atlantic

Barbara Mason bed and bored yes its you buddah

Betty Wright secretary   value your love alston

The Meadows Brothers I've tried it all body power kayvette

frederick ii groovin out on life gwendolyn vulture

The flirtations you pulled a fast one my way or the highway racetrack

south shore commission were on the right track I'd rather switch than fight wand

johnnie mae matthews come on back its good   northern

brick   ain't gonna hurt nobody honey chile bang

anita ward don’t drop my love spoiled by your love juana

videeo   move it   thang gimme some of that  

syl johnson stand by me main squeeze hi

dorothy moore just the one I've been looking for cry like a baby gsf

gangsters   strung out on the boogie shake your body heat

gregg diamond hot ding back doing that fancy dancer marlin

ernie johnson mouth to mouth resusitation you're gonna miss me ronn

7th wonder all I want   do it with your body parachute

war   all day music summer   United Artists

war   gypsy man deliver the word United Artists

ida mae davis and the salem travellers don’t worry about jesus that’s a mountain ha-lo

king floyd   I really love you body english chimneyville

mason dixon acapulco gold the bigger they are buttercup

hamilton bohannon happy feeling dance your ass off dakar

sherry fox   lets go back just another night stardisc

rose royce ooh boy   you cant please everybody whitfield

the intruders win place or show she's a winner memories are here to stay gamble

tyrone davis I cant bump so good to be home with you dakar

karen young hot shot   long version westend

gloria gaynor lets make a deal lets make love polydor

chuck jackson if you were my woman instrumental all platinium

eddie kendricks one tear   the thin man tamla

dionne warwick love power In a world such as this Arista

clarence carter  love aint here no more dear abby   abc

joe thomas talk to me chitlins and cuchifritos today

aretha franklin share your love with me pledging my love atlantic

ray charles if you were mine till I cant take it anymore abc

hank ballard freak your boom boom part 2   lejoint

the controllers heaven is only one step away sho nuff a blessing juana

the 8th day she's not just another woman I cant fool myself invictus

the impressions choice of colourmighty mighty   curtom

the harmonizing four its real   one god   checker

ready for the world here I am   same   mca

the variations put the music on funk park 2   

lee shot williams me & my woman country disco roots

starpoint   let go   don’t be so serious boardwalk

the dells   learning to love you bring back the love of yesterday cadet

klymaxx   I betcha   lock and key constellation first class   me and my gemini sing  all platinium

stacy lattisaw I don’t have the heart same   motown

kick   electro girl instrumental jomar

the temptations girls they like it I wonder who's shes seeing now motown

bb king   so excited confessing the blues bluesway

delfonics   walk right up to the sun round and round philly groove

retta young my man is on his way really really all platinium

lenny welch congratulations baby ebb tide   cadence

al green   belle   chariots of fire hi

george mccrae I aint lying you got to know tk

Sylvers   boogie fever free style   capitol

mighty fire benny's   country freekin zephyr

betty everett your loving arms happy I long to be

dorothy moore 123 you and me let the music play malaco

baby washington and don gardner baby let me get close I just want to be near you master five

tommie young everybodys got a little devil in their soul do you feel the same way soul power

solaris   you and me a case of the boogie dana

sylvia   pillow talk my thing   vibration

tyrone davis  are you serious overdue   highrise

gene ammons swinging the jug part 2   ra bra

sylvia   taxi   l a sunshine vibration

This is a guide of about 100 of the records i got in the soul pack , this is just ones i have so far added to the database , still a lot of others to go on it

few others

rock gazers wet weekend - pilgrim

rance allen group gonna make it alright

johnny dean call on me - magic 007 records

tapestry big fool - amjo

summits it takes two

enchantment sunny shine feeling

full speed put em on the right track

a few golden world and wingate and curtom were also in the pack

Edited by davidwapples
Social source share

The above list is just about 20% of what i got that i have so far listed , i was happy on the whole with the records i got as i like most styles of the music.

remember it is a mixed genre pack , you wont get all northern floor fillers but a range of different styles.

A good deal if you have the time and patience to sort through them and take out what you want , if the average record you like is worth about £4 on ebay and then there is £2 postage on there you only need about 90 sides you like from the 1000 to make it worth it

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

The above list is just about 20% of what i got that i have so far listed , i was happy on the whole with the records i got as i like most styles of the music.

remember it is a mixed genre pack , you wont get all northern floor fillers but a range of different styles.

A good deal if you have the time and patience to sort through them and take out what you want , if the average record you like is worth about £4 on ebay and then there is £2 postage on there you only need about 90 sides you like from the 1000 to make it worth it

Did you get any repeats David, or were they all different?

Social source share

How many of those are worth £4?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

How many of those are worth £4?

the toddlin town , glades , curtom , wingate , golden world stuff

full speed  just sold on ebay for £50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-SPEED-IT-MUST-BE-LOVE-PUT-EM-ON-THE-RIGHT-TRACK-NEAR-MINT-ORIGINAL-/171741758139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fc9b42bb

tommy tate £10

tapestry £10

clarance carter£ 8

summits £8

There is a lot more beside what i listed above

Social source share

I did also wonder about these soul packs but 500 is too many for me, more for the cost. What about Tim Browns? Anybody had any from him as he does much smaller packs doesn't he. I'm sure I saw 100 packs. Anyone bought any?

Mike

Social source share

I bought one a few years ago - about 300 records. Easily made my money back flogging bits. Think I got about 10 copies of solaris - you and me and many more £10 tunes and a couple of £50 tunes.

It's a gamble and I know that a few people had some major issues when dealing with him.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

funnily enough ive just come across a second hand shop in notts with most of those listed there in boxes - roughly 1000 in total at 25p each, wonder if this is one of IL's packs or come from the same source as IL's, the latter i would guess, also it seems that tim brown has similiar packs, the same records roughly appearing. simon hunt also has many of the same, and i have from previous wholesale deal. not detroit, artistic licence etc.

please dont knock levine he is instrumental in the creation of your and my scene, i know he's a little highly strung but in depth has taste up there with the best

Social source share

funnily enough ive just come across a second hand shop in notts with most of those listed there in boxes - roughly 1000 in total at 25p each, wonder if this is one of IL's packs or come from the same source as IL's, the latter i would guess, also it seems that tim brown has similiar packs, the same records roughly appearing. simon hunt also has many of the same, and i have from previous wholesale deal. not detroit, artistic licence etc.

please dont knock levine he is instrumental in the creation of your and my scene, i know he's a little highly strung but in depth has taste up there with the best

Ian buys directly from the USA.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

still i find it a coincidence that maybe ghoes far behond that, unless the said shop bought them from ian, theres so many the same!!!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I've had a couple of soul packs off Ian in the past. Both great value. As he always says, they're not all Northern Soul classics but on both occaisions there have been a good scattering of them with lots of 60's and 70's stuff Ive never seen anywhere.

The new batch he's got in from Detroit, 10,000 records is going to be even better.

As soon as I can scrape together the money I will be getting more from Ian. Of course there's going to be some duff ones, but taking into consideration the bargain price and the great ones that'll be in there it's well worth it if you can afford it.

Oh and by the way he has said that there's another huge shipment on it's way, also from Detroit.

If you want it, go for it. If you don't -well - your loss, our gain.

Social source share

Talking of Soul Packs; Remember one Pete Waterman back in the early 70s hit on the idea of buying in cheapo packs ;splitting them open,spreading them out on a massive table in his shop "SoulHole" in Coventry;50p Each!   He s since had 15 No 1 Hits, sold 500,Million singles Worldwide and is worth an estimated £60,000000.

I don't think there was room in the soul hole for a 'massive table'

Social source share

I've had two soul packs off Ian both have been fantastic. His description on Facebook is spot on it is a very good cross section of soul styles and they quality ranges from good to mint but all I have had have been playable and those that came out looking rough were easily cleaned. There were one or two in the first pack that I already had or didn't like but it was a small percentage and it is a punt. BUT a punt at a quid a record that if necessary can be sold on later even at a car boot for a pound you ain't lost. I was sceptical at first as it is a large amount of money to shell out but my worries WERE unfounded and I got some brilliant records.

Social source share

Ian stuff comes from a dealer in Detroit, I know that for a fact, I shipped them for him.

Social source share

When you bought some what were they like ?

No Chris I haven't bought any, but why would I , if his podcasts are anything to go by, pressumably the cream of his collection, ?why would I waste my money buyings his cast offs !

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

No Chris I haven't bought any, but why would I , if his podcasts are anything to go by, pressumably the cream of his collection, ?why would I waste my money buyings his cast offs !

Dave

So really what you're saying you haven't got a clue, fair enough................ 

Social source share

So really what you're saying you haven't got a clue, fair enough................ 

That's a matter of opinion, personally I buy the records I like and not what I'm told I should like, but if your personal opinion of me is that I haven't "got a clue" the so be it.

Dave

Social source share

I've got mixed feelings about soul packs generally.....on one hand I like to pick, search and buy what I like...on the other hand what a great Sunday afternoon, listening to un-known records while enjoying a couple of bottles of red!......do what's right for you  at the end of the day, interesting thread, thank you....Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Mark D

All sorts in mine.....

100 Proof Aged In Soul    Somebody's Been Sleeping    Hot Wax    HS 7004    I've Come To Save You
3rd World band    Let's Boogie At The Disco    Abraxas    1701    Disco Hop
5th Dimension    I Just Wanna Be You're Friend    Bell    45,170    Together Let's Find Love
5th Dimension    Feelin' Alright    Bell    940    One Less Bell To Answer
5th Dimension    Last Night I Didn't Get To Sleep At All    Bell    195    The River Witch
5th Dimension    Blowing Away    Soul City    780    Skinny Man
5th Dimension    A Love Like Ours    Bell    880    Puppet Man
5th Dimension    A Love Like Ours    Bell    45134    Never My Love
5th Dimension    The Singer    Bell    965    Love's Lines, Angels & Rhymes
5th Dimension    Everything's Been Changed    Bell    45338    There Never Was A Day
5th Dimension    Tomorrow Belongs to the Children    Bell    261    If I Could Reach You
5th Dimension    Bobby's Blues    Soul City    768    Sweet Blindness
5th Dimension    Viva (Viva Tirado)    Bell    999    Light Sings
A Taste of Honey    I Love You    Capitol    4744    Do It Good
Ahmad Jamal    Music. Music, Music    Chess Blue Chip    9016    Poinciana
Al Green    Look What You Done For Me    Hi    2211    La La For You
Al Green    Feels Like Summer    Hi    78511    I Feel Good
Al Green     Belle    Hi    77505    Chariots of Fire
Al Greene    You Ought To Be With Me    Hi    2227    What Is This Feeling
Al Kent    You've Got To Pay The Price    Ric Tic    RT127    Where Do I Go From Here
Al Kent    You've Got To Pay The Price    Ric Tic    RT127    Where Do I Go From Here
Al Wilson    Show and Tell    Bell (Canada)    30073    Liston To Me
Al Wilson    La La Peace Song    Rocky Road    30200    Keep On Loving You
Alber King    The Very Thought Of You    Tomato    10009    I Get Evil
Albert King     Born Under A Bad Sign    Tomato    10012    I Got The Blues
Ami Stewart    Am I Losing You    Ariola    7753    Light My Fire
Andrae Crouch    Please Come back    Light    661    It's Gonna Rain
Andrae Crouch & The Disciples    Revive Us Again    Light    LS 637    Power In The Blood
Andrea True Connection    Keep It Up Longer    Buddah    564    NY You Got Me Dancing
Anita Ward    If I Could Feel That Old Feelin Again    Juana    3422    Ring My Bell
Anita Ward    Ring My Bell    Juana    3422    If I Could Feel That Old Feeling
Ann Peebles    If You've Got The Time    Hi    79528    Let Your Love Light Shine
Ann Peebles    I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love    Hi    80533    Heartaches
Annie Laurie    Time Out For Tears    Ritz    17001    Trouble in Mind
Aretha Franklin    Master of Eyes    Atlantic    2941    Moody's Mood For Love
Aretha Franklin    Master of Eyes    Atlantic    OS13166    Angel
Aretha Franklin    April Fools    Atlantic    2883    All The King's Horses
Aretha Franklin    You're All I Need To Get By    Atlantic    2787    Pullin
Aretha Franklin    Brand New Me    Atlantic    2796    Bridge Over Troubled Water
Aretha Franklin    Sing It Again Say It Again    Atlantic    3249    With Everything I Feel In Me
Aretha Franklin    Sare Your Love With Me    Atlantic    2650    Pledging My Love - The Clock
Arthur Prysock    You Can Do It    Old Town    DT1002    You Can Do It Pt2
Artie White    Nothing Takes The Place Of You    Ichiban    87-127    Same
Artie White    A Love Like Yours    Altee    112    Rough Enough
Ashford & Simpson    Babies    Capitol    5468    Street Corner
Audrey Wheeler    Irresistible    Capitol    44069    Same
B.B. King    The Seven Minutes    ABC    11310    Ghetto Woman
B.B. King    Hummingbird    Goldies 45    1453    Chains & Things
B.T. Express    Express    Roadshow    7001    Same
Barbara Mason     Yes It's You    Buddah    BDA296    Bed & Board
Barry White    Change    Unlimited Gold    2956    I Like You, You Like Me
Betty Everett    Happy I Long To Be    C.J.    619    Your Loving Arms
Betty Wilcox Ray Lynn White    I Didn't Make My Move Too Soon    Darby    515    Part 2
Betty Wright    My Love Is    Alston    3747    I Believe It's Love
Betty Wright    Baby Sitter    Alston    4614    Outside Woman
Betty Wright    Secretary    Alston    4622    Value Your Love
Betty Wright    Lovin' Is Really My Game    Alston    3745    A Song For You
Betty Wright    If I Ever Do Wrong    Alston    3722    Rock On Baby Rock On
Big Walter    Walkin Down Life's Hiway    Saba    921b45    What Fool Is That Knocking
Bill Withers    Ruby Lee    Sussex    629    Heartbreak Road
Bill Withers    Use Me    Sussex    241    Let Me In Your Life
Bill Withers    Make A Smile For Me    Sussex    513    The Same Love That Made Me Laugh
Billy Paul    We All Got A Mission    Philadelphia International    ZS8 3621    Let Em In
Billy Preston    Nothin From Nothing    A&M    1544    My Soul Is A Witness
Billy Preston    That's The Way God Planned It    Apple    1808    What About You
Billy Preston & Syreeta    Just For You    Motown    1522    Same
Bishop John Ware    View Tha Holy City    Prosperity International    2001    I'm Too Close
Black Ivory    Find The One Who Loves You    Today    1520    Spinning Around
Black Ivory    Time Is Love    Today    516    Got To Be There
Blackbyrds    Lonliness For Your Love    Fantasy    914    Dancin' Dancin'
Blues Boy Willie    Where Is Leroy    Ichiban    91-244    Be Who - Two
Bo Kirkland    Grandfather Clock    Claridge    409    Sure Got A Thing For You
Bob Wilson & The San Remo Quartet    All Turned On    Ric TIc    RT104    Hungry For Love
Bobby Caldwell    Love won't Wait    Clouds    11    What You Won't Do For Love
Bobby Hutcherson    Oat Meal    Pacific jazz    316    One More Hamock Please
Bobby Marchan    Love Is So Good    Mass    16699    Pt 2
Bobby Montez Orchestra    Guajira Josephina    Pacific Jazz    325    Tremendo Cha Cha
Bobby Peterson Quintet    Smooth Sailing    V-Tone    226    Pt 2
Bobby Peterson Quintet    Mama Get Your Hammer    V-Tone    221    One Day
Bobby Womack    (If You Don't Want My Love) Give It Back    United Artists    50902    Woman's Gotta Have It
Brenda & The Tabulations    Always & Forever    Top and Bottom    407    Right on the Tip of MY Tongue
Brick    Dusic    Bang    734    Happy
Brick    Life Is What You Make It    Bang    4802    Raise Yor Hands
Brinkley & Parker    Pander Man    Darne    1111    Don't Get Fooled By the Pnder Man
Brook Benton    Weekend With Feathers    All Platinum    2364    Can't Take My Eyes Of You
Brook Benton    Better Times    Olde World    1100    Maing Love Is Good For You
Brother to Brother    Chance With You    Turbo    48    Joni
Brother To Brother    Let Your Mind Be Free    Turbo    TU045    Same
Brother To Brother    Phattenin    Turbo    49    Leavin' Me
Brothers Johnson    The Real Thing    A&M    2343    Same
Brown Sugar    Bye Bye Baby    Demand    2    Sweet Symphony
Bruce Michael Biro    Long, Long Year    Northfield    1158    An Afternoon's Thoughts
Bunny Sigler    Love Train    Philadelphia International    3545    Pt 2
Bunny Sigler    Let Me Party With You    Gold Mind    4008    Part 2
C.P. Spencer    This Man Needs You    West World (LEVINE)    7001    Youre So Fantastic
Capricorn    Capricorn    Emergency    4506    Instrumental
Carlton Moore    Soul Jamaica    Tobin    KX 338    Wedding Day
Carmen McRae    I'll Never Pass This Way Again    Temponic    101    Bobby
Cecil Parker    You Were There    Tec    769    Love Is
Charles Whitehead    Between The Lines    Stone Dogg    702    Predicament #3
Charles Wright    Well I'm Doing What Cums Naturally    Dunhill    4364    Part 2
Charlie Calello    Mystery Movie Theme    Ariola    7626    Same
Cheri    Murphy's Law    Venture    949    Instrumental
Cheryl Lynn    I've Got Faith In You    CBS    8334    Feel It
Cheryl Pepsii Riley    Child    Columbia    7996    Thans For My Child
Chicago Piano C Red    Miss Annie Lou    Dawns    D101    1 Minute After Midnight
Chiffons    A Love So Fine    Laurie    3195    Only My Friend
Chi-Lites    Living In The Footsteps of Another Man    Brunswick    BRC 55489    We Need Order
Chi-Lites    What Do I Wish For    Brunswick    C-1027    We Are Neighbours
Chi-lites    Troubles a Comin'    Brunswick    1026    Give More Power To The People
Chi-Lites    Bad Motor Scooter    LARC    81023    I Just Wanna Hold You
Chi-Lites    The First Time (Ever I Saw Your Face)    Brunswick    55546    Marriage License
Chubby Checker    The Twist    London    10512    Let's Twist Again
Chuck Jackson    I'm Needing You, Wanting You    All Platinum    2360    Shine, Shine, Shine
Chuck Roberson    Lolly Pop Man    Nu Gun    001    Instrumental
Cindie Marie    Jump On Out    Future    92467    Same
Cissy Houston    I'll Be There    Commonwealth    3010    He I Believe
Clarence Carter    The Feeling Is Right    Atlantic    2642    You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure
Clarence Carter    Snatchin It Back    Atlantic    2605    Making Love At The Dark End Of The Street
Clarence Carter    Kiss You All Over    Ichiban    89-168    Dance To The Blues
Commodores    Lady (You Bring Me Up)    Motown    1514F    Getting' It
Commodores    Sexy Lady    Motown    1661    Reach High
Con Funk Shun    Indian Summer Love    Mercury    73959    Ffun
Concentrations    My World of Honour    Groove Sound (LEVINE)    9001    Anticipation
Crusaders    Don't Let It Get You Down    Blue Thumb    225    Journey From Within
Crystal Mansion    Carolina In My Mind    Colossus    128    If I Live
Curtis Mayfield    Right On For The Darkness    Curtom    1999    Kung Fu
Curtis Mayfield    If I Were Only A Child Again    Curtom    1991    Think (Inst)
Curtis Mayfield    On and On    Curtom    90-609    Got To Be Real
Dalton & Dubarri    Til the Day I Started Loving You    Hilltak    7902    Keepin Iy Up
Darryl Carter    The Only Thing That Saved Me    TTC    101    Pt 2
Dave Baby Cortez    There's A New Man    Sound Pak    SPM1002    (Do It) The Funky Dance
Day One     It Takes Two    Pearl Harbour    45706    Pt 2
Delegation    Someone Ougt To Write A Song About You    State    1047    Mr Heartbreak
Delfonics    Loving Him    Philly Groove    157    You Got Yours and I'll Get Mine
Delfonics    Round and Round    Philly Groove    169    Walk Right Up To The Sun
Dells    There Is    Chess Blue Chip    9006    O O I Love You
Dells    A Little Understanding    Cadet    5672    Long Lonely Nights
Dells    I Want My Momma    Cadet    5621    Always Together
Dells    Let's Make It Last    Cadet    5698    My Pretending Days Ar Over
Dells    A Little Understanding    Cadet    5672    Long Lonely Nights
Dells/Dramatics    I'm In Love    Cadet    5710    Love Is Missing From Our Lifes
Deniece Williams    Love Notes    CBS    A2657    Waiting By The Hotline
Denise LaSalle    Keep It Coming    Westbound    182    Trapped By A Thing Called Love
Denise LaSalle    What It Takes To Get A Good Woman    Westbounnd    215    Making A Good Thing Better
Denroy Morgan    I'll Do Anything For You    Becket    45    Same
Derek Martin     I Got To Chase That Dream    Buttercup    45-011    You're Love Made A Man Out of Me
Diamond Jim    The Legend of Diamond Jim    Diamond Jim    1009    Same
Diana Ross    How About You    Tamla Motown (Canadian)    1176    Remember Me
Diana Ross    I'm A Winner    Motown    1188    Surrender
Diana Ross    Missing You    RCA    13966    We Are The Chidren of the World
Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye    I'm Falling In Love With You    Motown Yesteryear    1280F    You’re A Specia Part of Me
Dinah Washington    Cold Cold Heart    Mercury    72040    I Don't Hurt Anymore
Dionne Warwick    If I Ruled The Word    Musicor    6303    Only Love Can Break A Heart
Dionne Warwick    The Windows of the World    Scepter    12196    Walk Little Dolly
Donna Summer    Dinner With gershwin    Geffen    28418    Same
Donnie Elbert    What Do You Do    All Platinum    2367    Will You Love Me Tomorrow
Donnie Elbert    Love Is Strange    All Platinum    AP2351    Instrumental
Donnie Weaver    I've Just Gotta Talk To You    14 Karat    14K01    Go On And Do It
Donny Gerrard    Words (Are Impossible)    Greedy Records    G101    Stand Up
Dooley Silverspoon    Bump Me Baby    Cotton    636    Pt2
Dorothy Moore    Just The One I've Been Looking For    GSF    6908    Cry Like A Baby
Dorothy Moore    Too Blind To See    Malaco    1047    With Pen In Hand
Dorothy Moore    Too Blind To See    Malaco    1047    With Pen In Hand
Dorothy Moore    Let The Music Play    Malaco    1048    1,2,3 You and Me
Dorothy Moore    Misty Blue    Malaco    1029    Here It Is
Dorothy Moore    I Believe In You    Malaco    1042    Love Me
Dramatics    That Heaven Kind of Feeling    ABC    12299    Shake It Well
Duke Jenkins    Superman    Venus    338    There's Nothing New
Dunn and Bruce Street    Shout ForJoy    Devaki    1009    Yearnin & Burnin
Earl Gaines    Soul Children    Seventy Seven    135    I Can't Face It
Earl Gaines    If You Want What I Got    Seventy Seven    131    Hymn Number 5
Earnest Jackson    Love and Happiness    Stone Records    200    Hogwash
Earth, Wind & Fire    Keep Your Head To The Sky    Columbia    45953    Build Your Nest
Earth, Wind & Fire    After The Love Has Gone    Arc    11033    Rock That
Ebonee Webb    Anybody Wanna Dance    Capitol    5008    Gonna Getcha
Eddie Drennon & B.B.S. Unlimited    Let's Do The Latin Hustle    Friends & Co    124    Get Down To The Latin Hustle
Eddie Drennon & B.B.S. Unlimited    Le's Do It Again    Friends & Co    126    Do It Nice & Easy
Eddie Fisher    Stay Together    Nentu    110    Early Morning
Edwin Starr    Stay With Me    Granite    G528    Party
Emotions    Baby I'm Through    Stax    3200    Shouting Out Love
Enchantment    Sunny Shine Feeling    Roadshow    XW1124    It's You That I Need
Endeavors    Who! Shaft Where    Gambit    6    Sexy Woman
Eon    Love    Scepter    12410    Sing A Happy Song
Eric Sand    Double Standards    LaRon    14    Good Time Girl
Ernnie Johnson    Mouth To Mouth Resuscitation    Ronn    102    You're Gonna Miss Me
Escorts    All We Need (Is Another Chance)    Alithea    AR6062    Disrespect Can Wreck
Escorts    Within Without    Alithia    6066    Le's Make Love
Etta James    I've Been A Fool    Chess    30001    Jump Into  Love
Executive Suite    I'm A Winner Now    North Bay    309    You Got The Kind of Love
Facts of Life    Looks Like We Made It    Kayvette    5134    Lost Inside of You
Faith, Hope & Charity    Baby, Don't Take Your Love    Maxwell    L808    Make Love To Me
Fantastic Four    Ain't Love Wonderful    Ric-Tic    RT122    The Whole World Is A Stage
Fantastic Four    Romeo & Juliet's "I Don't Wanna Live Without You"    Ric Tic    RT128    You Gave Me Something (And everything's alright)
Fantastic Four    As Long As I Live    Ric TIc    RT130    To Share Your Love
Fantasy Hill    Friz Bee    Windsor    5000    Come On Home
Fatback Band    Soul March    Perception    520    To Be Wth You
Final Seconds    Society    Boo Kou    423    Lost On A Highway
Firehouse Five    Winchester Cathedral    Good Time Jazz    45103    Mame
First Choice    Guilty    Philly Groove    202    Wake Up To Me
First Class    Me and My Gemini    All Platinum    AP236    (Sing) Me and My Gemini
Flaming Embers    Let's Have A Love In    RicTic    132    Hey Mama
Flamingos    Just For A Kick    Checker    7855    Would I Be Crying
Flirtations    You Pulled A Fast One    Racetrack (LEVINE)    1001    My Way or the Highway
Floaters & Shu-ga    Glass House    Fee    ur2080    For Your Love
Foster Sylvers    I'll Get You In The End    MGM    14630    Hey Little Girl
Four Tops    Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever    Motown    1096    I Like Everything About You
Four Vandals    The Wrong Side of Town    Goldmine Sevens    55    One Picture's Worth A Thousand Words
Four Vandals    One Picture's Worth A Thousand Words    Boardwalk (LEVINE)    1006    No No No Girl
Foxy     Call It Love    Dash    5050    Hot Number
France Joli    Come To Me    Prelude    8001    Let Go
Frank Lucas    Good Thing Man    ICA    001    I Want My Mule Back
Frantique    Strut Your Funky Stuff    Philadelphia International    3703    same
Freddie North    Laid Back & Easy    Mankind    12016    Song #29
Frederick II    Gwendoline    Vulture    5002    Groovin' Out On Life
Frida Norwood    Your Love (Is Getting Better All The Time)    Tra-San    100    Same
Full Speed    It Must Be Love    Real Thing    RT101    Put 'em on the Right Track
Funkhouse Express    Chase Your Blues Away    Roxbury    203    Long Version
Fuzz    I Love You For All Seasons    Calla    174    Same
Gangsters    Shake Your Body    Heat    HS2002    Instrumental
Gangsters    Strung Out On The Boogie    Heat    2007    Shake Your Body
Gary Toms Empire    7654321    PIP    6504    short version
Geater Davis    Wrapped Up In You    House of Orange    2405    For Your Precious Love
Geater Davis    I'v Got To Pay The Price    Seventy Seven    SS136    I'm Gonna Change
Gene Redding     This Heart    Haven    7000    What Do I Do On A Sunday Morning
General Johnson    Ready, Willing & Able    Arista    177    All In The Family
George McCrae    I Can't Leave You Alone    Jay Boy    Boy 90    You Got My Heart
George McCrae    I Get Lifted    TK    1007    I Can't Leave You Alone
Gil Hayden    Think    V-Tone    219    So Left Alone
Gino Danelli & TKO    The Hit Man    Rio 3    802    Same
Gladys Knight & The Pips    Baby Don't Change Your Mind    Buddah    569    I Love to Feel That Feeling
Gladys Knight & The Pips    I Feel A Song    Buddah    433N    Don't Burn Down The Bridge
Gladys Knight & The Pips    Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me    Buddah    BDS432    Don't Burn Down The Bridge
Gladys Knight & The Pips    Street Brothers    Buddah    487    Money
Gloria Lynne     I Wish You Love    Hi FI    5103    A Long Long Story
Gloria Lynne     Without A Song    Everest    2047    Serenade in Blue
Golden Tones    Jesus Is All The Word To Me    Halo    3176    Why Can't We Love Our Fellow Man
Good Shepherd Singers    Thus Saith The Lord    Vanguard    35121    Reach Out Your hand
Gospel Six    God Done Got Tired    Checker Sermons & Spirituals    CK1245    I'll Let Nothing Separate Me
Gospel Souls    The Fire Keeps On Burning In My Heart    Halo    3144    Pt 2
Graingers    Shine Your Light    BC    2    Shine Your Light
Gregg Diamond    Doing That    Marlin    Mar-33    Holding Back
Grover Washington Jr    A Secret Place    Kudu    937    Pt 2
Grover Washington Jr    Knucklehead    Kudu    930    Pt2
Gwen McCrae    Eay Rock    CAT    2000    Cradle of Love
Harmonizing Four    It's Real    Chess Sermons & Spirituals    1250    One God
Harold Austin's Orchestra    Jesse's Idea    Genuine    1230    Pt 2
Harold Dobbins    I've Decided    New Light    1501    The Lord God Brought Me
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes    Yesterday I Had The Blues    Philadelphia International    3525    Ebony Woman
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes    Wake Up Everybody    Philadelphia International    3866    Pt 2
Heaven and Earth    Just In Time    Tec    771    Kick It Out
Herb Lane & The Rhythm Makers    You're My Last Girl    Vigor    VI1729    At The Hop
Hodges, James & Smith    Love Baby    London    5N-260    Don't Take Away Your Love
Hodges, James & Smith    Music Turns Me On    London    5N-274    Dancing In The Street
Homi & Jarvis    I'm In Love Again    GRP    3002    Some Hearts
Honey & The Bees    It's Gonna Take A Miracle (Medley)    Josie    JOZ 677    What About Me
Hot Butter     Hot Butter    Musicor    1468    Tequila
Hot Butter     Popcorn    Musicor    1458    At The Movies
Hot Choclate    Beautiful Lady    Big Tree    16060    Don't Stop It Now
Hot line    Juice It Up    Red Coach    808    pt2
Houston Person    I Like To Live The Love    Eastbound    E622    Mayola
Hugh Masekela    10,000 Miles To Memphis    UNI    55130    Getting It On
Hunts Determination    She's On My Mind    Earwax    200    Rollerskate
Ida Mae Davis & The Salem Travellers    That's A Mountain    Halo    3110    Don't Worry About Jesus
Ike & Tina Turner    Funkier Than A Mosqquita's Tweeter    Liberty    56216    Proud Mary
Ike & Tina Turner    Born Free    United Artists    XW257    Work On Me
Illusion    Did You See Her Eyes    Steed    45 718    Falling In Love
Imperials    Who's Gonna Love Me    Omni    5501    You Better Take Time To Love
Incredible Fly    Hay Miss Lady    Superfly Music    A4616    Pt 2
Intruders    Tender    Gamble    4001    By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Irma Thomas    You're The Dog    Fungus    F15119    She'll Never Be Your Wife
Isaac Hayes    Rock Me Easy Baby    ABC    12176    Pt2
Isley Brothers    What It Comes Down To    T Neck    2252    The Highways Of My Life
Isley Brothers    Can't You See What You Do To Me    Tneck    2293    Who Said?
Ivy    Addiction    Heat    2042    Standing Tall
J Blackfoot    Street Girl    Sound Town    ST0015    Hiding Place
J. Kelly & The Premiers    Signed Sealed Delivered (My Heart)    Roadshow    7005    She Calls Me Baby
J.B.'s    Rock Groove Machine    Drive    6277    Pt 2
Jackie Moore    Sweet Charlie Babe    Atlantic    2956    If
Jackie Moore    Singing Funky Music Turns Me On    Kayvette    5122    Make Me Feel Like A Woman
James Brown    Talking Loud And Saying Nothin    King    6359    Part 2
James Brown    Out Of Sight    Smash    1919    Maybe The Last Time
James Brown & The Famous Flames    Ain't That A Groove    King    12081    Part 2
James Carr    Everybody Needs Somebody    Goldwax    343    Row Row Your Boat
Janice Bulluck    Do You Really Love Me    Wilbe Recording Company    87206    I'm Riding High On Love
Jay Blackfoot    The Girl Next Door    Sound Town    17    Kum Bah Yah
Jean Wells    Sweetness    Sunshine    SG801    Love Is Just A Word
Jeanne Burton     Nobody Loves Me Like You Do    Cotton    6362    Same
Jermain Jackson    Let It Ride    Motown Yesteryear    1490F    You're Supposed To Keep Your Love For Me
Jerry Butler    All The Way    Fountain    82400    No Love Without Changes
Jerry Rix    Hands Full Of Nothing    Avi    131    Disco Train
Jewel Bass    I Don't Trust Myself    Special Agent    9001    Overflowing For Joy
Jimmy Bo Horne    Is It In    Sunshine Sound    1018    I Wanna Go Home With You
Jimmy Bo Horne    You Get Me Hot    Sunshine Sound    1014    They Long To Be Close To You
Jimmy Briscoe & The Little Beavers    My Ebony Princess    Pi Kappa    600    Pt 2
Jimmy Dockett    Here (In My Heart)    Flo-Feel    2000    I Got It
Jimmy Dockett    Get Down Happy People    Flo-Feel    10,000    Pt2
Jimmy James & The Vagabonds    I'll Goo Where The Music Takes Me    Pye    71068    Same
Jimmy McCracklin    The Walk    Chess Blue Chip    9015    I'm To Blame
Jimmy Thomas    First Class Ticket    Exceptional    3001    Let Me Be Your Security
Jimmy Witherspoon    You Can Make It If You Try    Trio    711    I Gotta Go Home
JJ Barnes    Say It    RicTic    117    Deeper In Love
JJ Barnes    On Top Of The World    Achievement (LEVINE)    10011    Talk Of The Grapevine
Joe Frazier    Come & Get Me Love    Knockout    711    My Way
Joe Newman Sextet    Slats    Pacific Jazz    307    Feather's nest
Joe Simon    You're The One For Me    Spring    SPR115    I Aint Giving Up
Joe Simon    You're The One For Me    Spring    115    I Ain't Giving Up
Joe Simon    Love Vibration    Spring    SP190    Disco Version
Joe Simon    I Found My Dad    Spring    130    Trouble In My Home
Joe SImon    Pool Of Bad Luck    Spring    124    Glad To Be Your Lover
Joe Simon    Power OF Lover    Spring    128    The Mirror Don't Lie
Joe Simon    What's Left To Do    Spring    172    You Didn't Have To Play No Games
Joe Tex    You're Gonna Thank Me, Woman    Dial    4069    Men Are Getting Scarce
Joe Tex    Men Are Getting' Scarce    Dial    4069    You're Gonna Thank Me, Woman
Joe Tex    Woman Stealer    Dial    1020    Cats Got Her Tongue
Joe Tex    Who Gave Birthe To The Funk    Dial    2801    If Yu Don't Want The Man
Joe Tex    You Said A Bad Word    Dial    1012    It Ain't Gonna Work Baby
Joe Tex    Go Home And Do It    Dial    4083    Keep The One You Got
Joe Williams    God Bless You    Temponic    100    Love Is A Feeling
Joe Wilson    Family Man    Ria    7109    You Need Me
John KaSandra    Mose Part III    Respect    2504    Tired Old Subject
Johnnie Mae Matthews    It's Good    Northern    10039    Come On Back
Johnnie Taylor    Hold On This Time    Stax    STA 0023    Take Care Of Your Homework
Johnnie Taylor    We're Getting Careless With Our Love    Stax    STA 0193    Poor Make Believer
Johnnie Taylor    Cheaper To Keep Her    Stax    0176    I Can't Read Between The Lines
Johnny Adams    Showdown    RIC    3507    Tra LA LA
Johnny Guitar Watson    Nothing eft To Be Desired    DJM    1024    A Real Mother For You
Johnny Guitar Watson    Tarzan    BJM    1029    Lover Jones
Johnny Honeycutt    Love Theme    Fury    6000    Advice on Man's Love Life
Johnny Nash    Cupid    JAD    220    Hold Me Tight
Jon-Wite Group     Honey Child    Cenpro    45007    Theme froma Summers Place
Jon-Wite Group     Autumn Leaves    Cenpro    45011    Same
Joyce Cobb    Dign The God    Cream    7939    Don't Be Mad At Me
Joyce Cobb    Dign The God    Cream    7939    Don't Be Mad At Me
Joyce Lawson    Stop Dogging Me    Mutt & Jeff    39    Long Version
Joyce Thorne    Dancin' Sensation    Globa    1002    Never Let The Lights Go Out Again
Judy Clay    Stayin' Alive    LA Records    19    same
Juggy Murry    Built For Speed    Pony    Pony1    Pt2
Junie    Rappin About Rappin    Columbia    60520    Same
Jupiter Sunset    Back In The Sun    Juno    5011    Instrumental
Kain    Aint It Fine    Juggernaut    410    Nubain II
Kal ft Mr.Tee    The Boogies Here    Big Hit    TZ 0014    Whistle Song
Kano    I'm Ready    Emergency    4504    Holly Dolly
Karyn White    Love Saw It    Warner Bros    27538    Language of Love
Kathryn Chase    Sunday Our Sunday    Fretone    42    I Thank You
Kay Gees    My Favourite Song    Gang    GR1323    Get Down
Kay Gees    Waiting at the Bus Stop    Gang    1187 326    pt 2 
Kay Gees    Masterplan    Gang    1322    Who's The Man
Kelli Jerry    Who Do You Love?    ATL    1006    same
Kenny G    Silhouette    Arista    9751    Home
Kick    Electro Girl    Jomar    u15131    Instrumental
King Floyd    Can You Dig It    Dial    
Trying To Forget You
King Floyd    Everybody Needs Somebody    Chimneyville    CH443    Woman Don't Go Astray
King Hannibal    It's What You Do    Aware    27    The Truth Shall Make You Free
Klass    Now That I Have You    Saturn    2113    Techno Pop Rock
Kool & The Gang    Just Friends    De-Lite    DE4    Stepping Out
Kool and The Gang    Live The Life You Live    Delight    546    Pt 2
L.C. Grier    Gone, Is The Laughter of You    Sunshine    45-424    Instrumental
L.T.D.    Holding On    A&M    2057    Together Forever
La Toya jackson    Betcha Gonna Need My Love    LARC    81025    Instrumental
Lamont Dozier    Shout About It    M&M    502    Same
Lanier & Co    Dancing In The Night    Waylo    3011    Pt2
Larry Page Orchestra    I'm Hooked On You    London    5N 529    Erotic Soul
Latimore    Let Me Go    Glades    1750    Dig A Little Deeper
Latimore    Keep The Home Fire Burninig    Glades    1726    That's How It Is
Latimore    Let Me Go    Glades    1750    Dig A Little Deeper
Latimore    I Get Lifted    Glades    1742    All The Way Lover
Latimote    Take Me to the Mountain Top    TK    1040    Joy
Laura Lee    I Can't Hold On Much Longer    Hot Wax    7305    I'll Catch You When You Fall
Laura Lee    I Can't Hold On Much Longer    Hot Wax    7305    I'll Catch You When You Fall
Laura Lee    If I'm Good Enough To Love    Hot Wax    7207    If You Can Beat Me Rocking
Laura Lee    Dirty Man    Chess    2013    It's Mighty Hard
Lee Shot Williams    Me & My Woman    Roots    1650    Country Disco
Lenny Welch    Breaking Up Is Hard To Do    Commonwealth    3004    Get Mommy To Come Back Home
Lenny Welch    Conratulations Baby    Cadence    1422    Ebb Tide
Leon Haywood    Daydream    20th Century    2469DJ    Same
Leon Peels    A Casual Kiss    Whirlybird    2002    Cottonhead Joe
Leonard Tucker    Debbie    Mutt & Jeff    45    Same
Leone Thomas    Thank You Baby Pt1    DON    DK102    Thank You Baby Pt2
Levert    Dancing With You    Tempre    5506    All In The Way You Dance
Linda Jones    Body Fever    Spirit    777-7-SP    Pt2
Lintons    Don't You Ever Wak Away    Erica    005    Lost Love
Little Beaver    Party Down    Cat    1993    Pt2
Little Charles & The Sidewinders    Nobody Knows    Red Sands    45-701    You're Blessing
Little Mack Simmons    Never Leave My Homework Undone    Dud Sound    4719    Givin Me A Hard Time
Little Milton    Just A Little Bit    Checker    1217    Spring
Little Milton    You Ought To Be With Me    Golden Ear    GE2285    Don't Leave Her
Little Milton    Loving You    Glades    1743    4:59am
Little Milton    My Thing Is You    Glades    1747    Me For You, You For Me
Little Richard    Where Will I Find A Pace    Greene Mountain    413    In The Middle Of The Night
Little Richard     In The Name    Kent    4568    Don't You Know I
Little Sister    Stanga    Stone Flower    9001    Somebody's Watching You
Lloyd Price    They Get Down    GSF    6904    Trying To Slip Away
Lonesome Sundown    Louisiana Lover Man    Joliet    212    I Betcha
Lonnie Youngblood    Man To Woman    Shakat    708    Instrumental
Lou Rawls     Season Of The Witch    Capitol    2550    Your Good Thing
Louis Dyer    I Wanna Make Love To You    Little Star    1529    Lonely Drifter
Love Attack    Glass Tear    JM    1001    same
Love Brothers    Giddy-Up    North Bay    311    Bop De Do Wah
Love Committee    Cheaters Never Win    Gold Mind    4003    Where Will It End
Loveland Orchestra    Love Song Theme    Jamie    1432    Same
LTG Exchange    A Young Mother's Love    Wand    11269    Corazon
Lucky Cordell    Lord, Help Me    Halo    3170    A Great Day
Lucky Peterson Blues Band    Good Old Candy    Today    1503    1-2-3-4
Lucy Rogers Singers    Man In The City    Halo    09    Pt2
Luther Ingram    Do You Love Somebody    Koko    728    How I Miss My Baby
Luther Ingram    I Like The Feeling    Koko    Ko725    I'm Gonna Be The Best Thing
Luther Vandross    I'm Gonna Start Today    Epic    74945    Little Miracles
Luther Vandross    Give MeThe Reason    Epic    6129    Nicole - Don't You Want My Love
Lynn White    I Didn't Make My Move Too Soon    Bust Out    3370    Same
Lynne White    Pain In My Heart    Darby    501    Blues In my Bedroom
Madlyn Quebec    The Love I've Been Looking For    Venture    639    Better Than My Best
Magnetic Force    Ole Sweet Music    Lucky Jerice    301    Instrumental
Malcolm Dodds    Perfect Strangers    Aurora    1996    Ich Bin Very Happy
Manchild    Taking It To The Sreets    Chi-Sound    XW1112    Especially For You
Manhattans    Back Up    Deluxe    144    Fever
Manhattans    Do You Ever    De Luxe    8462    If My Heart Could Speak
Manhattans    Do You Ever    De Luxe    8462    If My Heart Could Speak
Margie Evans    Good Thing Queen    ICA    002    Pt2
Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis jr    Your Love    ABC    12262    My Love For You
Mark Colby    King Tutt    Tappan Zee    10761    On and On
Mark III Trio    G'wan    Wingate    15    Good Grease
Marvin Gaye    How Can I Forget    Tamla    54190    Gonna Give Her All The Love I Got
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell    Two Can Have A Party    Tamla    54196    You're All I Need To Get By
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell    Satisfied Feelin'    Tamla    54179    Good Loving Easy To Come By
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell    What You Gave Me    Tamla    54187    How You Gonna Keep It
Marvin L Sims    Nina Have You Seen My Baby    Mellow    1004    Pt 2
Mary Jane Girls    Boys    Gordy    1704    Same
Mason Dixon    The Bigger They Are The Harder They Fall    Buttecup    45-010    Acapulco Gold
Mattie Johnson and the Stars of Faith    More Time to Pray    Olde World Records    1102    All God's Children Got Shoes
Maxine Nightingale    Give A Little Love To Me    Highrise    2004    Turn To Me
Maze    Love Is The Key    Capitol    5221    Lady of Magic
McCrarys    Looking Ahead    Portrait    70014    You
McKinley Mitchell    You Know I've Tried    Chimneyville    10219    The End of the Raibow
Meadow Brothers    Wheels    Kayvette    5132    I Can't Understand
Melba Moore    Just You Just Me     EMI America    8092    Tae My Love
Men Working    Welfare (It's The Only Way To Go)    Parma    32828    I Am Alone
Menard Rogers & The Players    O' My Love    Margaret    995    Ain't Nothing But A Titty
Meters    Zony Mash    Josie    1024    A Message From The Meters
Meters    Joog    Josie    1021    Hand Clapping Song
Mica Paris    Rock Together    4th & Broadway    85    My One Temptation
Michael Henderson    Take Me I'm Yours    Buddah    BDA 597    Let Me Love You
Michael Henderson    I Can't Help It    Buddah    578    Make Me Feel Better
Michael Henderson    Make Me Feel Better    Buddah    578    I Can't Help It
Michael Henderson    You Haven't Made It To The Top    Buddah    565    Stay With Me This Summer
Michael Jordan Ensemble    The Lord's Prayer    Peace    4002    I Thank God
Michael Zager Band    Soul To Soul    Private Stock    202    Freak
Michael Zager Band    Love Express    Private Stock    184    Let's All Chant
Michael Zager moon Band    This Is The Life    Bang    720    Do It With Feeling
Midnight Movers Unltd    Truck In     Renee    3005    Put Your Hand In Your Pocket
Midnight Movers Unltd    Follow The Wind    Renee    3004    Pt2
Midnight Star    Stay Here By My Side    Solar    69472    Searching For Love
Midnight Star    Engine No 9    Solar    69501    Searching For Love
Midnight Star    The Midas Touch    Solar    69525    Searchin for Love
Millie Jackson    How Do You Feel The Morning After    Spring    147    In The Wash
Milt Grayson & The Mystery Guests    Good Morning World    Peak    1001    Right On Right On Right On
Miss Johnnie    Over The Mountain, Across The Sea    ZELLS    3379    Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Miz Davis    Sing A Happy Song    Now    N-10    Disco Version
Moments    Where Can I Find her    Stang    ST5052    Sexy Mama
Moments    Jack in The Box    Stang    5075    I Cold Have Loved You
Moments    Next Time That I See You    Stang    5068    With You
Moments    Ooh I Could Have oved You    Stang    5073    I Don't Wanna Go
Moments    Come in Girl    Stang    5071    We Don't Cry Out Loud
Monte Easter    Birdland Hop    Swingin    636    Weekend Blues
Moses    Sweetest Love    Pure Silk    45001    Sunday Afternoon
Mu Band    Let's Go Skating    Zephyr    100    Let Me Come Inside
Muddy Waters    Got My Mojo Working    Chess    9011    Tiger In Your Tank
Music Makers    United (Part1)    Gamble    G210    Part 2
Nalie Cole    Don't Look Back    Capitol    4869    Someone That I Used To Love
Nancy Wilson    Joey, Joey, Joey    Capitol Compact    1828    The Sweetest Sounds
Narada Michael Walden    Gimme Gimme Gimme    Warner Bros    90777    Wear Your Love
Narada Michael Walden    You're So Good    Atlantic    3655    Tonight I'm Alright
Nat Augustin    Uplifting    Sharpsville    8001    Love Is My Sanctuary
New Edition    Is This The End    Streetwise    1111    Instrumental
New Edition    Is This The End    Street Wise    1111    Same
Next Movement    You're The One    GEC    GEC500    Instrumental
Niteflyte    I Wonder (If I'm Falling In Love Again)    Ariola    7747    If You Want It
Njia (Nija) Walk    The Fatback Band    Perception    540    Soul Man
O. V. Wright     The Bottom Line    Hi    78521    No Easy Way To Say Goodbye
O. V. Wright     You've Gotta Have Love    Hi    77506    Precious Precious
O.C. Smith    Friend, Lover, Woman, Wfe    Columbia    44859    I Taught Her Everything She Knows
O.C. Smith    Love To Burn    Shady Brook    1045    Give Me Time
O.C. Smith    Don't Misunderstand    Columbia    45655    If You Touch Me
O.V Wright    I'm Going Home    Back Beat    631    I've Been Searching
O.V. Wright    I Don't Know Why    Hi    79531    Where Still Together
O.V.Wright    I Feel Love Growing    Hi    78514    I Don't Do Windows
Ohio Players    Love Rollercoaster    Mercury    73734    It's All Over
O'Jays    I Can't Stand The Pain    Philadelphia International    3892    A Letter to My Friends
O'Jays    One In A Million (Girl)    Philadelphia International    ZS9 3707    Sing A Happy Song
Oliver Christian (Soul Cop)    Too Many Nites    Norfolk International    10003    If You Wanna Be Happy
Oliver Sain    London Express    Abet    9460    Blowing For Love
Oliver Sain    B-oogie    Abet    9472    Feel Lik Dancin'
Otis Clay    Messing With My Mind    Echo    2002    Check It Out
Ozone    Gigolette    Motown    1521F    Instrumental
P.D.V.     Write It Down    Prime    72882    Medley
Passage    Have You Heard The Word    A&M    2325    Love Eyes
Patti Austin    Hot in The Flames of Love    Qwest    89357    Honey For The Bees
Patti Drew    The Mighty OJ    Innovation    9165    Instrumental
Paul Kelly     509    Happy Tiger    HT555    Sailing
Peoples Choir of Operation Push    He Included Me    The Gospel Truth    GTA 1210    I'm A Child of the King
Peter Brown    Fantasy Love Affair    Drive    6274    It's True What They Say About ove
Peter Brown    Penguin    TK    7573    It's Alright
Peter Brown     Dance With Me    Drive    6269    For Your Love
Philip-Michael Thomas    Just The Way I Plnned It    Atlantic    95817    All My Love
Phillip & Lloyd    Here I Am Come And Take Me    Scepter    12422    I Shot The Sheriff
Platinum Hook    Give Me Time To Say    Motown    1464    same
Pointer Sisters    Holding Out For Love    Planet    47929    Slow Hand
Priscilla Price    Only Yesterday    GeNEVA    504    Funny
Prodigal Sons    Such A Beautiful Thing    UT    5620    Little Girl From Puerto Rico
Quincy Jones    Stuff Like That    A&M    2043    There's A Train Leaving
Rainy Davis    Sweetheart    Supertronics    13    Dub Version
Ray Brooks    Walk Out Like A Lady    US Records    1006    Mystic Moody
Ray Brooks    Walk Out Like A Lady    US    1006    Mystic Lady
Ray Charles    Everybody Sing    Crossover    973    Come Live With Me
Ray Charles    Baby, Don't You Cry    ABC Paramount    10530    My Heart Cries For You
Ray Charles    Louise    Crossover    974    Somebody
Ray Charles    Ring of Fire    ABC    11351    I Cam Mae It Through The Days
Ray Parker Jr    Stay The Night    Arista    669    The Other Woman
Reflections    You're My Baby    Golden Word    GW19    Shabby Little Hut
Reflections    Comin At You    Golden Word    GW20    Poor Man's Son
Reflections    Like Columbus Did    Golden World    GW12    Lonely Girl
Rick James    Love Gun    Gordy    7176F    Stormy Love
Rimshots    Groove Bus    Stang    5067    Super Disco
Rimshots    We've Got You Singing    Stang    5069    You Sing (We've Got You Singing)
Riot    God Bless Conchita    Motown    1265F    Same
Robert Winters & Fall    One More Year    Buddah    624    Magic Man
Rock Gazers    Bluebird Blue    Pilgrim    711    Wet Weekend
Ron Banks & The Dramatics    Highway To Heaven    Volt    4108    I Made Myself Lonely
Ron Holden    I Need Ya    Now    N6    Can You Talk
Ronnie Laws    Summer Fool    Liberty    1424    Stay Awake
Rose Brothers    Freeky Lover    Muscle Shoals Sound    102    I Get Off On You
Roy C    I Wasn't There    Alaga    1007    Those Days Are Gone
Roy C    I'm Gonna Love Somebody Else's Woman    Alaga    1008    I'll Never Leave You Lonely
Roy C    I'm Gonna Love Somebody Else's Woman    Alaga    1008    I'll Never Leave You Lonely
Rudy Ray Moore    The Turniing Point    Kent    4570    Great Pretender
Rufus    Tonight We Love    MCA    51070    Afterwards
Rufus    Tonight We Love    MCA    51070    Afterwards
Rufus ft Chaka Khan    Rags to Rufus    ABC    12032    You Got The Love
Sam And Dave    Can't You Find Another Way    Atlantic    2540    Still Is The Night
Same & Dave    Why Did You Do It    Contempo    7004    We Can Work It Out
San Remo Golden Strings    I'm Satisfied    Ric Tic    108    Blueberry Hill
Sandra Feva    Love Come Right On Time    Jerni    2001    Same
Sandra Feva    Butterfly    Venture    138    Tell 'em That I Heard It
Sarah Vaughan    April Give Me One More Day    Mercury    71085    Poor Butterfly
Sarah Vaughan    Give Me One More    Mercury    71085X    Poor Butterfly
Saturday Night Band    Touch Me On My Hot Spot    Prelude    71104    Come On Dance, Dance
Seven Wonders of The World    Turning In Circles    Blackout    5002    Just One Chance To Say Goodbye
Shannon    Stronger Together    Mirage    96317    Let Me See Your Body Move
Shannon    Do You Wanna Get Away    Mirage    96557    Dub Version
Sheila Hylton    The Bed's Too Big Without You    Mango    108    Give Me Your love
Sheldon Turner    Loving You    Babylon    1115    Instrumental
Shirley & Company    I Like To Dance    Vibration    542    Jim Doc C'Ain
Shirley & Company    Cry, Cry, Cry    Vibration    535    Same
Shirley and Company    I Like To Dance    Vibration    542    Jim Doc Cain
Shirley Brown    I Don't Play Like That    Sound Town    0012    Boyfreind
Shirley Brown    It's Worth A Whippin    Truth    3231    Between You And Me
Shorty Long    Sing What You Wanna    Soul    35044    Here Comes The Judge
Shotgun    Shady Lady    AC    12292    Mutha Funk
Side Effect    Superwoman    Elektra    46637    Eleanor Rigby
Silk    Party    Prelude    71084    pt 2
Silver Convention    Get Up And Boogie    Midsong    9002    Fly Robin Fly
Siren    Morning Music    Midsong    1006    Open Up For Love
Siren      Morning Music    Midsong    1006    Open Up For Love
Sister Sledge    Smile    Cotillion    9885    B.Y.O.B.
Skip McHoney    Strugglin Man    DC Interntional    5003    You're Funny Moods
Skool Boyz    Before You Go    Crossroad    1063    Same
Slave    Rendezvous    Cottilion    99838    Shake It Up
Sly & The Family Stone    Runnin' Away    Epic    10829    Brave and Strong
Sly & The Family Stone    If It Were Left Up To Me    Epic    11060    Frisky
Sly & The Family Stone    Sheer Energy    Warner Bros    474    Remember Who You Are
Smoggs    Gotta Have a Little Talk with the Peanut Man    Event     254    Pt2
Smokey Robinson    Want To Know My Mind    Tamla    54233    Sweet Harmony
Smokey Robinson    I've Made Love To You a Thousand Times    Tamla    1655TF    Into Each Rain Some Life Must Fall
Smokey Robinson    Old Fashioned Love    Tamla    1615    Destiny
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles    Daring Dear    Tamla    54189    Point it out
Softones     Laundromat    H&L    4685    And I Remember Your Face
Softones/First Class    Carla My Love    Parkway    1553    Instrumental
Solomon Burke    Chess    The Do Right Song    401    I've Never Stopped Loving You
Sonny Charles    One Eyed Jack    Highrise    2006    Always On My Mind
Sonny Stitt    The Doule-O-Soul of    Wingate    WG006    Pt 2
Soul Children    Whats Happening Baby    Stax    230    Pt2
Soul Children    Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness    Stax    132    Just The One (I've Been Looking For)
Soul Cop (Oliver Christian)    Tribute To Girls    Norfolk International    NI 108    I Keep Coming Back For More
Soul Devalants    This Is Our Thing    North Bay    NB306    Grasshopper
Soul Stirrers    Striving    Checker Sermons & Spirituals    1241    Slow Train
Soul Stirrers    Christmas Joy    Checker    5007    I Know I'll Be Free
Soul Stirrers    Striving    Checker    1241    Slow Train
Soul Survivors     Impossible Mission    Crimson    CR1016    Poor Man's Dream
Sound Experience    Don't Fight The Feeling    Soulville    14024    You Don't Know What You're Doing
South Shore Commission    Free Man    Wand    11287    Disco Mix
Special Delivery    Come Back With Your Love    Mainstream    5584    Pt 2
Special Delivery    The Lonely One    Mainstream    MRL 5581    Instrumental
Spectrum    If You Wanna Party    Brown Dog    9015    Let's Fall In Love
Spinners    Mighty Love    Atlantic    3006    Pt 2
Spinners    You're All I Need in Life    Atlantic    3382    You're Throwing A Good Love Away
Spinners    You're All I Need In Life    Atlantic    3382    You're Throwing A Good Love Away
Spinners    They Just Can't Stop It    Atlantic    3284    I Don't Want To Lose You
Spiritual Kings    The Lord Will Find A Way    Soul World    108    Swing Low
Spunk    Tighten It Up    Gold Coast    1101    Get What You Want
Stacey Lattisaw    I Don't Have The Heart    Motown    2035    Same
Stairsteps    From Us To You    Dark Horse    10005    Time
Stapes    Unlock Your Mind    Warner Bros    8669    Mystery Train
Staple Singers    I'm A Lover    Stax    ST0093    You've Got To Earn It
Staple Singers    This World    Stax    137    Are You Sure
Staple Singers    My Main Man    Stax    227    Who Made The Man
Staple Singers    Heavy Makes You Happy    Stax    0083    Love Is Plentiful
Staple Singers    If you're Ready (Come Go With Me)    Stax    179    Love Comes In All Colours
Staple Singers    If you're Ready (Come Go With Me)    Stax    179    Love Comes In All Colours
Staple Singers    Cottonfields    Riverside    4563    This Land
Staples    Love Me, Love Me, Love Me    Warner Bros    8279    Pass It On
Starpoint    Don't Be So Serious    Boardwalk    12-178-7    Let Go
Steve Arrington's Hall Of Fame    Way Out    Konglather    12953    Pocket Full Of Air
Steve Mancha    Standing In Line    Nightmare    13    Instrumental
Stevie Wonder    I Gotta Have A Song    Tamla    54200    Heaven Help Us All
Stevie Wonder    Saturn - Ebony Eyes    Tamla    340EP    All Day Sucker - Easy Goin' Evening
Stevie Wonder    Sir Duke    Tamla    54281F    He's Misstra Know It All
Stevie Wonder    Send One Your Love    Tamla    54303F    Same
Stevie Wonder    All I Do    Tamla    1602tf    That Girl
Stevie Wonder    I Wish    Motown Yesteryear    620    Sir Duke
Sticky Fingers    Wastin My Love    Prelude    71115    Party Song
Stone Country Band    The Curly Shuffle    Amherst    48    xx
Street Players    Boogie Down    Ariola    7770    Ain't No Doubt
Stylistics    You and Me    Avco    6105    Break Up To Make Up
Stylistics    Only For The Children    AVCO    AV4634    You Make Me Feel Brand New
Stylistics    I'm Coming Home    H&L    4686    I Run To You
Stylistics    Sing Baby Sing    AVCO    4652    Thank You Baby
Stylistics    Only  You    H&L    4676    What Goes Around Comes Around
Summits    It Takes Two    DC Interntional    5001    Let Me Love You Again
Supercharge    Give It To The Nasty    Virgin    9507    I believe In You
Supermax    Push Push    Voyage    1003    Love Machine
Supremes    Up The Ladder To The Roof    Motown    M1192    Bill, When Are You Coming Back
Sweet Cream    I Don't Know What I'd Do     Shady Brook    1044    Disco Dance & Prty
Sweet Inspirations    How Can We Say Goodbye    Soul Tribe (NEW)    S005    Sweet Love
Swordsmen    Hip Thang    RCA    74-0561    I'm So Glad
Sydney    Let's Break    Carrere    4560    Same
Syl Johnson    Goodie Goodie Good Times    EPI    101    Love Baby
Syl Johnson    Mystery Lady    Hi    H79529    Let's Dance For Love
Sylvers    Cotton Candy    Capitol    4255    I Can Be For Real
Sylvers    Free Style    Capitol    4179    Boogie Fever
Sylvester    Give It Up    Fantasy/Honey Records    912    Here Is My Love
Sylvester    All I Need    Megatone    S1005    Same
Sylvia    My Thing    Vibration    521    Pillow Talk
Sylvia    PussyCat    Vibration    536    Instrumental
Sylvia    Sunday    Vibration    266    Soul Je Taime
Sylvia and the Moments    Sho Nuff Boogie    All Platinum    2350    Part 2
Symba    Hey You    Venture    137    Go Away Sad Memory
Taka Boom    Cloud Dancer    Ariola    7748    Night Dancin
Tamiko Jones    Let It Flow    Atlantis Records    716    Cloudy
Tamiko Jones    Boy You're Growing On Me    Atlantis Records    157    Ooh Baby Baby
Tapestry    Big Fool    Amjo    3034    Yeah Yeah Girl
Tasha Thomas    Shoot Me With Your Love     Atlantic    3542    Same
T-Connection    Do What You Wanna Do    Dash    5032    Mother's Love
Ted Taylor    Somebody's Getting It    Alarm    112    Steal Away
Teddy Pendergrass    You're My Choice Tonight    Asylum    96 9696    So Sad The Song
Teddy Pendergrass    You're My Choice Tonight    Asylum    9696    So Sad The Song
Teena Marie    LoverGirl    Epic    4619    Instrumental
Temptations    The Plastic Man    Gordy    7129F    Hurry Tomorrow
Temptations    Touch Me Again    Atlantic    3538    Ever Ready Love
Temptations    Hum Along And Dance    Gordy    7102    Unite The World
Temptations    Masterpiece    Tamla Motown (Canadian)    7126    Instrumental
Temptations    Since I've Lost You    Gordy    7086    Don't Let The Joneses Get You Down
Temptations    Bring Your Body Here    Gordy    1666    Love On My Mind Tonight
Temptations    Ain't No Justice    Gordy    7133F    Let You Hair Down
Temptations    I'm The Exception To The Rule    Gordy    7109F    It's Summer
Temptations    Masterpiece    Gordy    7126F    Instrumental
Temptations    Who Are You    Gordy    7152F    Let Me Count The Ways I Love You
Temptations    Hey Girl (I Iike Your Style)    Gordy    7131    Ma
The     King Kong's Back In Town    D&M    74508    You Do
Thelma Houston    You Used To Hold Me Too Tight    MCA    932    Love Is A Dangerous Game
These Gents    Yesterday Standing By    Western World    55101    same
Thomas East & The Fabulous Playboys    Bad Thing    Toddlin' Town    122    That's Why I Can't Stop Loving You
Tommie Young    Do You Still Feel The Same Way    Soul Power    112    Everybody's Got A Little Devil in There soul
Tommy Tate    This Train    Juana    JU 1955    On The Real Side
Tommy Tate    For The Dollar Bill    Juana    JU1950    We Don't
Tommy Tate    I'm Wrapped Up    Sundance    5009    Linger A Little Longer
Toney Lee    Grand Larceny    Critique    723    Going Through The Motions Of Love
Tony Troutman    Your Man Is Home Tonight    T. Main    200    So Glad You're Mine
Tony Troutman    Do It Right    T Main    500    Can't Hold Back My Feelings
Top Shelf    Goin' Thru The Motions    Sound Trek    101    Dracula's Boogie
Top Shelf    Lady Madeline    Sound Trek    10541    Love Is Gone
Transit Authority    You Make My Life So Right    HCRC    31700    Same
Truth    Excedrin Headache #24    Sound of Cleveland    11711    Come Back Home
Twilight 22    Electric Kingdom    Vanguard    35241    same
Tyrone Davis    Are You Serious    Highrise    2005    Overdue
Tyrone Davis    Ever Lovin' Girl    Dakar    4561    Forever
Tyrone Davis    I Can't Bump    Dakar    4553    So Good
Undisputed Truth    California Soul    Gordy    7114    What It Is
Van McCoy    The Disco Kid    H&L    4670    Party
Vin Zee    Funky Bebop    Emergency    4512    same
Violinaires    I'm Satisfied With Jesus    Checker    5065    It Will All Be Over
Voyage    Souvenirs    Marlin    3330    Kechak Fantasy
Voyage    Souvenirs    RCA    50497    Tahiti Tahiti
Walter Jackson    Words (Are Impossible)    Chi-Sound    XW908    Feelings
War    All Day Music    United Artists    UA XW834    Summer
War    Youngblood Living In The Streets    United Artists    X1231Y    Pt2
War    Gypsy Man    United Artists    XW281    Deliver The World
Wardell Piper    Don't Turn Away From Me baby    Midsong    1005    Super Sweet
Warren Lee    Ever Since I've Been Loving You    Deesu    315    Climb The Ladder
Whitney Houston & Jermain Jackson    Shock Me    Arista    9616    Did't We Almost Have It All
Whodini    Magic's Wand    Jive    2004    It's All In Mr Magic's Wand
William DeVaughn    Hold On To Love    Tec    767    Figures Can't Calculate
William Ray    Sammy Lee Pickens    Magic Touch    8011    Corine
Willie Clayton    Dancin'    Kirstee    1011    We're Getting Careless With Our Love
Willie Clayton    Rock You    Good Luck    401    Part 1
Willie Mae Williams w/ the Tones of Joy    God Spared My Life    Angel    1011    Hold Out
Wilson Pickett    Two Women and a Wife    RCA    49    Take A Closer Look at the Womann you're With
Wilson Pickett    Take A Closer Look    RCA    49    Two Women and a Wife
Wilson Pickett    Fire and Water    Atlantic    2852    Pledging My Love
Wilson Pickett    I've Come A Long Way    Atlantic    2484    Jealous Love
Wolfmoon    God Bless    Fungus    15118    My Kinda People
Woodlawn Singers    God Is So Wonderful    Divine    4281    Instrumental
World Premiere    Share The Night    Easy Street    4506    pt 2
Wrecks n Effect    Club Head    Sound of New York    MOT 2025    Rock Steady
XYZ    Too Much Powder in the Keg    Grassroots Records    GR1029 A    You Got To Answer for Yourself
Z.Z. Hill     I'd Think I'd Do It    Mankind    12012    Second Chance

Social source share

I just had a message from Ian Levine who was incredibly proud of the list. He wants to publicly thank Mark Dewell and says how proud he is of that selection at just one pound each. He also says that the new stuff from Detroit is quite different. If anyone wanted a new soul pack who had one previously, then it would be at least 80% different to the one they had earlier.
Social source share