The Sunday Soul Sessions Kettering May 2015

Well done Steve

I see you remembered to take the Dynamic Sounds Orchestra to play this time ! Lol!

Great to see someone play Solid Solution's "It Must Be Love" a great slab of sweet soul usually overshadowed by "Think About It Girl" funnily enough I was talking to the lead vocalist on this track Horace Wilbanks on Friday, I'll send him your playlist he'll be chuffed to bits !!

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Well done Steve

I see you remembered to take the Dynamic Sounds Orchestra to play this time ! Lol!

Great to see someone play Solid Solution's "It Must Be Love" a great slab of sweet soul usually overshadowed by "Think About It Girl" funnily enough I was talking to the lead vocalist on this track Horace Wilbanks on Friday, I send him your playlist he'll be chuffed to bits !!

Dave

Thanks Dave :D yes remembered this time :facepalm: and sounded great in that room. Another great Soul Junction release and look forward to whatever's next. Will be playing the other side next time too. We did play "take me back" here last year as an MP3, but great to now have it on a 45 with better sound quality.

Blimey yes what an LP that is by Solid Solution and much respect to all those who were involved in it. Real shame there was nothing more from them....or is there some unreleased material you're discussing for a poss future release? Now that would be interesting :)

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Troop;

Another night that had me buzzin, great music, great company with more than a dash of real ale.

Here’s what I spun, not in order of play.

Denise Gordon “Wait for your love”

Edwin Starr “Over & Over”

Herbert Hunter “Male me know that I love you”

St Paul & The Broken Bones “Its midnight”

Barbara Jackson “In the sun”

Denetria Chance “I will always love you”

Gee Mack & The Polyester Players “Gotta be movin on”

Uvee Hayes “You make me happy”

Billy Byers “New neighbourhood”

Temptations (Paul Williams) “Last one out is brockenhearted”

Ola Onubule “Soul Train”

NYU Testament “Company Keeper”

R Jones “Who’s love are you”

Chris Canas “We gonna work it out”

Floyd Harvey Robinson “Alright”

Sam Burns “Special Kind of lovin”

Phil Perry “A better man”

Soul On

Gouch

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest phillybuster

Gouch,the temps track is great .Have, had it for a while.Cheers Gary P.

Edited by phillybuster
Social source share

Gouch,the temps track is great .Have, had it for a while.Cheers Gary P.

hello mate;

It was the reason I bought the cd as a new release in 2002, its been a regular play ever since, that series was superb, the Marvin Gaye one was pretty special too.

Gouch

Social source share

Once again I can say I don't know 70% of the tracks, these guys are keeping it fresh alright, great set from Chris, Soul Children he mentions "Midnight Sunshine" and his own play Al Hudson "Almost ain't good enough" amongst others, with that calibre of soul being played, will have to rustle up a party to come down. Great stuff again lads

Kev

Yeah see this is what I mean about going along to a night like this.....

I have AL HUDSON - IM ABOUT LOVING YOU - ATCO and guess whats on the flip side... yes 'Almost aint good enough'

RESULT !!!!!  FANTASTIC !!!!  

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yeah see this is what I mean about going along to a night like this.....

I have AL HUDSON - IM ABOUT LOVING YOU - ATCO and guess whats on the flip side... yes 'Almost aint good enough'

RESULT !!!!!  FANTASTIC !!!!  

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Kev;

One of the reasons this night exists is because I wanted to recreate the Thursday night sessions I was having with Steve in my house and at his, we found a fabulous venue, Steve supplies the kit.......

Careful boss...that does sound a bit dodgy, especially after Len "introduced us" a few years ago....my missus did wonder for a while, probably still does :D  I daren't tell her you had lava lamps going at this latest night!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Here you go Steve!Sounded great on your decks. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris, what a record...they all sounded more than great from where I was standing. Thanks again to you and your Wife (and greyhound!) for travelling all the way over and back from the coast...a good few of the local soul fans around here don't yet know what they're missing :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!