Winnie :-)

E Cigarette Advice Please

Guess there's a few people on here who use them and as I'm considering giving up fags (yet again) thought I might benefit from some advice.

A few questions;

1) best make and model?

2) any flavours recommended?

3) tried e-cigs before very briefly but got headaches, is this normal in the early stages?

4) Traditionally when you stop smoking you put on weight, does the e-cig curtail the cravings for food?

5) I smoke around 20 roll ups a day (Golden Virginia) any suggestions as to what nicotine dosage I might need?

Don't get the ones that look like cigs they are crap.

Get a proper vaping style one, where you need to refill with liquid.

Get two or at least two batteries.

I smoke Golden Virginia too (when out for a pint) and I find 10-12mg strength about right

above that its too strong.

Never used flavours so don't know.

Didn't get headaches.

No food craving for me.

They are a bit harsh when starting up first thing, so i always have 4/5 draws

without inhaling just to get it going.

There are loads of makes, I think you can try them in the shop.

Just pack it in like I did in January (I don`t mean wait until January :D  ) e cigs I found were worse than fags, gave me a horrid cough and I couldn`t get used to em so just finished the packet and haven`t smoked since.

Started on the E cigs 12 months ago---tried most makes and liquids-- found VISION SPINNER to suit me--you can adjust the strength that suits you---flavour wise---im a sucker for the VANILLA CUSTARD---having said all that I have become addicted to it---never got it out of my hand

Started on the E cigs 12 months ago---tried most makes and liquids-- found VISION SPINNER to suit me--you can adjust the strength that suits you---flavour wise---im a sucker for the VANILLA CUSTARD---having said all that I have become addicted to it---never got it out of my hand

A friend of ours who smoked 60 a day for 40 years has quit with an e cig 3 years ago and is still puffing away on it.  :huh:

Bit late in the day advicewise Steve - but if you haven't already done so, shell out fifty quid or so on a decent 'mod' (the bottom bit that provides the power) - see UK vapers site for opinions on suitable devices..

A 'self coiling' atomiser (the top bit that you fill with juice) might set you back 30quid - I found the Kayfun lite design to be dead easy to work out and maintain - aka 'Russian 91%') - the wire is like 4quid for 10metres, and you can use ordinary cotton wool for the wick - that'll last forever - this as opposed to the atomisers that require new coils already manufactured by same company - hideously expensive....

If the mod is powered by lithium '18650' batteries, they're anything between 5 and 10quid a pop, and you'll need a charger (massive price variation)

So call it a oner for the lot - but seriously, this'll kick the shit out of them clearomiser type things - even though there's nothing wrong with 'em for what they cost...

Weight control wise - if you have this going from hand to mouth it neutralises the hand to mouth part of the habit's absent-minded tendency to go via the biscuit tin....

Hope you're off the cigarettes/baccy mate; horrible nasty, sneaky addiction - if you are still struggling inbox me and I'll try to answer any more questions you might have

100quid sounds extortionate I know, but y'know, relative value, compare v cost of 200 cigarettes, it's a bargain.

Biggest negative of 'vaping' (esp. using an obviously well-engineered device) is totally blowing your style points all in one go by producing such an anorakky, dweeb-orientated object when out in public. Star Trekkies and trainspotters will pour scorn on your abysmal stylo from way on high. 

I have no style at all, and appalling dress sense, but even so, I am still reluctant to use my Hana DNA30 chipset box mod/Aspire sub-ohm setup, even when I'm wearing my knitted pullover with 'TWAT' crocheted across the front. Good thing is that I could outrun/jump over any lynch mob cos my chest is great now.

Right, off to show this post to some e-cig companies and demand promo commission fees for my uncommissioned, unwelcome, but sterling freelance work.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.