Rest In Peace Helena Stromdahl

Heard this awful news on Saturday night Sebastian and still in total shock. Used to see Helena a lot at various events over the years and she was often included in our Swedish soul gang going to weekenders and other events.

Devastating news she will be sadly missed by us all.   My deepest condolences to her family and all her friends.  

Rest in peace Helena  Vila i frid

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Oh my.....2015 is turning into one of the worst years....I just don't understand it!

Whilst I didn't know Helena well, I remember hanging out with her a coupla years ago in Manchester for the weekender as well as a great Friday session at the Dulcimer just up the road. She was so full of enthusiasm, and clearly enjoyed this thing called 'soul'....when Helena played, you could tell every single record was borne out of a taste she'd nurtured, and not just picked up an expensive 45 because it was flavour of the month.

My heart goes out to all her family and to those that knew her.

R.I.P. soulful lady.

Here was one of her plays at the Manchester weekend, which saw her dancing away behind the turntables.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What awful news :-(

I bumped into Helena a few weeks ago in Barcelona, having not see her in several years. We gave each other a lovely big hug and I was delighted to see her.

Shocked and very saddened. John & I really liked her.

Condolences to Helena's family and good friends.

Sleep peacefully.

Alison & John 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Oh my.....2015 is turning into one of the worst years....I just don't understand it!

Whilst I didn't know Helena well, I remember hanging out with her a coupla years ago in Manchester for the weekender as well as a great Friday session at the Dulcimer just up the road. She was so full of enthusiasm, and clearly enjoyed this thing called 'soul'....when Helena played, you could tell every single record was borne out of a taste she'd nurtured, and not just picked up an expensive 45 because it was flavour of the month.

My heart goes out to all her family and to those that knew her.

R.I.P. soulful lady.

So Shocked and no age at all. 

Very sorry to hear this Sebastian - my thoughts are with you and her friends & family. 

Pass on my well wishes to Hanna. 

For me, and Liam, she was one of Europe's youngest and finest DJ's and was a treat to have her over in Manchester for the Weekender, and also to Double Deck with her on the Monday session.

Rest In Peace x

FSF_7837-XL.jpg

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
Social source share

post-28021-0-71343300-1430775915_thumb.j

I'm still trying to organize my thoughts over this massive loss to our Scandinavian soul scene. Sadly I really only got to spend time with Helena at soul events here and there, but to see her behind the decks or on a dance floor was to see someone with an immense passion for our music. Getting to know her confirmed it all that much more. Truly a dynamic DJ but even more so, a lightning rod funneling the energy into our small scene and a huge contributor to its presence among the global soul community. It's incredible how many times in traveling to soul events all over Europe a conversation has started along the lines of "Oh you live over there? So you know Helena?" I'm saddened to not be in her presence again, but extremely fortunate to have answered that question "yes" with a smile.

Rest in peace, Helena. My deepest condolences to her family and to so many of you who knew her.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gutted to see this tonight :(

Helena was far too young to leave us and her family and had so much to give .

A girl who always had great taste , no matter what the price tag,she had impeccable taste .

Its so tragic ,but I was actually researching a particular record and that search led me to one of Helena's posts on here from 2007 ,which is the actual bookmark set on my tablet PC to log me into Soulsource .

I am thankful for that and will never delete it now and will always think of her when I log in .

Rest in peace lovely lady and sincerest condolences to Helena's family and very close friends x

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I never knew Helena. We said hello once a few years back but I didn't actually know her. How incredibly sad for someone to go so young. My sympathy goes out to her family and friends….

Social source share

I never met Helena in person but over the years we traded, bought records from each other and chatted. She was a strong beautiful woman with great passion and taste. What a huge loss for her family and friends to have her leave so young. There are so few female DJ's and one best has gone way too soon.

My deepest condolences to her nearest and dearest.

Social source share

A girl just full of soul passion.... Such sad sad news.....

I remember one night at Soul Revolution in our little upstairs room.. I was playing some chill out stuff and Helena came over to say how much she liked this track...

Edited by little-stevie
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Helena's passing is a shock and saddening

Bright, fun to be with, at times a mischievous imp and a friend. I will miss her, others will write glowing tributes to her great skills as a person, doctor, DJ etc I'd just like to wish her happiness on all her travels and remember her like this having fun with us all in Bamberg a few years ago ......................

post-3008-0-16607000-1430814532_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Very sad & very shocked.

I'll never forget a wonderful bank holiday weekend when Helena, Hanna & Ady Lupton came up to my house.

We went to the Orwell on the Friday, Sheridans on the Saturday & Wigan Cricketers on the Sunday, plus during the days plenty of dog walking.

Perfect guests & everything they ate was replaced, which I insisted wasn't neccesary but they insisted that it was.

The highlight of the weekend however was when my old dog Daisy was chasing the girls around my back garden, myself & Ady were in stiches of laughter. Helena will be in heaven now & Daisy will be chasing her once more then they'll go our for a walk.

Sincere condolences to all Helenas family & friends, she was lovely & will be sadly missed.

RIP Helana, god bless, MarkXX.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest karen b

Pete just called me from work to tell me this news. Hard to take in, we have lots of memories to smile about when the tears dry.

Love to family and friends.

Karen and Pete xxx

Social source share

We are heartbroken with the loss of Helena. We first met in Frankfurt some 12/13 yrs ago and her enthusiasm & energy was obvious to all who met her, we watched her grow both as a woman & in her taste of music to a point where she started to play & run clubs in her home town of Malmo. A loss of any of our soul friends hits hard but on this occasion the pain is a little deeper. R.I.P Helena x x

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Such a difficult message to write Sebastian...but you did it so eloquently. I can't confess to have known Helena well - our paths first crossed back in 2002 when I DJ'ed in Gothenberg, but there was always a smile and a knowing nod when we did see each other.

One things for sure, the continental European Soul doos are an important part of the worldwide Northern Soul jigsaw puzzle...music breaking down any geographical barriers and friendships forming across the miles...touching each others lives...and Helena did that as proven by the many messages of condolence from around the world on here/FB.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

wherever she is  now she has taken some fabulous soulfull  vibes with her but kindly  left us some as well........... i seem to think i have met the lady at some stage  but not sure................ no matter .......r.i.p................ ez

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!