Billy Harner - I Got It From Heaven - Sound Gems

Don't have time to scan it but what do you need to know about it?

Would just like to see it Steve because there appear to be no photos whatsoever of the record on the net and none listed on popsike or collectors frenzy, discogs and the other usual media places. Literally nothing (that I can see or find).

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't a copy go missing in the post, between Richard and Sam... Or someone or other, many moons ago?

Can't remember the detail. Big Thorne record at the time.

Pretty awful record in comparison to most big tunes of the time (Corey Blake, Bobby Reed, Tony Lampkin etc.)

Sean

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Frank Fioravanti has actually posted a comment on the youtube clip for this. He did a few records on Bill Harner, at least one of which went on to get national release. 

I agree with the comments regarding the record's quality. Maybe a standard-bearer in the rarity-over-quality debate, although it is genuinely scarce.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Never seen the appeal of this record, other than its rarity.  Nice start, but when the vocals kick in it sounds like Black Lace singing disco at a karaoke

To me it sounds better loud in a venue, than at home!

Social source share

It does grow on you after a few plays….

I f##king love it... always have... always wanted it.. ever since having it on a searling tape from the 80s... when john auctioned it I was tempted to bid but thought it would sell for more than it did... was a long time ago when johns auctions were still on paper I think

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!