C/u

It's the height of folly to buy something advertised as a cover-up if you don't know what it is.

Agreed. Let's hope nobody does.

I don't buy the argument that because someone lacks knowledge or common sense it's ok to exploit them. That despicable specimen has to be one of the most cynical and unethical record sellers around.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest brivinyl

Someone's having a laugh covering this up and asking that price.  Can be picked up for between £15 and £25 without searching around too much. 

Social source share

It was included in one of Ian Dewhirsts projects from three years ago - there was a lengthy discussion about it on here I even highlighted that particular track...

Mind I was very pleased to see my $5 investment grow to £500!!  

It is a very good record though - its's only fault is the harmonica - never liked it on Soul records :o)

Edited by Mike Lofthouse
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

It sounded brilliant played on a big system in the back of a pub a few months ago, the first record I chose that night and had some interest....but like most things, not for big rooms or for dancers and certainly not for covering up or trying to sell for more than twenty quid.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Someone's having a laugh covering this up and asking that price.  Can be picked up for between £15 and £25 without searching around too much. 

maybe but this whole dealer's shtick seems, inexplicably, to bite the hand that feeds it. this just makes the seller look both foolish and greedy. 

if people  fall prey then its their own fault really. but really will anyone? doubt it.

Edited by JNixon
Social source share

A copy spiked on ebay not so long ago around the $80 mark, and I thought that was steep. I like it.....nice little stepper. That said, it's a $20 record on a sizable label. A 500 quid price tag is insanity.

The irony is ,because of this post ,it will probably now go for 10 times its usual price ,so big up to Henning for getting you lot to plug his spare and rarenorthernsoul C/U !
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Anyone know what his Charlie Thomas c/u is?

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-70s-80s/36995/patience-cu/#product

Ummm, 'Unknown & unlisted, possibly only known copy'??? Somebody isn't doing very much research and blurting out false sales pitches.

Hear it here, track 19, from DCGS pt. 42.

https://www.mixcloud.com/gregbelson/divine-chord-gospel-show-pt-42-xmas-edition-2014/

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The irony is ,because of this post ,it will probably now go for 10 times its usual price ,so big up to Henning for getting you lot to plug his spare and rarenorthernsoul C/U !

I doubt it - its not 'that good' and it can't be that rare, even I have a copy! 

I've just had a flick through my records, are the 'Fantastic Violinaires' the same as the 'Violinaires' of "Groovin with Jesus' fame?

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
Social source share

Ummm, 'Unknown & unlisted, possibly only known copy'??? Somebody isn't doing very much research and blurting out false sales pitches.

https://www.mixcloud.com/gregbelson/divine-chord-gospel-show-pt-42-xmas-edition-2014/

The trouble is you don't see these guys on the so called shop floor, they don't really have a clue what is happening as far as DJ's and current in demand spins is concerned apart from word of mouth and what someone who wishes to sell them something tells them.  You see it with the blurb/spin on many sales items.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The trouble is you don't see these guys on the so called shop floor, they don't really have a clue what is happening as far as DJ's and current in demand spins is concerned apart from word of mouth and what someone who wishes to sell them something tells them.  You see it with the blurb/spin on many sales items.

But surely all these people have to do is Google the record they have, which they think is rare or might be worth covering up - so in this instance, this specific record comes up on Gregs playlists, on collector-frenzy as well as a few forums etc. 

#researchfail

Social source share

But surely all these people have to do is Google the record they have, which they think is rare or might be worth covering up - so in this instance, this specific record comes up on Gregs playlists, on collector-frenzy as well as a few forums etc. 

#researchfail

Most of the topics on any forum can be avoided with a quick google.  But some just hear that such and such is playing such and such and common sense seems to disappear out the window, along with prices.

Some just pray on the idleness of some just like insurance companies, hoping people won't go to go compare and just take their word  :wicked:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Well if anyone wants a copy I'll flog you one. I'll knock a nought off and call it £50, the only thing is you'll have to wait a few weeks coz I need to buy it from the states for $10 and wait for delivery.

Yes its that rare!!!!! :shhh:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

#researchfail

Never Knock anyone for finding new music for the scene but some people just end up being the centre of there own universe and a leg-end in their own mind :hypo:

Social source share

#researchfail

I don't think mixcloud playlists show up in google - just saying like. 

Social source share

I don't think mixcloud playlists show up in google - just saying like.

True - But it was Gregs 'dublab' lab page which has it listed.

However, if I was speaking about mixcloud specifically, you again only have to type the record into mixcloud itself to see who else has it/played it.

And that result comes up amongst Amazon, last FM and ITunes, all of which produce results re this record, so you get my point :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Looking at the Rafa club playlist recently, there were 3 or 4 in amongst the usual top sounds so there must be a good few still about. 

I'm sure the Lifeliner's have a fair few between them, but it is a funny one though, because someone somewhere will know it. Mr Fish, who has excellent records posted up a Fish C/U on Facebook last year and I sent him a PM straight away. So you have to be very confident in the record to do it. 

You can't fault people for trying though - keeps things exciting. I sold one last year, put it on FB, got good cash, no one seemed to know it, but Greg sent me a PM - knew it straight away and sold his as a result. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!