Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Pete S

Toilet Seat

Standard toilet seat fittings, but I don't know where the four bits at the bottom go! Plastic washers and small dome shaped things - anyone tell me which order this lot go in, I obviously got it wrong before because our toilet seat slipped and slided all over the place - anyone?

11112227_10153370050226929_7318525770514

Standard toilet seat fittings, but I don't know where the four bits at the bottom go! Plastic washers and small dome shaped things - anyone tell me which order this lot go in, I obviously got it wrong before because our toilet seat slipped and slided all over the place - anyone?

11112227_10153370050226929_7318525770514

Pete, they're washers.  The two flat ones go on top of the pan, beneath the two flat washers with the two holes in, both beneath the seat hinge.  The conical washers go beneath the nylon nuts, underneath the pan.  Hope this makes sense.

Fecking priceless, only on soul source, did you find the

extra bits at the bottom of a beetroot jar ?.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Edited by Kegsy

Pete, they're washers.  The two flat ones go on top of the pan, beneath the two flat washers with the two holes in, both beneath the seat hinge.  The conical washers go beneath the nylon nuts, underneath the pan.  Hope this makes sense.

It does Steve but what threw me was those washers bottom left, if they go underneath the plastic ones at the top, they block one of the two holes off

It does Steve but what threw me was those washers bottom left, if they go underneath the plastic ones at the top, they block one of the two holes off

Just use the hole in the centre of the plastic washer, so you have the stud screwed into the fixed part of the seat hinge, which then goes through the central hole in the plastic washer, then the rubber washer, through the hole in the pan, and where the stud comes out the bottom, place the conical washer on, cone side goes into the hole, then the nylon nut tightens it all up.

Perhaps it's a "male only" toilet seat ?.

Edited by Kegsy

Fitting these toilet seats is no laughing matter, I had the pleasure of fitting one on bank holiday monday, nearly did me head in, was that tricky to get to the fittings I needed a stool to finish the job properly.

Pete hope it's fitted by now, just remember the most important bit, put the seat down when you've finished or you may not be fitting it but wearing it.

Spot.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts