Mike profile photo

Members And Ex-members Crashing Site

Posted

after the long run hassle of site constantly crashing and such

set up something that reports and stops any visitors who constantly tries to view the same page over and over again

after setting it up it within a hour reported that one long time members pc was doing this and

also a visitor's pc who has the same setup as a ex-member

as understand that there may be a perfectly innocent reason why it was reporting this

ask that all members and any ex-members reading this check their browsers and the way they use site

thanks

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

What do you mean mike... like a bot purposefully recaching pages over and over to slow the site down etc?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

after the long run hassle of site constantly crashing and such

set up something that reports and stops any visitors who constantly tries to view the same page over and over again

after setting it up it within a hour reported that one long time members pc was doing this and

also a visitor's pc who has the same setup as a ex-member

as understand that there may be a perfectly innocent reason why it was reporting this

ask that all members and any ex-members reading this check their browsers and the way they use site

thanks

Mike

Would it be possible to inform anyone who seems to be doing this? Isn't possible for someone to have their PC / account 'borrowed' to perform a DOS attack on the site?

Strangley, sometime I have returned to my PC to find half a dozen new tabs open for the site, but none of which I would have opened even when well p*ssed e.g old flyers etc

ta.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

Dear oh dear... if the IT literate members of soul-source are sad enough to launch DDos attacks on a soul website they're pretty pathetic aren't they thumbsup.gif

They'll be tracked down by stats serverside I should imagine, not getting away with it for very long.

Share this forum post

soul source url
  1. My Computer keeps crashing ?
    Freebasing by Swifty on Wed 11 May 2016
    • 7 / 875
    • SWIFTY on 15 May 2016
  2. Members Accounts Clean Up - Only Active Members
    Events Archive by Mike on Sun 17 Sep 2006
    • 1 / 750
    • mike on 17 Sep 2006
  3. Gallery - Members albums 2017 - Now Members albums Events
    Site Stuff by Mike on Thu 04 Jan 2018
    • 1 / 1009
    • mike on 04 Jan 2018
  4. Odds - Members Ranks-help Needed
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Thu 07 Oct 2004
    • 50 / 2399
    • on 15 Oct 2004
  5. The Servicemen, Who Are The Members?
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Sat 15 Sep 2007
    • 33 / 2425
    • on 24 Jan 2013
  6. Sixteen Members Birthdays Today
    Freebasing by Guest gfarrington on Wed 03 Jul 2013
    • 1 / 466
    • gfarrington on 03 Jul 2013

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.