Egg And Chicken

• Replies 4
  • Views 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest son of stan

When i first heard it (mid/late 80s) the one on abc if considered in that way at all, was considered a 70s 'northern' record. It stood out a bit because it was popular alongside sixties newies Would also get played at 70s / modern dos.

'Modern' meant new or recent release in those days...

The one on Boola-Boola was commonly bought by mistake and never played anywhere. Had one in my sales box for about 10 years..then it languished in my shed for another ten. Was very surprised by how much i got for it in the end as i don't think it is bad but not all that great or danceable.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Guest son of stan

PS I don't think there is that much in it between when the two records were done. Can't remember where i read it..a matter of months.

Social source share

Heard the ABC version 1st at Wigan and picked up a copy soon after, played alongside Fantastic Johnny C,  Eloise Laws and the Anderson Brothers and sat comfortably amidst the monster 60s tunes of the day. Not typically northern but possessing enough of a bassline to make it dance able and that unmistakable opening guitar riff. First copy I owned was on very heavy vinyl, I have a styrene press now. Great Record.

The ABC version is a re-recording of the Boola Boola release that was a local Bay Area hit causing ABC to pick up the group

its a pity the other release Hanging on to a Lie wasn't put on the b side what an awesome double sider that would be. 

Social source share

As said Boola Boola first, local release.  I had the Boola Boola one mid to late 80's, was playing it out but it cleared the floor.  When I tried to sell it I couldn't give it away, took two years or so to shift it and that was in trades.  I actually prefer the Boola Boola release.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!