Vynil Collection Rip

Guest johnny hart

Guest johnny hart

Could do with a bit of humour! when you die ,pop your clogs,etc, What would you do with those precious records?  And what are they worth?      Me ; Wife hates them ,ditto offspring, so auction them with "Manny s"  and the funds £5,000, to AA.

Social source share

A tombola would be a nice idea....any ticket ending in 0 or 5 wins, £20 a go with the chance of getting anything from a four figure 45 to a £4  45, or sweet fcuk all.....

Edited by Mace
Social source share

A tombola would be a nice idea....any ticket ending in 0 or 5 wins, £20 a go with the chance of getting anything from a four figure 45 to a £4  45, or sweet fcuk all.....

Mace, iv'e read this about 20 times now, i still can't fathom it :elvis:

Social source share

A tombola raffle...where you get a book of raffle tickets and stick those ending in 0 or 5 on random records worth anything from a few quid to a few thousand......you then put the matching halves in the tombola drum along with the other tickets ending in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and people pay £20 a go to pull a random ticket out of the tombola....if they pull a ticket ending in 0 or 5 they get the record that has the matching ticket attached, regardless of value...if they pull any tickets ending in 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 they win fcuk all.......

Edited by Mace
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

They can chuck mine in the skip as far as I'm concerned , no point in worrying once I've snuffed it. I expect Tom will have my northern and reggae , Ben will have my heavy metal and punk and Leon will have my house / jazzfunk . My swing , big band and jazz 78's will probably go on ebay. Regards Shaggy from scoobie doo.

Social source share

If anyone wants to make me a cash donation now, I will make sure they get written in to my will, that goes for my scooter as well, can't say fairer than that.

At least I would get the benefit now methinks, buggar the family

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So thats where you go on week nights, local bingo hall :rofl:

I live a full life!......I'm more surprised Nige Astles didn't know what one was as Brav reckons he normally does the meat raffle during his spot....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Baby earl

Can't believe you guys don't know what a tombola is.......??? 

That's me educated Mace, always thought a tombola was a hat for a cat

Social source share

A tombola raffle...where you get a book of raffle tickets and stick those ending in 0 or 5 on random records worth anything from a few quid to a few thousand......you then put the matching halves in the tombola drum along with the other tickets ending in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and people pay £20 a go to pull a random ticket out of the tombola....if they pull a ticket ending in 0 or 5 they get the record that has the matching ticket attached, regardless of value...if they pull any tickets ending in 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 they win fcuk all.......

not like a meat raffle then ?
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

vinyl in french ! 

No it's not, it's Vinyl in silly online hipster speak. :lol:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

There's a few I'm not leaving behind!!! There going to the other side with me.

The family have strict instructions which ones they are. Each one has its own significance.

You won't need vinyl when your gone cos most of the artists will be there to perform the tunes in spirit, you wouldn't like the labels on the vinyl to become worm food would you?

Besides your relatives may need to auction the records before your demise to pay the care home fees.

10+ years time the vinyl which is currently valuable will probably be a hell of a lot cheaper as many of the collectors will  be retired, have fallen from the perch or be in care homes. Allnighters will be a thing of the past and those still with the energy etc will be going to the afternoon tea dance.  

Social source share

Why leave records to children who don't like the music let alone the vinyl format? Far better to make plans for records to go to people who will play them, enjoy them and care for them. Auction them off in you want the money - kids usually prefer this strategy. Give them to a mate - great strategy to teach kids not to take the mick out of soul music. Finally, if some bloke can leave two Ferraris to the RNLI, maybe record collections could be donated to Soul Source so they can be shared out to members on a first come, first served basis...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!