Pete S

Turntable / Deck Help Needed

I bought this deck yesterday, "Kam", direct drive, was only £15 as it was missing it's headshell but anyway for £15 I thought it might come in handy, problem is, I just unplugged the leads from the Stanton (the red and white leads), stuck them in the Kam deck, but there was barely any audible sound, you had to turn the volume right up to hear anything - put the leads back in the Stanton and it's deafening at the volume I had to turn it up to.  So my question - can anyone tell me why there's hardly any sound coming out and how I fix it, or what to try?  Cheers.

Just googled Stanton decks, most of them have a built in pre-amp for magnetic cartridges, the Kam deck doesn't so the difference in output, need to go through a mixer, or pre-amp or into a amp with magnetic cartridge input.  :thumbsup:

Hi Pete,

Is the Stanton connected to the 'Phono/turntable' input on the amplifier? If it is, I can't really give you a helpful answer.

However, if the answer is 'no' and the Stanton is connected to a Line Level input (Tape, CD, Tuner, Aux etc) then a possible answer is that the Stanton has a built in Phono pre-amp stage that boosts the output signal to that of a Line Level source. It is highly likely that the Kam turntable has a standard phono output signal that requires connection to a Phono level input.

Andrew

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.