Tamala Lewis Sells For $170!?

Guest illtalbeats

Guest illtalbeats

Kicking myself I didn't see this last week, but it looks to be an OG Tamala Lewis sold for a fraction of what it normally does?

https://www.popsike.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-TAMALA-LEWIS-YOU-WONT-SAY-NOTHING-CLINTON-US-VINYL-SINGLE-NM/251935725950.html

Can anyone confirm if it's not a boot from the pic?  If it is real, has demand gone that far down or just a fluke? 

Social source share

Initial thoughts....

Nothing to suggest this is a photocopied label in the description

What blue boot? didn't know there was one....

Why so few views for such a potentially big ticket item? Was it a short time listing?

Gutted if i'd missed this..........big time want

Social source share

Guest illtalbeats

post-34351-0-86031500-1431357711_thumb.j

If you look closely, looks like the upper portion of the label has some black on it (which would indicate it was a scan).  

However, I always thought the boot had a raised/ribbed edge
post-34351-0-18560200-1431357850_thumb.j

I've never seen either in person though so no idea  :unsure:

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I'd say it's a boot , if you look at the inner rim of the label around the hole it looks a  little oval and miss sharpened especially on the b side . I could be wrong . regards S.

Social source share

Kicking myself I didn't see this last week, but it looks to be an OG Tamala Lewis sold for a fraction of what it normally does?

https://www.popsike.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-TAMALA-LEWIS-YOU-WONT-SAY-NOTHING-CLINTON-US-VINYL-SINGLE-NM/251935725950.html

Can anyone confirm if it's not a boot from the pic?  If it is real, has demand gone that far down or just a fluke? 

Here it is a first time...

https://www.popsike.com/Tamala-Lewis-You-wont-say-nothing-Marton/291025709127.html

Social source share

Guest illtalbeats

Ahhhh... I feel better about missing it then  :)   Still, $170 for a boot?  Seems a bit much when the Orange boot usually goes for $25-$30.

Social source share

Stuck on labels really suck... In the long run, this has got to be the worst thing that could happen to record collecting. At least you (usually) know where you stand when you buy a plain bootleg. Selling counterfeit records with fake labels added, and marketed to deceive the unwary is bound to cause problems somewhere along the way.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Stuck on labels really suck... In the long run, this has got to be the worst thing that could happen to record collecting. At least you (usually) know where you stand when you buy a plain bootleg. Selling counterfeit records with fake labels added, and marketed to deceive the unwary is bound to cause problems somewhere along the way.

Says the guy with a counterfeit name.  :lol:

Unless of course your actual name is Frankie Crocker in which case I apologise unreservedly.  :P

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Says the guy with a counterfeit name.  :lol:

Unless of course your actual name is Frankie Crocker in which case I apologise unreservedly.  :P

Ian D  

Who says I'm a guy? Now you really have hurt my feelings... Back on topic, what's your view on selling and buying counterfeit records that have had false labels Pritt Sticked on?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest illtalbeats

So is there an actual blue look-a-like bootleg or are all those copies simply the orange boot with a stuck on label?

Social source share

Who says I'm a guy? Now you really have hurt my feelings... Back on topic, what's your view on selling and buying counterfeit records that have had false labels Pritt Sticked on?

Sorry madame. Deffo not into counterfeit records that have been pritt-sticked with false labels. Designed to deceive.

I used to be called Frankie too....... :lol:

Ian D :)

Social source share

Sorry madame. Deffo not into counterfeit records that have been pritt-sticked with false labels. Designed to deceive.

I used to be called Frankie too....... :lol:

Ian D :)

So did you have the op too? I like a person who is frank. I know a girl in Wales called Nia which would be a good name for someone called Ian. My nan used to get her sausages from Dewhirsts. 

Please darling, no more apologies.

Francine C'Rocker (Ms)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!