Esther Phillips - Brother Brother

It first appeared legitimately on the Esther Phillips Anthology CD on Soul Brother, I think.

No Daved -  it first appeared legitimately on a re-issue of 'Home Is where the Heart is' as an additional track - Japanese  I think - the Soul Brother release was way way down the line....

• Helpful 3
Social source share

No Daved -  it first appeared legitimately on a re-issue of 'Home Is where the Heart is' as an additional track - Japanese  I think - the Soul Brother release was way way down the line....

As far as I am aware it was first out on the 1988 US CBS CD "From a whisper to a scream" as a previously unreleased track. (Which does contain "Home is where the hatred is" - I think that's what Mike was thinking of?)

post-5094-0-00478800-1431475840_thumb.jp

post-5094-0-31021100-1431475876_thumb.jp

Although, there does appear to be a CD on Discogs released in Holland which is dated 1987, but I can't imagine that being correct, plus they don't show any images which would confirm that.

The Soul Brother Anthology release, which was not until 2003, but was probably the first time the track appeared on vinyl.

Some 15 years after the CD was released...

Social source share

As far as I am aware it was first out on the 1988 US CBS CD "From a whisper to a scream" as a previously unreleased track. (Which does contain "Home is where the hatred is" - I think that's what Mike was thinking of?)

attachicon.gifEsther Phillips From a whisper to a scream CD Front.jpg

attachicon.gifEsther Phillips From a whisper to a scream CD back.jpg

That's the CD I've always played it from John

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!