Fluffs Forgotten Oldie Of The Day

Wiganer1

Wishing and hoping,,,,

Only heard this the other week when a mate played it off a cd ,,

WOW ....just got a copy on vault but think it also came out on paula..

either way,,,what a super record thats got everything in my book,,soulful voice..catchy horn chorus and 'ever again' clapping bit...

u can hear following shortcut https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Billy_Keene..._And_Hoping.ram

not sure of its roots ,,,mecca/wigan/stafford???

anyone else like it???

regards

mark

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brilliant track. Not sure where or even if it was ever played anywhere, I first bought it (on Paula) in the late 80's after hearing it on a tape

One of the many early tape swoppers tunes from early 80's, I think Tommo from Leicesters legendary first tape for me, was kind of thing you would probably hear at soul night round Preston way but not much else, agree Pete its a great record, and, I assume, still relatively cheap?

Cheers

Jock

Edited by jocko
Social source share

One of the many early tape swoppers tunes from early 80's, I think Tommo from Leicesters legendary first tape for me, was kind of thing you would probably hear at soul night round Preston way but not much else, agree Pete its a great record, and, I assume, still relatively cheap?

Cheers

Jock

Jock

One of the Dundee boys used to play this out. Definitely - John MacDonald, Ali or one of the other Genna's DJs.

Hammy

Social source share

Think you'd "feel" the difference hearing coming out of a big rig :thumbsup:

Very true. I played this at the last Central Soul Club. Brilliant record! Picked up a spare yesterday (on Vault). If some needs a copy then e-mail me. Not too sure what it's worth now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!