simon t

Smart Phone Q's ?

Q1.  A friend has sold her Samsung Galaxy G6 and wants to

1. back up her pictures, music contacts etc

2. clear all her stuff off and 'wipe' the phone

I've exported the contacts to a 'contacts.vcf' file and moved it and the music and picture files with windows explorer to a memory stick. I presume all I need to do is some kind of factory re-set, is there a fail-safe way to do it?

Q2. How do you get all the above stuff on to a iPOD 5

TIA

They will need to unsync the phone too otherwise whoever they pass the phone onto will still receive their notifications (Ebay, Gmail, etc). Easy enough to do, just go into settings and click unsync. That's from memory though so it could be a little different

Samsung do or did the worst software ever.  Our lass had a samsung and that crock of sh*te Samsung Kies back up software was one of the worst piesces of software I've ever had to use.  Someone mentioned another program that I installed which was pretty good but I can't remember the name.

They will need to unsync the phone too otherwise whoever they pass the phone onto will still receive their notifications (Ebay, Gmail, etc). Easy enough to do, just go into settings and click unsync. That's from memory though so it could be a little different

Hi Joan, I can't find that, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Go into the phones settings and look for restore and restore to factory settings to wipe it.

I've found that, I presume I do it last in a Father Dougal type manner.

Hi Joan, I can't find that, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Hi Simon, I knew you'd say that and I have no idea how I did it now lol

I upgraded from the S3 to S5 and despite taking everything off notifications kept being sent to the phone (Ebay etc). Like I said not sure what I did, could have been settings, then accounts? Maybe a quick Google?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.