Holy Grail- 45- "angel Baby" - Garland Green - Mca -Australian Issue

Guest stevie frear

Guest stevie frear

Done and dusted now, I still have the great 45,and glad to share it and the story [not sneakly keep it too myself in private}  and yes find out what its worth would be rude not too,everyone doe's at some point.

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

The curiosity value of the record was certainly interesting enough, if you're into that sort of thing. What I found bizarre was the descent into abuse between the thread starter and the Aussie label collecting punter who wanted to buy it, amongst other things.

Hope that clarifies folks. Back to your on-topic musings!!

Done and dusted now, I still have the great 45,and glad to share it and the story [not sneakly keep it too myself in private}  and yes find out what its worth would be rude not too,everyone doe's at some point.

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

some people do like rare original formats..i certainly think you`d get £100 for it..the fact that the orig usa 45 is cheap maybe would keep it down in price

Turned down 200 been offered more,Dint wanna sell in the begining really i mean i've had it twenty year well unless someone offered some real silly money of course i'd sell then. Thanks anyway Dave for your positive comment,

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Dave's hit in bang on. I'd have thought most long term collectors have also got 'collections within collections' and that's something that also adds to the FUN element that Dave referred to. Within todays collecting scene with almost everyone in it for 'DJing purposes', sometimes it's forgotten that it's meant to be fun!  

I was once asked 'Why would you buy 45s that you don't particularly like', my answer was exactly that... cos it's fun trying to build up labels, or find all the cardboard discs, or the Motown Little LPs or the Philco 5 inchers, etc etc.

I have records from as diverse locations as India, Taiwan, Israel, Yugoslavia and just about all points in between. Are some of them worth out? Who cares..... they look great when you dig em out.  AND... the hunt never stops, it's organic, now THAT's what you call a hobby! ;-)

Regards,

Dave

Great comments plain and simple Thanks Dave

Social source share

Well I think you should sell it to me, Stevie - for £100 (plus p&p).

BUT..

With the guarantee of 'peace of mind', due to the fact I would be making the purchase solely on behalf of my lovely wife - who rates Mr Green as one of her all time fave artists, and who NEVER unloads her vinyl delights (not by choice at least), purely based on the fact that each and every disc she owns has special memories attached - people, places, times, events, etc. For her to unload any  of her vinyl pieces would be tantamount to sacrilege in her eyes, a massive injustice to her own beliefs, and a total disrespect to those aforementioned memories/reasons for treasuring an item in the first place! 

So a home where it would be treasured - just as if it were a child delivered through birth.. A home where it would be revered for an eternity (at least).. A home where it would be guarded more closely than even the Crown Jewels..  What better home could there possibly be?

The knowledge that you have entrusted the safety and future of this iconic piece to a caretaker of my wife's ethos and pedigree is something you simply cannot equate in terms of monetary value.. Priceless !!

So, Stevie...

Is that a deal then?  :rofl: 

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Well I think you should sell it to me, Stevie - for £100 (plus p&p).

BUT..

With the guarantee of 'peace of mind', due to the fact I would be making the purchase solely on behalf of my lovely wife - who rates Mr Green as one of her all time fave artists, and who NEVER unloads her vinyl delights (not by choice at least), purely based on the fact that each and every disc she owns has special memories attached - people, places, times, events, etc. For her to unload any  of her vinyl pieces would be tantamount to sacrilege in her eyes, a massive injustice to her own beliefs, and a total disrespect to those aforementioned memories/reasons for treasuring an item in the first place! 

So a home where it would be treasured - just as if it were a child delivered through birth.. A home where it would be revered for an eternity (at least).. A home where it would be guarded more closely than even the Crown Jewels..  What better home could there possibly be?

The knowledge that you have entrusted the safety and future of this iconic piece to a caretaker of my wife's ethos and pedigree is something you simply cannot equate in terms of monetary value.. Priceless !!

So, Stevie...

Is that a deal then?  :rofl: 

No deal sorry, he says wiping his tear stained face. Wonderful comments thanks, How about £1000 ! There put some  tears in yours now :rofl:  hee hee, Like i said its not for sale turned 200 down and private offer of more. Kind regards  too you and your lovely wife.

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Wouldn't it just be an idea to put it up for offers in sales !!! Reading through your posts  Steve you seem to be trying to hype it up and really angling for a sale

Of course but still not selling it,cheers

Social source share

No deal sorry, he says wiping his tear stained face. Wonderful comments thanks, How about £1000 ! There put some  tears in yours now :rofl:  hee hee, Like i said its not for sale turned 200 down and private offer of more. Kind regards  too you and your lovely wife.

Stevie, Mate..

Me - personally, would happily offer you the £1k (huh, it's only money, eh?) - a lifetime of just looking at it would more than recompense any outlay of that magnitude. But - alas... NAY! :no:  :no:  Unfortunately, the miserly excuse for a housekeeping budget allowed my Good Lady  severely restricts her single item spending power (lest she amass a better collection than I..)- with purchases limited by the figure beggingly previously quoted  :rolleyes:  :shades: 

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Wtf? Private conversation?!! Don't you dare paste my private conversations from Facebook over the net, take it down Steve pls..

Malcolm

Sorry should have asked first but we were only discusing  the story of a 45 and you trying to buy it from me not planing anything ilegal ?

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest johnny hart

Hi Senor Stevie Frear as obscure foreign issue Motown collector[Yes i fit the profile deported to espana on pension seek out NS cheapies which i have done in 8 years,virtually got the lot ,plus LPs watch this space will be selling soon!] Moved to Australian issues result; recent purchases discogs ,ebay {non Northern dealers,but their sale values in brackets ;  1 , " AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH" = Supremes &tempts {£150] , "DONT MAKE HURTIN ME A HABIT" =Marvelettes [£15 ] ."YOUR LOVES GOT ME BURNIN ALIVE" Paul Petersen {£20} ,"THIS WILL BE THE DAY " Supremes{£30] .All  In Mint Minus in Aus tmo sleeves; The price under a Fiver for each one !   As wise old owl flynny { best cd compilation ever "Sought After Soul"]} Cancel the holiday to the Bahamas  "Angel baby " is agreat record but just because its on a strange lable does not automatically spell sunshine ,Great thread  LOl Johnny Malaga Spain,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!