Capsoul Records Related

I recently found a cheap copy ($20) of Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum and Durr “Your Love…” on Capsoul (CS 22). The record is in great shape and easily qualifies for an EX or NM grade but when I went to play it, I noticed the volume was very low. The sound quality wasn’t necessarily poor once I turned up the gain a good amount more on the mixer, but it’s very low in comparison to other records. I don’t have any other Capsoul records to compare the volume but I’m certain I will be looking to purchase others in the future. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this or other Capsoul releases? I suppose I was somewhat disappointed because I would've liked this to have a "punchier" type of sound quality. 

-Chris

Social source share

i have about 4 singles on that label and have never noticed that. 

i recommend you get yourself a copy of JHTD's "you can't blame me" next...

ps - the only time i had that problem (of something sounding weirdly low/weak) was when my cartridge had come a bit loose on the tone arm

Social source share

You can't blame me is the flip to Your love keeps drawing me closer - both great tunes.  I have 4 capsoul 45's and they all play loud and clear.

Try JHTD - You're all I need to make it / A world without you - Capsoul -  both sides superb group soul.

Adam

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I recently found a cheap copy ($20) of Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum and Durr “Your Love…” on Capsoul (CS 22). The record is in great shape and easily qualifies for an EX or NM grade but when I went to play it, I noticed the volume was very low. The sound quality wasn’t necessarily poor once I turned up the gain a good amount more on the mixer, but it’s very low in comparison to other records. I don’t have any other Capsoul records to compare the volume but I’m certain I will be looking to purchase others in the future. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this or other Capsoul releases? I suppose I was somewhat disappointed because I would've liked this to have a "punchier" type of sound quality. 

-Chris

Great label from Ohio, I have about 8 singles on this label and all play great, all are easily obtainable  and relatively cheapish apart from kook blues- can we try love again £250 ish maybe more on a good day, good one to get is Marion black - who knows, a finger snapping cool number.

numero uno also done a compilation LP called ?.?, can't remember sorry, 

atb phil

Social source share

You can't blame me is the flip to Your love keeps drawing me closer - both great tunes.  I have 4 capsoul 45's and they all play loud and clear.

Try JHTD - You're all I need to make it / A world without you - Capsoul -  both sides superb group soul.

Adam

haha! i never noticed! 

i should learn to flip records more.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

numero uno also done a compilation LP called ?.?, can't remember sorry,

atb phil

It's called...wait for it...'The Capsoul Label' :)

Social source share

Got 3 by the Four Mints, "You want to come back" "Row my boat" and "Can't get strung out" all with great flips aswell, all play loud and clear, 3 great records and all pretty easy to get, looks like a quality label

Hi Kev;

I recently landed The Four Mints "You want to come back" on Holiday, a slightly different mix but so well worth it.

Gouch

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!