The Tams – This Precious Moment 7"

Guest Laura Preminger
Go to solution Solved by Guest Ivor Jones,

Guest Laura Preminger

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me to see things clearer with Tams - This Precious Moment ...

I am aware of different presses and versions :

I know about a 1982 Supreme belgian press which song I love.

Then, there are two different takes on 1978 yellow Sounds South label : one with sax in it, one with violins (the same version as the belgian press).

And I am a bit clueless when it comes to the 1978 red Sounds South press ... How many takes are they with this one ?

I think part of the answer is in the cat# number : according to discogs, there are two numbers for each press (red and yellow) : S0 14098 and S0 14099.

I want to buy the violin version, how the hell should I proceed ?

Social source share

My yellow One is/was different than the Belgium one , I cant play it as I just sold it but I know it's not the same as above  :no:  

The Yellow one has the Sax in the beginning 

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

Guest Laura Preminger

Is it possible that there are 2 takes ? A friend of mine has the yellow one and it sounds just like the belgian one ...

Social source share

• Solution
Guest Ivor Jones

do you know what I can't bloody remember what my Yellow one sounded like DOH ! but this one off youtube

Swifty  :thumbsup:

I can see why Laura didn't want that mix, its inferior to the normal version.

The recording on this is not lifted from the Yellow labelled version 45…….Must be a later mix from LP or some other release ? People do these sort of things all the time on Youtube. They lift a scan of a 45 from somewhere and a sound clip from another source.

The red and yellow 45 versions are both identical recordings and the Belgian copy sounds the same too….

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

Guest Laura Preminger

Ivor Jones, thank you so much for your answer ! Now, I finally know ! Alan T was already pointing at this direction and I was beginning to blame Youtube as well :)

Regards,

Laura

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!