Shades Of Soul - Every Issue

Thanks to Sean for uploading again, fault was on my part.

I have also uploaded again this time "correctly" in the earlier post so as to keep them chronologically (if that's the right term) correct

ATB Bob

Many thanks folks, now safely downloaded. Great stuff.

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

Here's issue 28 again, fingers crossed this time it works:

Shades of Soul issue 28 July 1999.pdf 

Best

Sean

No - just tried it and it still won't open, despite my having checked the original file I'm uploading and that opens with no problem. Very sorry, will give it a bit more thought and try again maybe tomorrow.

Edited by seano
Attached file doesn't open.
Social source share

I noticed that the subs were due in issue 27 - maybe that's why issue 28 fails to open? :wink:

Seriously, it's great to see all the issues of the mag again in a handy format to take away on holiday with you - that's my summer holiday reading sorted! :thumbsup:

By the way, I noticed issue 21 has got a year of 2001 instead of 1991 - a glimpse into the future perhaps?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I noticed that the subs were due in issue 27 - maybe that's why issue 28 fails to open? :wink:

Seriously, it's great to see all the issues of the mag again in a handy format to take away on holiday with you - that's my summer holiday reading sorted! :thumbsup:

By the way, I noticed issue 21 has got a year of 2001 instead of 1991 - a glimpse into the future perhaps?

These anomalies have been placed intentionally to get feedback (or is that just my way of cover?)

Bob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was messaged that Issue 24 went into Issue 27 at page 30, have uploaded again in chronological order, can someone check it out please and respond.

Many thanks for your perseverance.

Checked it myself and don't upload proper.

(in key of E minor) shall try again tomorrow

ATB Bob

Edited by theothertosspot
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Bob

I can't even find the download link for Issue 24 anymore - that post seems to have vanished!:g:

Or is that what you meant with it didn't upload proper?

I have checked the one you previously put up and can confirm it's got a total of 82 (PDF) pages.

It starts off with pages 1 & 2 of Issue 24, then starts off again with page 1 (on PDF page 3) then goes through all pages to page 19 (PDF page 21) then jumps to page 30.

PDF page 23 then starts with issue 27 and continues with all 60 pages of that Issue...

Technology - isn't it great.... sometimes! :P

Social source share

Going back to issue 28 yet again. Whatever the problems have been with the version I scanned don't seem to have worked out, but Bob has kindly sent me a compressed version so hopefully this will work, and if it does then I'll follow on with issue 29, although as I scanned that on the same copier in the same way don't hold your breath!

Shades of Soul Issue 28 July 99.pdf

It still won't download! Uploaded fine as did my previous attempts, but on checking that you can download it - no joy.

Social source share

the thread here tells the story

this  be updated as stuff happens so its worth checking out now and again

Mike - so sorry to have not read that, totally understand and I'll wait and wish you luck with it all!

Best

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Are these still available to download, only managed to download no 28.

seen the site is down, but wondering if they have been taken off.

Absolute brilliant read , many thanks.

kev

link in the green box at the top of every page will give you the latest score on the upgrade 

will post updates etc there and also in the support/feedback forum

:thumbsup:

mike

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm on a roll! Issue 28 worked (at least the download did for me, let me know if that's not the case for you), so here's issue 29, knock yourself out!

Best

Sean

Shades_of_Soul_issue_29_Oct_2000.pdf

Looking forward to reading this as never seen a copy of it before (similar sensation to hearing a record or seeing a copy of for the first time methinks)

ATB Bob

Edited by theothertosspot
Trying to erase quote
Social source share

Thanks guys!

I downloaded all the latest issues along with the two corrected issues (24 & 28) In fact I did the latter ones shortly after Bob messaged me, but I couldn't seem to get a reply message working at the time - maybe due to the site problems?

But all seems to be OK tonight. I spent that long going through 24 & 28 that I lost track of the time! :D

I'd forgotten about all the comments I'd made in some of those issues - in fact I've forgotten that I even knew some of the stuff in the first place! :shhh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great thread! Fortunately I don't need to download any as I have the full set, 1 - 32.

I started buying (subscribed) around issue 17 or so but found all the previous issues in a record shop in Norwich and bought the lot.

I once took a whole load to Spain with me on holiday complete with notebook and pen so I could record anything interesting and make a list of records that sounded interesting and try to seek them out. I used to do this while the missus was sunning by the pool as I couldn't stand being in the sun all day!

The knowledge learnt from them is priceless. In fact I will be getting them out again soon and have another read through them all as a lot of records have passed through my hands since the last time I read them and it will be interesting to compare notes and observations.

One of (if not THE) best NS fanzines to exist.

Edited by Soul-Slider
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Great thread! Fortunately I don't need to download any as I have the full set, 1 - 32.

I started buying (subscribed) around issue 17 or so but found all the previous issues in a record shop in Norwich and bought the lot.

I once took a whole load to Spain with me on holiday complete with notebook and pen so I could record anything interesting and make a list of records that sounded interesting and try to seek them out. I used to do this while the missus was sunning by the pool as I couldn't stand being in the sun all day!

The knowledge learnt from them is priceless. In fact I will be getting them out again soon and have another read through them all as a lot of records have passed through my hands since the last time I read them and it will be interesting to compare notes and observations.

One of (if not THE) best NS fanzines to exist.

Good grief - trucking a pile of those magazines over on holiday is dedication! Despite my never having a good memory, I used to vaguely hope that names, titles, labels etc would stick in my mind - my collection begs to differ!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Finally getting a little organised and to hold up my end of the bargain here is issue 31.  Just got to rearrange the pages in issue 32 and you will then have all the issues.

Not sure of the quality of the images in the file as this is first attempt with this scanner.  Haven't time this weekend to sort but at least you can read.

Shades Of Soul Issue 31April 2004 reduced.pdf

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks to Bob, Sean & Chalky for their hard work in getting all copies digitised. 

Thanks also to Derek for 22 years of editing one of the best mags ever

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, Chalky & Bob and as you say Steve, great work from Derek for all of those years of diligent solid work and commitment on a great magazine.

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Not been on SS in a while (as a logged on member) so didn't realise Chalky had completed the set.

As mentioned above excellent work by everyone involved, especially Derek who not only produced the mag but also kindly gave us permission to upload for the enjoyment of soul fans past, present and future.

Regards Bob

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!