News: BB King Rip

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Loved B.B. King  1st time i heard The Thrill is gone it blew me away,and always loved his version of To know you is to love you ,there was a great interview by  Alexis Corner in the seventies on BBC radio with B.B.  

A.C. and Colin Hodgkinson did a fantastic concert on channel 4 years ago and paid tribute to the blues including B.B.

Rest in peace and thank you 

Edited by smudger
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this B.B. King anecdote from Denis Wilcox the former lead singer of Elbowed-Out.

Good memories of meeting B.B. King.

In the late 70's,my band "Elbowed-Out" had the great privilege of opening for B.B. King at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle Washington.

We had finished our set,and I decided that I wanted to watch B.B. King's set from backstage. Soon, I'm standing in the wings as the band is getting set up and ready to go on.

I look up,and here comes B.B.,and he comes right up to me and starts telling me how he enjoyed our set. WOW! He has a big hamburger in one hand and a Coke in the other,and continues eating and drinking while we are talking.

Then his  band starts playing,and the MC starts calling out,"People,are you ready?! Are you ready for the King?!" And B.B. says to me,"well,I gotta go now,can you take these for me"?, and he hands me his hamburger and Coke! Then he went out on stage while still chewing,and proceeded to show everyone just why he is called The King of The Blues.

I feel so lucky and honored to have touched with him.

Rest in Peace, B.B..

Denis

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!