Dolls - The Reason Why

Damian

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I'm probably telling you something you already know about this great lice of N/S, but just in case, this was released 3 times. First time as Linda Burns on Ty-Tex, then as by The Dolls on both Toy & Loma. All these releases happened between 65 and 66 ( I think? not definite about the Toy release?) so not much to choose between them date wise, although it's generally accepted that the Linda Burns is the original, and it's definitely the rarest by a country mile (some say it sounds better? a more northern version, but not sure i could ever tell any difference at all when i had it on all 3 labels?)
On Discogs there's a Linda Burns for sale at £150, no idea who the seller is, or if the seller is on here? Cheapest format is usually Loma at about £60 for a near mint very nice clean no writing or stickers etc VG++ and Toy copies about the same or slightly less (dont think Ive ever seen a Toy WDJ?)
hth btw have you seen the live versions on youtube, brilliant in their sparkly green dresses !

Social source share

I'm probably telling you something you already know about this great lice of N/S, but just in case, this was released 3 times. First time as Linda Burns on Ty-Tex, then as by The Dolls on both Toy & Loma. All these releases happened between 65 and 66 ( I think? not definite about the Toy release?) so not much to choose between them date wise, although it's generally accepted that the Linda Burns is the original, and it's definitely the rarest by a country mile (some say it sounds better? a more northern version, but not sure i could ever tell any difference at all when i had it on all 3 labels?)

On Discogs there's a Linda Burns for sale at £150, no idea who the seller is, or if the seller is on here? Cheapest format is usually Loma at about £60 for a near mint very nice clean no writing or stickers etc VG++ and Toy copies about the same or slightly less (dont think Ive ever seen a Toy WDJ?)

hth btw have you seen the live versions on youtube, brilliant in their sparkly green dresses !

Thank you...

you have told me something I did not know......never twigged the Linda Burns was the same

:facepalm:

Sold a clean Loma issue about 2 years ago for £40..got my hand snapped off...

I am holding onto my other copy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

btw, is either of the pressings (LOMA or Toy) *not* styrene? (Also, are they the same recording?) 

Toy is vinyl and Loma styrene. I believe they would be the same recording/take but I have yet to hear a Toy copy. Now the Linda Burns is another take on the singing to the Loma and the mix/mastering is different.

Social source share

a VG- Loma promo popped up on Ebay today, BIN for $9.99 from a US seller with over 11k positive feedback.. took a chance on it, let's see what turns up. I hope it's not chewed up. Thank you to all of you who have offered copies and I still might go for one, depending on what shape this one turns out to be in. Will keep you posted -- cheers! 

Edited by damian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Ebay gamble turned out in my favour this time - these arrived today: 

Dolls_x_2_IMG_20150602_200356.jpg

They are, most of all, just reeeally dusty. But they look like they'll clean up really well, and they play all the way through without any major flaws. In short, good playing copies - paid $15 for the lot. 

Once again, thank you very much to all of you who have offered copies (and sorry to have bothered you for nothing but I wasn't expecting these to pop up!) - take care!! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well the Ebay gamble turned out in my favour this time - these arrived today: 

Dolls_x_2_IMG_20150602_200356.jpg

They are, most of all, just reeeally dusty. But they look like they'll clean up really well, and they play all the way through without any major flaws. In short, good playing copies - paid $15 for the lot. 

Once again, thank you very much to all of you who have offered copies (and sorry to have bothered you for nothing but I wasn't expecting these to pop up!) - take care!! 

Result!  :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share