Kegsy

Scottish Power Complaints

Apparently Scottish Power have received the highest level of complaints

ever, in a three month period.

I wonder how many were disgruntled, buckfasted up Scots

moaning about the referendum result. :D  

We are with them and never had cause for complaint so can't say what their customer service is like. Unlike EON. Biggest set of tossers I've ever had to deal with.

We are with them and never had cause for complaint so can't say what their customer service is like. Unlike EON. Biggest set of tossers I've ever had to deal with.

Think we should all be with the company OVO    :D

Don't know what the rates or customer service are like though.

Never had a problem with Scottish Power. But take exception to your "buckfast" reference.

Edited by gogs

Never had a problem with Scottish Power. But take exception to your "buckfast" reference.

Sorry mate, it was meant to be jockular.  :)

Edited by Kegsy

Kegsy

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your spelling of 'JOCULAR' - I assume it was a play on words to call Scottish Power and the Scots rather than your poor education!!

Edited by JulianB

Kegsy

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your spelling of 'JOCULAR' - I assume it was a play on words to call Scottish Power and the Scots rather than your poor education!!

Their were nuffin wrong wiv my edukasion mate.

Their were nuffin wrong wiv my edukasion mate.

obviously you went to one of these academies that the Tories keep on about.

Just ditched Scottish Power after a year and switched to Sainsbury's, because I heard a rumour they were going into a coalition with EON.

Following on from my decision to switch energy providers, I received a letter from Scottish Power asking me if I would reconsider, and offering me a better deal.  Not tempted by this offer, I just ignored the letter.  The switch went ahead and Scottish Power took all monies owed by Direct Debit.  As I have not yet received a closing statement from SP, I rang the number given on the aforementioned letter, and was asked for my account number.  I quoted this from the letter head, but was told it was missing a digit, as all business accounts have eleven digits.  I informed the call centre operative that I was a domestic user, to which he replied I had phoned the business account number.  After telling him I had phoned the number given on their correspondence, he gave me another number to phone, being seemingly unable to transfer my call.  I dialled the number only to get one of his colleagues on the Glasgow Business Sales team.  Fortunately she was able to transfer me to the Domestic Sales team in Liverpool.  Unable to recognise the account number I had given from the letter, Scouse lad found my account details from my name, address, date of birth and inside leg measurement.  I was then able to enquire about the lack of a closing statement, which I should have received three weeks earlier.  I have been assured I will receive one this week.

Now if I was writing to a customer to ask them to remain a customer, I would make sure I provided said customer with the correct contact number, and would have quoted the correct customer account number.

You really can't help yourself, can you ?  I am at the point now, if I see anymore derogatory references to the Scottish people or your obsessive ranting about a referendum which happened last year then I WILL report you ....  Your posts are not funny, in fact they are very childish and xenophobic ...

NPower are terrible, when I switched it took over 3 months, I did the usual, straight to Head Honcho to complain, result £50 credit to account and the biggest box of various Thorntons chocolates etc I've seen, must have been another £50 and no problems since. :thumbup:

Spot. :shades:

Following on from my decision to switch energy providers, I received a letter from Scottish Power asking me if I would reconsider, and offering me a better deal.  Not tempted by this offer, I just ignored the letter.  The switch went ahead and Scottish Power took all monies owed by Direct Debit.  As I have not yet received a closing statement from SP, I rang the number given on the aforementioned letter, and was asked for my account number.  I quoted this from the letter head, but was told it was missing a digit, as all business accounts have eleven digits.  I informed the call centre operative that I was a domestic user, to which he replied I had phoned the business account number.  After telling him I had phoned the number given on their correspondence, he gave me another number to phone, being seemingly unable to transfer my call.  I dialled the number only to get one of his colleagues on the Glasgow Business Sales team.  Fortunately she was able to transfer me to the Domestic Sales team in Liverpool.  Unable to recognise the account number I had given from the letter, Scouse lad found my account details from my name, address, date of birth and inside leg measurement.  I was then able to enquire about the lack of a closing statement, which I should have received three weeks earlier.  I have been assured I will receive one this week.

Now if I was writing to a customer to ask them to remain a customer, I would make sure I provided said customer with the correct contact number, and would have quoted the correct customer account number.

Steve and they wonder why we have no faith in them?? I loath poor Customer Service and incompetence, I give them 1 chance then it's Mr CEO direct for me. :hatsoff2:

Steve and they wonder why we have no faith in them?? I loath poor Customer Service and incompetence, I give them 1 chance then it's Mr CEO direct for me. :hatsoff2:

Luckily I didn't have a problem with my gas and electricity supply when I was a Scottish Power customer, but I will be scrutinising the final invoice when it eventually arrives, and make sure their meter readings tally up with mine.

NPower are terrible, when I switched it took over 3 months, I did the usual, straight to Head Honcho to complain, result £50 credit to account and the biggest box of various Thorntons chocolates etc I've seen, must have been another £50 and no problems since. :thumbup:

Just remember we did the same, terrible company.  I switched back to Scottish Power within a month. I made a call to them and rather than hold they have call back.  They rang me back about 11:30 at night, wasn't best pleased.  Another call the following day, call back again, they never bothered, same for three or four occasions.  Took them 12 days to answer an email.

seems to me there isn't one decent compamy with decent customer relations amongst power suppliers.  Most of them assume we will tolerate it and not switch which I would imagine most don't. 

Please all switch to SSE to help my dividend income!

I was with Atlantic Energy (SSE) for years after switching from British Gas.  I don't think I ever had any problems with them.  The reason I switched to Scottish Power was the price, which is why I've just switched again to Sainsburys.  I've come full circle as Sainsburys use British Gas, but hopefully their customer service will be better, plus I get Nectar Points.  My mother has just moved into a new house, and we didn't find out that the gas and electric were on the pre-pay cards until well into the buying process.  British Gas won't be sending anybody round to change it back to normal meters for six weeks.  In the meantime it's a case of paying through the nose for her energy.  Luckily my mother doesn't use much, but if it was a case of switching from a normal tariff to pre-pay, they'd have an engineer round tomorrow.

A few years ago I was with British Gas but transferred to Southern Electric for both my gas & electricy bills.

My final bill for one month was £ 2000.500 but it came from a debt collecting agency. British Gas had sold on the so called debt.

I contacted the debt collecting agency & they told me that if I paid on the day they would settle for £2000.00

I contacted British Gas & they told me that unless I had a heated swimming pool that this bill was impossible.

This went on for over a year & I spoke to a work mate about it who put me in touch with an arbitrator.

The phone calls kept coming in from the debt collectors & to relieve the stress I decided to cough up the money, but first I phoned the arbitrator.

I was informed that I didn't owe British Gas anything, in fact I was owed £45 by British Gas & a cheque would follow shortly.

Don't go with British Gas!!!!

I moved from one flat to another in the same block end of last year. One I am in now is npower...I get bombarded with emails requesting that i do endless, complicated meter readings which i did a few times but as they seem to ignore them, I stopped bothering. Doesn't even seem to be the option of the lazy bastards sending someone round to do a reading. It took them 4 months to send my first bill and takes about 40 mins to speak to anyone on the phone. But.....

Previous flat was Scottish Power. My monthly bill off them used to be 120 quid a month (gas and electric). Current flat - exactly the same, purpose built flat in the same block, first month's bill (gas and electric) was 30 quid!!

Do these energy companies just make it up as they go along????

Got a call from another company trying to get me to switch. He gave me details of a tariff with my existing provider that I was unaware of. Contacted my provider and my monthly bill went down £35 pm. I was put onto a new fixed rate which had just come along. Happy days! 

Got a call from another company trying to get me to switch. He gave me details of a tariff with my existing provider that I was unaware of. Contacted my provider and my monthly bill went down £35 pm. I was put onto a new fixed rate which had just come along. Happy days! 

Thought the government was going to make it law that energy companies have got to advise existing customers of cheaper tariffs if available.

Can you elaborate/expand on the "jockular - buckfast" comments please. Thank you.

You really can't help yourself, can you ?  I am at the point now, if I see anymore derogatory references to the Scottish people or your obsessive ranting about a referendum which happened last year then I WILL report you ....  Your posts are not funny, in fact they are very childish and xenophobic ...

Just got back from Portugal.

This whole topic wasn't meant to be serious, just a bit of fun regarding complaints

about Scottish Power and a slightly obtuse angle on it. 

Its banter, its in freebasing, WE, the English and Scots, have been giving each other

this kind of stick for donkeys years, there are smileys after my comments.

Sorry if I have offended any delicate Scottish sensibilities.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 3 posts
    • 210 reads
    • Gold Band
    • 20 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 144 reads
    • Twoshoes
    • 12 May 2018
    • 7 posts
    • 509 reads
    • Mark S
    • 09 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 171 reads
    • Source News
    • 09 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 269 reads
    • waterfall_manc
    • 15 Apr 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 106 reads
    • Gary Prescott
    • 08 Jan 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 252 reads
    • Soulfly
    • 30 Dec 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.