Ebay Or Website?

i hope this topic doesnt come across as stirring the muck...but

im confused.

tim brown has rita & tiaras,jimmie bo horn,karmello brooks on his auction,all got reasonable bids on,and end in couple of weeks

however he has the same 3 records on ebay with 4 days to go,with conflicting condition descriptions,i assume different bidders,and different amounts?

as another point,i was outbid on karmello brooks at 800 quid on his site,but now it appears i can go on ebay and bid on the exact same copy at 57 quid?

so do i bid on site,

or ebay for the same record?

Social source share

I think collectively, that we must not think or assume they are the same copies, as Tim is a long standing collector and record dealer.

Personally, I don't think he would make such a conflicting sales pitch unless he has two or more copies. I may well be wrong, but using the same label scans or same description, isn't a crime or underhand.

if the ebay items sell first,and cheaper than the Anglo Auction, then to be frank, that's Tims problem ( if it is a problem?) being a dealer with his contacts, why not assume he has 2 or more copies rather than there's something amiss?

How many rare or hard to find records have been turn up in handfuls or box counts over the years?

Just my opinion, but Soul fans do tend to get real precious about the scene and to be frank some people tend to take the negative tack rather than let it flow!

Dave

Social source share

but as a renowned respected dealer, i expect a bit more professionlsm,i find this a bit shoddy.

Hmmmm...I would imagine/like to think there is no side to this...surely can't be the same records....of all the people to have a few copies, Tim Brown would be the one Who might have....we have spoke before about transparency of auctions, and to be fair, like it or not, John manships is the fairest...others seem, shall we say, not as good?.....Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It would strike me as a very strange business move if you had two copies of a rare record and sold them both at the same time on different sites - neither would reach their maximum potential. If it was the same 45 on both sites, he could sync them up so that the high bidder on either site could gazzump the other auction. But if the ebay auction finishes first, he's entered a legally binding contract with the winner.

Unless he's using the ebay auctions to direct bidders to his own site, like free advertising - and will just end the ebay auctions early? Who knows and far be it for me to speculate. Although I just have in a wild and loose fashion...  :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Tims removing shortly from ebay. There was a balls up and he doesn't have multi copies of any of them regards . S.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I've just seen Tim's Rita on Ebay is over five grand and the bids on his list is two and a half bet he'll keep it on Ebay now. I'm seriously considering selling my demo now .

Social source share

IMHO If people know they are  being removed from evil bay, some will just bid anything cos it does not matter as they will not have to pay up.

Thus skewing how much you may think the 45 will go for on the web site auction.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!