Sheepherders With Bubba Bailey "if You Need Me"

I'm at the record fair in Chicago and a dealer has this fantastic northern soul 45. Sheepherders with Bubba Bailey "If you need me" I never heard it before. I played it and it is really good $2500. I aint paying that unless I know I can shift it. It's a near mint copy. I can probably haggle a bit off so if anyone is interested let me know asap as I got one more day (Sunday) to do any deal.  Best to text me on 0044 7808 253553 as i may not be able to check this group.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

What a great find!  I lived in Chicago at the time that was out, and never saw it nor heard of it.  It definitely sounds like a Chicago recording, but not produced nor arranged by one of the well-known Soul producers.  I don't recognise the names on the record.

Social source share

It's an east coast record. Don't remember all the details, but I think it's a Virginia record. A copy sold for 1500 dollars on ebay recently. $2500 seems a bit high though. Fantastic record!

THAT explains why I didn't know about it.  It has some faint characteristics of The Chicago Sound, but not really strong, unlike The Combinations of Atlanta.

Social source share

Guest Dale

It did Chalky...Ol' Virginia Soul part 2

Some other great tracks on it....Bernard Smith...William Cummings...and of course to inst of MMLAHT...fab cd

Social source share

A great call on The Royale VII'  hey  a fabulous 45 BTW Jordi - they certainly got around this one  Recorded at The Sound Sigma Studio in Philadelphia 

tfk

A nice read on The Sheepherders aka The Royal VII... 

https://funkyvirginia.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/royale-vii-hand-out-love-windmill.html

back on topic yes the Sheepherders is a goodie ?

post-3067-0-81579800-1431892352_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!