Harrogatesoul

• Replies 3
  • Views 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was this ever released originally back when it was first recorded? I've copied the following from Dave Rimmers Soulful Kinda Music website (www.soulfulkindamusic.net) , saying that it was withdrawn. Does that mean it was withdrawn before any were pressed up or did any copies get out? Or does it mean that this is the first official release? I'm only asking for my own personal interest, thanks. :lol:

6T16 A - Junior McCants - Try Me For Your New Love

6T16 B - Garland Green - Come Through Me

The Junior McCants track has been one of the mega rarities from the Stafford days, since Pat Brady originally played it from an acetate. It turned out that the track is horrendously rare simply because Junior McCants died before the single could be released, so it was withdrawn as a mark of respect. the Garland Green is a nice previously unreleased midtempo track.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Was this ever released originally back when it was first recorded? I've copied the following from Dave Rimmers Soulful Kinda Music website (www.soulfulkindamusic.net) , saying that it was withdrawn. Does that mean it was withdrawn before any were pressed up or did any copies get out? Or does it mean that this is the first official release? I'm only asking for my own personal interest, thanks. :yes:

6T16 A - Junior McCants - Try Me For Your New Love

6T16 B - Garland Green - Come Through Me

The Junior McCants track has been one of the mega rarities from the Stafford days, since Pat Brady originally played it from an acetate. It turned out that the track is horrendously rare simply because Junior McCants died before the single could be released, so it was withdrawn as a mark of respect. the Garland Green is a nice previously unreleased midtempo track.

There are maybe 2/3 original copies known to exist all are demos (as far as I'm aware), Tim Brown has one. The record was withdrawn due to the artist sudden death and the cat no re-allocated to a Billy Ward and the Dominos re-issue.

Awesome record though :lol:

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert