Events - Problems Today ?

To me, an old fart with more memories than remaining brain cells, the problem seems to be alcohol.  Never saw any trouble in fik knows how many years "back in the day", but was I 100% observant?  Probably not.

Now, I can't attend week in week out, air fares would hurt a bit, but there seems to be an increase in dickhead behaviour at venues which seem to attract the" longer hours " type of drinker.

As said by many,more lucid posters earlier, would an "alcohol for members only" regieme work.?

Members cards across the scene even?

It would get rid of the local piss artists, instantly. 

Very sad to see violence on the scene, even though it didn't amount to much,but I understand the OP not knowing how to respond, with his wife being there, protection and all that, and some responses from fellow members, give over lads, we're the new over the hill mob,just like those silly rock'n roll fans that used to be famous.

We are OLD.

But our music will never die.

KTF.

Edited by Northern Monkey
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

one comment i do not understand?  "no alcohol at niters like it used to be" does that mean people had not had a drink before? or didn´t drink in those days? don´t believe it, probably no drugs then either :g:

Years ago(or back in the day as it is now called)most people used to meet in pubs before the all-nighter started and get as much down their necks as possible :rofl:  (an English sport called last orders helped) it will never change ,nowadys there should be no need for it, members only,there will always be a way around that if the promoter thinks he may lose money .

Good tip get Dave Thorley to dj ? at Bamberg he told!people with drinks in their hand "to get the fuck off the dance floor" :shhh: didn´t make the slightest bit of difference :D

Steve(beer monster)

Steve. You know as well as I do what I meant. In the venue.

Who mentioned anything about no drugs. . The crowd that I knocked about with never got as much beers down the necks as they could before heading to the nighter a couple of pints maybe otherwise it took the edge of the gear.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!