Frankie Beverley Value Please

That was for a red issue, be careful there are 1970s boots that are WDJ, good luck. I have one for sale on Gamble.

I thought boots were of the red issue - not the white demo?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Really ?

I know there were two different releases with different flip sides, white and maroon variations of both, but I've never seen (or even heard of) a Sassy boot - either white or maroon.

Do they look similar to real ones ?

Cheers

Mick

Mick. May be that's where I'm getting confused with the two releases with different b sides. Was along time ago. But I was convinced it had been booted.

Steve

Social source share

I remember seeing one of the Sassy boots in the early '80s, which I believe are very, very rare - must be, because it's the only one I've ever seen (probably means that it was a very limited press, and most people who bought it must still be holding on to their copies).  I would put its rarity on a par to the boots of the Admirations "Heaven Is In Your Arms" on Paree.

Good lookalike from memory, but the vinyl was quite thin and had a tapered edge.  And, of course,  no matrix stampings.  The B-side was "Love (Your Pain Goes Deep)".  The red and silver label was spot on, and looked like the original in every way.  It was in a box of reissues all at £1 or £1.50 each, around the same time an issue on Sassy went for around £3.  I didn't bother buying it because I already had the clear vinyl reissue on Inferno, and I was happy enough with that (you have to remember I was only 18 at the time, and didn't care whether my records were originals, boots or legal reissues!).

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!