Freddie Lowe- "decisions" 10" Fnkfrd/wayne Acetate

Mal C

Freddie Lowe- "Decisions"  10" Fnkfrd/Wayne Acetate

As you all know this track got released as promo only, and had long / short versions on it, not the flip side which is on this acetate which is "Why Should I Forgive You". I think that also came out on Sorroco but on another 45...

Anyhow, can anybody give me any idea about this, cut last month? or was cut as you would presume at Fnkfrd/Wayne back in the day to gauge the mastering process... seller says he doesn't know, but came from the NY area...

I wonder what folk think, either way I'm happy as I sold my demo a couple years back, so its nice to have something to play this off at home again...

Malcolm

post-2025-0-66435400-1432570569_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

You did Benji, kinda regret selling that but hey ho..,

Regards this acetate, i don't think it was cut last week by the scan and MP3, I've not actually got it yet so can't do the 'sniff' test, but I got it cheap, so it's no real big deal if it was...

My guess is it's an engineers dub copy... But you never know there are lots of folk out there know tons more than me...

M

Social source share

I can now confirm the outcome of Benji's 'smell test'.. It's an Old acetate, notice it's the NY address for Frankford Wayne, all the other FW acetates I've had have been Philly ones... Anyhow the flip is the flip side or sweet soul side to Footsteps by Shock on Sorocco...

M

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Try Reggie Walkers goodie " Depression " also on Sirocco ( I'm really  guessing  it's the same label  ) but if so and hav always a tail to tell - so this  also came out on Br - Roma records  ' which if my memory serves me this song is a version of "True Movement"  and "Avatarr  " recordings  !!! Off the thread I must  have liked this song because somehow I ended up buying all 3 versions  lol   :g:  - The True Movement 45 was a very popular tape swappers sound ( for both sides) many moons ago !!! Right am off sit in the shade  etc tfk :rofl:

post-3067-0-19096800-1433245642_thumb.jp

post-3067-0-05545800-1433245657_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

From your scan it looks legit. What does it smell like? Freshly cut acetates have a very distinctive smell that takes years to eventually disappear. What's the flipside like?

BTW, didn't I buy my demo from you?

Not sure that distinctive acetate smell ever really goes away. Even 60s acetates still give off that unique aroma...

I remember a mate asking me if a 12" he was playing in a pub was an acetate or just a really heavy pressing. He gave it to me, and without even thinking I gave it a sniff. The looks of horror surrounding me... "Did that FREAK just SNIFF a record???!!!" I know now it's not considered socially acceptable behaviour...

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Don't know if "that smell" ever disappears. But there's a huge difference in smell between an "old" (60s/70s) acetate and a comparatively new one.

I once bought two acetates from a NY seller, both allegedly old ones. One was bogus. It was the smell that gave it away.

I'm sure Mal got a proper one. For a proper price. Well done!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!