Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

chalky

Fifa Corruption

At long last something is being done about the corruption that everyone knew was going on within FIFA.  A rack of charges going back years that are normally reserved for the likes of the Mafia.

another prosecution case from the Swiss into the 2018 and 2022 WC Finals which surely should be scrapped now and a ballot re run?  Time the multi million pond bids wer done away with, no lobbying allowed, a nation presents a written bid, outlining its plans, they are read and a vote taken.  Due diligence then takes place to see if the winning bid is feasible.  As it is it is all open to corruption as we are no seeing.

it is time the major powers withdrew from FIFA and started again as I think it is the only way to sweep away all thw bad within the organisation.  Far too many have got extremely rich from being a football administrator.  Too may from tiny nations, some with no league to speak of having a major say in world football.

Blattter is already denying any involvement. Teflon coated me thinks but surely he should be implicated. Maybe the others will sing like canaries during the interviewing process. That's unless they are paid to keep stum.

Made my day when I heard this on the radio earlier. Its astonishing that this corrupt organisation has been able to carry on with impunity for so long. Hopefully successful prosecutions will follow. Now can we start getting a few more bankers in the dock for fraud and financial mismanagement?

Fairly big news over here too surprisingly. Seems they were fluff & folding it through US banks,
so the FBI got involved. Maybe they'll pop a few of our bankers who had "no idea the humongous piles of nine bob notes they were shuffling around were bent"

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2015/05/27/new-york-prosecutors-announce-fifa-bribery-bust.html

Interesting that Russia & Qatar are still in place. If things carry on as they are in Ukraine be interesting to see who goes to Russia, and how it will screw up the prem either broiling them in the summer or having half the teams in international duty in mid season.

I hope they all rat each other out, last one to sing gets the bird. Not likely any will do any time sadly, but it's a nice thought.
Now we've got rid of The Fat One, maybe he'll see a place for his "sofisticated" talents there, looks like there could be a vacancy

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts