Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Peter99

Grrrrrr! Netflix Won't Work - Advice For An Idiot?

My Netflix has stopped working - just keep getting error messages. I've rebooted and restarted my TiVo box, the tv and the router (hub). I've followed all the instructions on Netflix etc - I've worked over time, under time, any time all the time!  :sweatingbullets: 

Netflix are saying that my ISP address and router needs resetting as the problem is due to download speed. I don't fancy doing that in case I mess everything up - I don't do IT. So, before I ring India and ask them to do it has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks. 

Nice but very dim.

:elvis: 

My Netflix has stopped working - just keep getting error messages. I've rebooted and restarted my TiVo box, the tv and the router (hub). I've followed all the instructions on Netflix etc - I've worked over time, under time, any time all the time!  :sweatingbullets: 

Netflix are saying that my ISP address and router needs resetting as the problem is due to download speed. I don't fancy doing that in case I mess everything up - I don't do IT. So, before I ring India and ask them to do it has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks. 

Nice but very dim.

:elvis: 

Maybe it's just a temporary problem with your ISP.  Who's your provider?  If you go on their website they may have information regarding problems in your area.

Steve S 60, on 28 May 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

Maybe it's just a temporary problem with your ISP.  Who's your provider?  If you go on their website they may have information regarding problems in your area.

Thanks Steve

Yep done that. It's Virgin and the area report is that everything is working properly.

P

Thanks Steve

Yep done that. It's Virgin and the area report is that everything is working properly.

P

Don't know about Virgin, but Sky have details of self diagnostic tests you can run on your router.  Would imagine Virgin will have similar.

Find out what make of router you have. Then search for it's router IP address, it will something like  192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 . Put it in the box where you usually type a web address (e.g. www.soul-source.co.uk) and a diagnostic /setup page for your router should open up. Call your providers help line and they'll walk you through configuring your modem   

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts