7In Box Sets Coming Soon

Would not count on that have recently bought Georgie fame single with sweet thing and three other tracks,first one skips both sides and replacement jumps as well but only one side,looking at not purchasing anything by universal again.

Social source share

I think most people that fancy this will be happy to pay but I do think give us something that really is a collectors piece with some quality heavy vinyl, decent lable repros and records that actually play. Most of all lets see some respect for the artists, song writers and production who put these great tracks together.

Edited by Raym
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

These look really good and I'm sure a realist price will be established. Even so  I don't think the one announced is extortionate. Maybe just a little on the high side.

I just hope that buyers don't start splitting these up a la Motown. Each record  is a part of  the whole package. It's the "wholeness" of the item that gives it it's validity or status as a collectors item. As such whether some of the tracks have been released before is to a large extent irrelevant as long as it's all kept together. (in my opinion).

Social source share

These look really good and I'm sure a realist price will be established. Even so  I don't think the one announced is extortionate. Maybe just a little on the high side.

I just hope that buyers don't start splitting these up a la Motown. Each record  is a part of  the whole package. It's the "wholeness" of the item that gives it it's validity or status as a collectors item. As such whether some of the tracks have been released before is to a large extent irrelevant as long as it's all kept together. (in my opinion).

To be honest I go the other way, I wish they'd sell them separately because there's loads of stuff I've already got and would only be wanting maybe 2 singles out of each pack.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest john s

"A rarity is thrown in for good value too, Joy Lovejoy doing ‘In Orbit’ – with very little known about this particular singer and the song even today."

FFS.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!